Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess the SDCC figure!

It is almost time for the SDCC figure to be revealed. Which figure do you:
    a) really want to get in 2014 as the SDCC exclusive?
    b) think we will get in 2014 as the SDCC exclusive?
    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

I would like to get... and I expect that we will get... Laser He-Man and Skeletor as an SDCC two pack exclusive. The fact that they were featured on the mini-comic cover makes me think this will be the case. I also think that they will re-issue that same mini-comic with the Laser figures as more incentive for people to buy them.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• zombihamma
      zombihamma commented
      Editing a comment
      I think this,^^^^^in a nut shell, Or maybe Eldor ?

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I would like to get... and I expect that we will get... Laser He-Man and Skeletor as an SDCC two pack exclusive. The fact that they were featured on the mini-comic cover makes me think this will be the case. I also think that they will re-issue that same mini-comic with the Laser figures as more incentive for people to buy them.
    a) I think Captain Atkin has called the most logical exclusive I can think of. However, I hope they'll be enough of them after the show if they ever get released...
    b) I don't know what to expect honestly, but I hope it's not an army builder set or a limited release of a vehicle or the back section of the Battle-Ram, that would piss me off!

Comment

The fan boy in me says "Oh look, more variants of He-Man/Skeletor when the fans have been asking for characters", way to got Scoot (I'm not calling him Toyguru anymore, because he is far from it), but the consumer in my says "Good, more stuff I don't want or care to own, someone else can have it"

I know some fans love variants, and I've loved a few over the years (Terror Claws Skeletor is my fav), but at this price point, and with exclusivity added to that, its an easy pass.

Comment

If some of you don't prefer variants, how about an Alcala demon pack from the vintage mini-comics?

I personally would love to see this happening, but I'm sure due to the tooling costs, it's out of the question for Neitlich, unless of course he wants those figures himself.

Comment

Yep, that episode of toy hunter recently where he was needing the 2 laser light figures in time for this years SDCC kinda made me think that's what in store. Personally, I would like another small vehicle like a roton or land shark

Comment

I'm okay with Filmation Hordak + Imp.

Comment

I would like Rotar and Twistoid based on Emiliano's designs.
              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

I would like Rotar and Twistoid as the 2014 SDCC exclusives. But I think Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor will be the 2014 SDCC exclusives. I'd be happy with those too.

Comment

Knowing Neiltich, it will probably be a Dare and Skeleteen 2-pack or something very underwhelming like that...

Comment

Rotar and Twistoid as the 2014 SDCC exclusives would be very cool!
                    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

We will probably receive something to complete the vintage toy line, which is what Mattel's new "road map" promises to do in 2014 and 2015. If this is true, I'd want a Laser Light Skeletor Vs. Laser Power He-Man 2-pack. I'm also hearing many fans predict Filmation Hordak and Imp, which I'd be fine with. Filmation Hordak would be a potential indicator of what we could expect if in the future we received any other Filmation variants, in terms of the tooling and deco Mattel is willing to invest in such figures. I'd be very curious, for example, to see if Hordak's head is retooled to give him that classic Filmation look. Filmation variants could be used as an inexpensive filler to save tooling dollars for other figures, or as exclusives once the subscriptions end.

Last edited by AdultCollector; 04-24-2014, 04:56 AM.

Comment

King Miro for exclusive in his mini comic book warrior attire in order to complete the line of kings of eternia

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X