Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2016 line poll (an unofficial poll at Mattycollector.com)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2016 line poll (an unofficial poll at Mattycollector.com)

Click here to visit Mattycollector.com and let Mattel know what you want to see in a potential 2016 Masters of the Universe Classics line!

From Catra's Wrath:
    Hey He-fans, She-Ravers and Grayskulls (those who love it all), here's your chance to say what you'd like to see in a potential 2016 Classics line. This is an unofficial poll, so don't take the results as anything literal that you might see if we can get to a potential 2016 line, this is just for fun.

The last poll I ran on these boards a couple of years ago had some very interesting results, for example 92% of the fans who voted wanted a Filmation sub, and now 2 years later, we've had one! That's not to say the poll influenced Mattel's decision to do one, but it is a great way to gage fan desires and speak up about what would keep you collecting past 2015.

These questions are by no means all encompassing, MOTU is such a huge and expansive brand, it would be impossible to list every branch, name, character or storyline within one poll, it's just that large, but hopefully we can identify some key factors that would keep interest alive so we can all keep this line going.

Because the poll would go on forever if there were multiple choices, some questions allow you to vote for your second or third choice. In other cases, feel free to post your other wants in the thread below.

Cast your votes and let's hear your desires for a potential 2016 line! It's just for fun remember, so let's have fun with it.
    The following questions are included in the poll at Mattycollector.com:

1. Toy Guru's focus is to tie up the remaining vintage MOTU and POP characters by the end of 2015. Once the vintage figures are done do you intend to continue collecting the Classics line if it could continue?
    a. Yes i'm in it until the very last figure.
    b. Maybe, I'd have to see what figures were on offer.
    c. Yes but only if I could complete the New Adventures characters.
    d. No way, i'm only in it for vintage characters.

2. What is your priority in terms of character selection in the line from this point moving forwards?
    a. Getting to as many unreleased characters as possible
    b. Getting to all the variants.
    c. Getting to new characters from mini comics.

3. What do you think should be the focus of a 2016 line?
    Choose two:
    a. The remaining New Adventures Characters (e.g: Hoove, Tuskador, Nocturna)
    b. The remaining MYP characters (e.g: Callix, Evil Seed, Prahvus)
    c. The remaining POP variants/characters (e.g: Scratchin' Sound Catra, Star Sisters (toys) Josh, Bubble Power She Ra).
    d. The remaining Filmation characters (e.g: Kitrina, General Sunder, Evil Seed).
    e. New comic characters (e.g: Fangor, Great Black Wizard, Despara, Lady Slither)
    f. Create a Character Contest winners (eg: Raja, Bubblor, Netta, Three-Beast)
    g. Son of He-Man characters (e.g: Dare, Queen Teela, Skeleteen)

4. Would you prefer a 2016 line:
    a. Be all new (unreleased) characters.
    b. Include variants of major characters (e.g. He Man, Man-at-arms, She Ra, Skeletor).
    c. Include variants of other characters (e.g: Tung Lashor, Tallstar, Roboto, Angella).

5. Which of these is your number one priority in terms of variants.
    Choose two:
    a. Filmation variants (eg: Filmation Tung Lashor or Filmation King Miro).
    b. 200X variants (eg: King HSsss or The Sorceress).
    c. POP variants (eg: Starburst She Ra or Shower Power Catra).
    d. Mini comic variants (eg: Mini comic Trap Jaw or Whiplash).
    e. NA variants (eg: Prince Adam, Hook-em Flogg).

6. Would you like to see more beasts in the line?
    a. Yes definitely.
    b. Undecided - would depend on what they are.
    c. No way.

7. Which beasts/larger figures are a priority for you?
    Choose two:
    a. Filmation beasts (eg: Monstroids, Catra panther form, Snow Beast).
    b. Vintage MOTU beasts (eg: Mantisaur, Turbo Dactyl).
    c. Vintage POP beasts (eg: Storm, Arrow, Clawdeen).
    d. MYP 200X (eg: Kulataks).
    e. New Adventures (Sagitar).

8. Would you like to see a vehicle in a 2016 line?
    a. Yes!
    b. Maybe, depends which one.
    c. No way, they're too expensive.

9. In the latest mini comic we saw several new characters introduced to the MOTU world, what do you think of them?
    a. I love the new characters.
    b. I like some of them but hate others.
    c. I don't like any of them.

10. Of these which one is your favorite?
    Choose two:
    a. Lady Slither
    b. Beast Lord
    c. Gladiator
    d. Red Shadow
    e. Bandwidth
    f. Fangor
    g. The Great Black Wizard
    h. Golden Rod
    i. Stretch-Neck
    j. Vypor
    k. Hans Hammer Holder
    l. Despara
    m. Snarrrll the Snow Thief

11. If Mattel were going to make one of the new Create a Character Contest runners up figures at some point, which one would top your list?
    a. Ra-jar
    b. Bubblor
    c. Three Beast
    d. Major Header

12. Out of the vehicles below, which would be your first choice
    Choose two:
    a. Roton
    b. Horde Attack Ship (Filmation)
    c. Land Shark
    d. Battle Bones
    e. Road Ripper
    f. Talon Fighter
    g. Dragon Walker
    h. Bashasaurus
    i. Spydor
    j. Batmech (Filmation)
    k. Nightstalker
    l. Butterflyer
    m. Seahawk's ship (Filmation)
    n. Sea Harp
    o. Bubble Carriage
    p. Stridor
    q. Shuttle Pod (NA)
    r. Bola Jet (NA)
    s. Skull Copter (NA)
    t. Astro Sub (NA)
    u. Starship Eternia (NA)

13. Would you be interested in diorama scene sets (along the lines of the Simpsons diorama sets from a few years back)
    a. YES!
    b. Maybe
    c. No not interested

14. Which is your most desired diorama?
    Choose two:
    a. Skeletor's Throne room
    b. Hordak's Fright Zone throne room
    c. Light Hope's Chamber
    d. Horror Hall (Shadow Weaver's lair)
    e. Whispering Woods Rebel camp
    f. Eternian Palace throne room
    g. Sorceress Throne room

15. If Mattel were ever to make another Classics playlet for pre-order, which would be your first choice?
    Choose two:
    a. Snake Mountain (vintage toy)
    b. Snake Mountain (Filmation)
    c. Fright Zone (Filmation)
    d. Fright Zone (vintage toy)
    e. Crystal Castle (vintage toy)
    f. Crystal Castle (Filmation)
    g. Nordor (NA)
    h. Eternia (vintage toy)
    i. Eternia (Filmation)
    j. Lady Slither's Lair

16. With a higher price point SDCC often allows Mattel to do something a little more expansive for SDCC, which of these would be your most wanted if it were an SDCC exclusive
    Choose two:
    a. Dare VS Skeleteen 2 pack
    b. Vintage toy She Ra vs vintage toy Catra 2 pack
    c. Evil Seed combo pack (build both Filmation and 200X versions)
    d. King Miro combo pack (build both Filmation and MYP versions)
    e. Filmation Hordak with various attachments
    f. Serpents combo 2 pack (Lady Slither and 200X King HSss)
    g. Shadow Wraiths 3 pack
    h. NA scientists 3 pack
    i. Star Sisters (toy versions) 3 pack
    j. Galactic Protector She Ra VS Battle Blade Skeletor 2 pack

17. If the line continued into 2016 what era would you like to see in the mini comics story lines?
    a. He Man and She Ra's battles in space with the Galactic Protectors
    b. Preternia (past)
    c. Dare Son of He Man (future)
    d. Current Eternia (e.g.: Filmation era)

18. What do you think of the current DC comics?
    a. I love them
    b. They're ok
    c. I don't like them

19. Are you interested in variant figures of MOTU characters in their DC looks? (e.g: King Randor, He Man, Teela, Despara)
    a. Yes, bring em on!
    b. Maybe, i'd have to see them first
    c. No way

20. Who is your most desired MOTU character from those remaining?
    a. Squeeeze
    b. Tung Lashor
    c. Ninjor
    d. Dragstor
    e. Multi-Bot
    f. Blast Attack
    g. Rotar
    h. Twistoid
    i. Saurod
    j. Gwildor
    k. Eldor

21. Who is your most desired POP character from those remaining?
    a. Queen Angella
    b. Mermista
    c. Spinerella
    d. Sweet Bee
    e. Perfuma
    f. Peekablue

22. Who is your most desired MYP 200X character from those remaining?
    a. Veena
    b. Evil Seed
    c. Hawke
    d. Prahvus
    e. King Miro
    f. Callix
    g. Shadow Wraith

23. Who is your most desired from the Galactic Protectors?
    a. Vizar
    b. Tatarus
    c. Nocturna
    d. NA Sorceress
    e. NA Teela
    f. Darius
    g. The Scientists
    h. Tuskador
    i. Sagitar
    j. Artilla
    k. Battle Punch He Man

24. Which is your most desired from the Space Mutants?
    a. Lizorr
    b. Hoove
    c. Butthead
    d. Discs of Doom Skeletor
    e. Crita
    f. Battle Blade Skeletor
    g. Staghorn
    h. Quakke

25. Which is your most desired Filmation character from this selection?
    a. Lord Masque
    b. Imp
    c. Lizard Man
    d. Delora
    e. Admiral Scurvy
    f. Chef Allan
    g. General Sunder
    h. Daimar
    i. Dragoon
    j. Dree-elle
    k. Dylamug
    l. Colonel Blast
    m. Evil Seed
    n. Enchantress
    o. General Tartaran
    p. Hunga the Harpy
    q. Illeena
    r. King Ahgo
    s. King Miro
    t. Kothos
    u. Magestra
    v. Melaktha
    w. Molkrom
    x. Red Knight
    y. Red Eye
    z. Uncle Montork
    z1. Sh'gora
    z2. Star Child
    z3. Crackers the Clown
    z4. Zilora
    z5. Vultak
    z6. Skeletor's hover robots

26. Which of these would be your top choice for a two pack army builder for Skeletor
    a. Skelcons 2 pack (Ladybird books)
    b. Hover robots 3 pack (Filmation)
    c. Troopers (1987 movie soldiers)

27. The Horde Troopers infamously sold out real quick. If another two pack were to be released which included standard trooper heads as pack ins, would you rather see:
    a. Marine troopers (Octavia's troops)
    b. Batmech Pilots
    c. Eternia attack (secret of the sword)

28. Which of these would top your list for the Classics line?
    a. Air Bag
    b. Kay-La
    c. Man-e-faces
    d. Ram-Man
    e. Fork Lift
    f. Dare
    g. None, not interested

29. Which of these would top your list for the classics line?
    a. Missile- Toe
    b. Ever-Mean
    c. Bug-Eye
    d. Slob-Boar
    e. Tung Lashor
    f. Saw Tooth
    g. Evil Lyn
    h. None, not interested

30. What is your favorite incarnation of Masters of the Universe?
    a. Alcala
    b. Mini comics
    c. Filmation
    d. Movie
    e. New Adventures
    f. MYP 200X
    g. UK comics
    h. DC Comics

31. Knowing pretty much what's ahead for next year (2015) how likely are you to subscribe for 2015?
    a. Yes i'll be subscribing
    b. Maybe, I'll see what's shown at SDCC
    c. I doubt it
    d. No way

32. How likely do you think it is you'll subscribe for 2016?
    a. Yes I want all the MOTU I can get
    b. Maybe, it'll depend on what's shown at SDCC next year
    c. No Way

33. Lastly, if a Masters of the Universe movie gets made, would you rather it was:
    a. Faithful to MOTU as it was in the 80s (same costumes and themes)
    b. A reboot to match current trends
    c. Faithful to the MYP series (costumes and themes)

Click here to visit Mattycollector.com and let Mattel know what you want to see in a potential 2016 Masters of the Universe Classics line!

I can't believe that f'ing bubble carriage is leading the vehicles vote at the moment. That would be an easy one to unload on the secondary market...

Comment

• Barbecue17
      Barbecue17 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're reading the results wrong. It's actually Stridor in first place. It's confusing but the total votes is above the name, not below.

• Croc-O-Bite!
      Croc-O-Bite! commented
      Editing a comment
      lol. Thanks Barbecue17. Obviously I wasn't as awake as I thought I was when I posted that morning.

What exactly is the difference between mini-comics and Alcala?
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Captain Atkin
      Captain Atkin commented
      Editing a comment
      Mini-comics is probably referring to the mini-comics that came after the Alcala comics, and probably includes POP, NA, and Toyguru's new mini comics. To me, it seems pretty strange that they would differentiate one artist's work from all the other comics, as all of the mini-comics have had their own styles over the years.

• Draego-Man
      Draego-Man commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it could also mean the new mini-comics that come with the MOTUC figures? Man, they can't even be clear about this. Ridiculous.

• zombihamma
      zombihamma commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess it's like saying Bob Kane Batman ,... Alcala is just first appearance

I went and voted on the poll. I didn't think they would include any 1987 movie choices, but they did include the movie Troopers, and I think that is worth voting for. I really want those troopers from the 80s movie made for army builders. If they used the Standor armour, like they did for these cool customs, I would be totally cool with that.
    Attached Files
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Star Sisters (toy versions) 3 pack ???

​Are they ****ing serious? Why would they even include that on the SDCC list? Are they trying to piss off the fan base? Do they not know how much anger that would bring if they ever released something like this???

Look, I would love to get the Star Sisters in their original colors. I really would. But they would need to be rebuilt from the ground up. Jewelstar was the worst female MOTUC figure ever made. They would have to make a new one completely from scratch, with a body and face sculpt, before I would ever buy one. As well, I DON'T want a Star Sisters 3-pack. If they ever do re-release those figures, they should just release them individually.

“The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Originally posted by RoboSteveo View Post
        Star Sisters (toy versions) 3 pack ???

​Are they ****ing serious? Why would they even include that on the SDCC list? Are they trying to piss off the fan base? Do they not know how much anger that would bring if they ever released something like this???

Look, I would love to get the Star Sisters in their original colors. I really would. But they would need to be rebuilt from the ground up. Jewelstar was the worst female MOTUC figure ever made. They would have to make a new one completely from scratch, with a body and face sculpt, before I would ever buy one. As well, I DON'T want a Star Sisters 3-pack. If they ever do re-release those figures, they should just release them individually.
        I don't think you should worry about the Star Sisters 3 pack. If people really don't want this pack, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Comment

• RoboSteveo
          RoboSteveo commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just shocked that they would list that as a choice at all. I found it rather... insulting. I think it does show though where their minds are at, in regards to repackaging stuff to sell to us.

• Draego-Man
          Draego-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          There whole point is to insult fans. TG is a troll and Mattycollector.com is a troll too. I can't vote in the poll because I'm banned from that website because I once asked a legitimate question. Treating customers this way is disgusting, they are utter and total scumbags.

• Dark Horse
          Dark Horse commented
          Editing a comment
          I got banned for threatening to punch TG.

This Poll is very thorough, but in the end, these decisions will be up to one person, and the roster will look how he sees fit. While I've been waiting for Tung Lashor (toy or Filmation) Dragstor, Evil Seed, Vultak, Dylamug, Saurod and various other Filmation favorites, and desired vintage releases, we've been getting Scoots little babies from his little toy box. I understand that characters like "Illumina" have a following (I don't get why, because the character does nothing for me), even her very vocal fanbase has been passed over for Sir Laser Lots and Spectors.

I will continue to support this line through fans, by buying/trading, and helping those I can, but not directly through Mattel. I've been burned too many times.

Scoot has never replied to a single message I have sent him (regarding legitimate customer service issues), suggestions, and even a one time apology for all the awful things fans say about him. I figured if I appealed to him, I might get some feedback. Nothing.

Honestly, this Poll is a farce.

Comment

The poll's purpose is to give the current brand manager an "out". Note that it very specifically mentions the things that he wants - the things that make his mark on the brand. When he puts Son of He-Man and Skeleteen and whatnot into production, he can point to this poll (its numbers doubtless skewed, much as when Geldor "won" the fan's choice poll 24 hours before it actually ended) and say "But this is what the majority wanted!"
          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. He purposely placed the SOH options in to gauge interest. I would think the interest to be marginal at best, but as we are coming near the end of the line, any support would justify production for him.

Honestly, I hope his SOH does get made, and either A as exclusives that I simply don't care about. The die hards/completists can have it., or B as regular items that just don't sell. Mind you, with lowered quotas, that could still be considered success in his eyes.

Its really not even worth thinking about. Just buy what you want, and ignore Scoot's brain children.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            I've voted however, I think our inputs won't have much effect on what's in TG's air head!... I have a feeling that the Son-of-He-Man crap will find its way into the production line whether we like it or not.

Note how Stridor is now considered a vehicle rather than a beast. What a bloody joke. This also gives TG a way out. We will get Stridor and Night Stalker, and then he'll pat himself on the back and say "see I got you more vehicles", which will really just be beasts at marked up prices.

Also no Attack Trak = FAIL!!!
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Until this day, I'm not sure whether the mechanical horses are considered vehicles or beasts! The same goes for Spydor and such.
            Also I'm not too happy about the vehicle poll, why there is no mentioning of the full Battle-Ram and Attak-Trak?

• zombihamma
            zombihamma commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah weres the back end of the frikkin battle ram ???

• Barbecue17
            Barbecue17 commented
            Editing a comment
            Definitely kind of weird to add the bubble carriage but not the attak-trak.

I'm kind of split whether or not to call the horses beasts or vehicles, too. I mean, they're mechanical, but isn't Stridor supposed to be a cyborg or something?

The votes will be rigged by TG anway, this whole thing is BS.
          "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• barrasco
            barrasco commented
            Editing a comment
            Every time I think about it, it just makes me happy that I dumped this line last year.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a strong feeling that you're right about that Dark Horse.

I am completely pissed that in the "Skeletor's Army Builders" poll, they've left out the BEST choice (which previously was always mentioned by Scott whenever the subject came up): The Skeleton Warriors from MVC Comics!

Comment

• zombihamma
            zombihamma commented
            Editing a comment
            Id like to think so Cap, but they had Eldor in a vote and we know were getting him, I'd love me some Skeleton warriors

• Shawn
            Shawn commented
            Editing a comment
            Didn't Emiliano design them? Perhaps that is at play? ...

• Vahn
            Vahn commented
            Editing a comment
            Shawn: They were originally designed for the scrapped TDK game 'Defender of Grayskull,' and later appeared in the MVC comics, so Emiliano didn't design them, but redrew them (which is now the only publicly available high-quality, fully-detailed artwork featuring them) for the comics.

Sadly, I really not have interest taking part of voting happening Mattycollector website.

Comment

AdultCollector... I signed up for a Mattycollector account 6 days ago, and I still haven't been approved. It is impossible for me to vote. As a forum member on that site, you might want to send the Matty Moderators a message, and tell them that many people are unable to vote because their new accounts haven't been approved by them. Having to wait over 6 days to access their forums seems a bit much.
            “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

I would love to see Battle Bones figure carrier. I have both vintage and 200X ones. Heck playset eternia would be nice too but only as towers without sky vehicles and tracks.

Comment

Who even cares about this. After Fatt Ass Skeletor and FAILmation Hordak 2015 isn't going to happen, let alone 2016.

Comment

Not just that, but based on Neitlich's comments regarding SDCC Hordak & Imp, he doesn't give a shit what we think/want anyways. As long as 'his team' is proud of what's coming next, that's all that matters......

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                    Who even cares about this. After Fatt Ass Skeletor and FAILmation Hordak 2015 isn't going to happen, let alone 2016.
                    Sometimes I wish the subs won't go through, and get the most important characters left on DOS and call it a day. And then introduce some of the important elements like the vintage vehicles and playlets and what not through pre-orders.

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                    Not just that, but based on Neitlich's comments regarding SDCC Hordak & Imp, he doesn't give a **** what we think/want anyways. As long as 'his team' is proud of what's coming next, that's all that matters......
                    Word.
                    Those arrogant POSs are becoming worse every year!

Comment

Poll? that is a TEST!
                      Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

• Mechanizor
                        Mechanizor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL, it felt more like a survey, right?

• Novelty
                        Novelty commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope we pass. I do want the last few figures

Mattel needs to create an official feedback survey of some sort.
                      “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
                        AdultCollector... I signed up for a Mattycollector account 6 days ago, and I still haven't been approved. It is impossible for me to vote. As a forum member on that site, you might want to send the Matty Moderators a message, and tell them that many people are unable to vote because their new accounts haven't been approved by them. Having to wait over 6 days to access their forums seems a bit much.
                        I left two messages on their forum saying that this was an issue, and asked how long it takes new members to get approved. Catra's Wrath ignored my post and left a message just one down from mine encouraging members to get their friends to vote. I just shake my head in disbelief. For anyone waiting to become a member on that forum to place a vote, I wouldn't hold your breath.
                        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X