NA Skeletor has been Rubenized!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA Skeletor has been Rubenized!!!

What the hell! How is SKIN removable armor?!!

Last edited by MegaGearMax; 04-29-2014, 07:21 PM.

That is absolutely inexcusable. This truly needed to be a simple non-removable piece like Whiplash, Clawful, Hsss, or Buzz Off or a unique torso. This just really looks horrible and makes no sense whatsoever. How can we have a Masterpiece like Modulok and this same amateur work in the same line? Someone needs to do something or 2015 will not happen. Period.

Comment

• barrasco
      barrasco commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I think 2015 will happen. The people already showed that they will eat anything as long as they can have their monthly fix for MOTU figures... remember how StinkEr sold out quickly despite it being a slap to the fans faces? Though you'll probably never have a shot at a true adult collector line for Masters of the Universe Classics... and that's what saddens me.

Don't get me wrong, there are some great figures produced, but like you said, how am I supposed to have a masterpiece in Modulok on my shelve and then a completely ruined Frosta figure? They look like they belong in separate lines... pathetic!
      Last edited by barrasco; 04-29-2014, 08:53 PM.

No surprise here... there you have it, Chubby Space Skeletor! Another awesome addition to the BOTUC line.

You know... this line to me is a bigger failure right now than the Thundercats Classics line. That one didn't even take off, they just run it to the ground in the very beginning. But this MOTU Classics line... we are finally getting a chance at a vast display of different characters, from all over the MOTU mythos, and we keep getting teased by amazing 4HM prototypes, while crappy looking toys are delivered to us for a premium... what a rip-off.

I'm glad I already got over this mess, but it doesn't prevent me from being sad whenever I realize what could've been...
    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Answers...

NA Skeletor's "armor" glued down?

I wondered if the in-package NA Skeletor recently posted on the Matty Facebook page is final? I thought his armor was going to be glued down ala King Hsss? Because he looks really terrible now. He looks huge, and his helmet looks really small.

So basically the 411 is when fans noted the armor was looking a bit too big (around the time of Sea Hawk last fall) we immiedately started the process to make changes. But as noted many times, it takes 12-16 months from "request for change" to seeing that actually show up in product (entriely due to the logistics of the toy industry).

So to manage expectations, the soonest fans shoudl start to see revised armor is Q4 2014 or Q1 or 2015. We did try to impliment any change possible with Na Skeletor in particular to improve the armor, such as making it non removable, but there just wasn't time. So basicallt as noted above, the soonest to possibly see any update to the way armor is done on any figure is late late fall or early spring of 2015. NA Skeletor was still developed under the "old system" that produced SeaHawk and others that have had this issue.

We are making a change, but don't expect it to physcially show up for a few more months do to toy production logistics and the long lead time of 12-16 months to initiate any change.

Comment

• Mechanizor
        Mechanizor commented
        Editing a comment
        The same old broken record, sadly!

Also, notice how his left shoulder has this kind of vein sticking out. That detail should be on the back of his right shoulder... so I guess that particular figure has them reversed. Let's see if that's a spread issue, it sure would be "pretty cool"...
      “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

I'm disappointed to say the least. I need to fix this somehow as soon as the poor fella arrives at my door.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
          Captain Atkin commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here. I keep thinking of ways to customize him.

More fun...

Calling BS on Skeletor

So you couldnt glue down NA Skeletors armor, but it was possible to do on King Hsss?

Hssss had an all new torso. I wish we could have afforded that on Skeletor. Glueing wasn't going to matter as the mold was already made. I'll get some loose shots posted tomorrow, in think the squish of the packaging isn't helping.
        And then...

Hssss did not have an all-new body (correction with pics) Re: IG Skeletor

Please see attached when someone corrected Hssss' shoulders here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...oulders/page35

Hssss' upper body is clearly an overlay over a standard buck, much like how customers expected IG Skeletor to be (presumably also like how Flogg was executed). Skeletor isn't wearing armor, but rather an overlay, and shouldn't be treated/attached/designed like armor.

Since any overlay or armor makes them bulky now, and assuming Flogg doesn't have this issue, can I suggest you use the Horde Trooper upper torso going forward for all figures needing an overlay (NOT armor), since it keeps the figure lean and it's not intended for removal anyway?

Comment

• MegaGearMax
          MegaGearMax commented
          Editing a comment
          It's hilarious how fast his King Hsss had a new torso was debunked. The fans aren't fools.

• Croc-O-Bite!
          Croc-O-Bite! commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know... I think we passed hilarious long time ago with this clown. Neitlich is just pathetic

• Draego-Man
          Draego-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          So what was Scooter's response to that? Such a f-ing liar.

Oh my... looks like Skeletor has been eating too many pastries in the future...

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

I must say, when I saw this my first reaction was "Wow. I'm glad Eldor's such a basic design; it's going to be awfully hard to mess him up."

(One track mind? Me? Whatever makes you think that? )

Comment

...I am really, really sorry for those of you who were looking forward to this figure - and I know a lot of you were.
            Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

...and I just noticed...what the what is going on with that neck? Wowzers!

Comment

This is absolutely embarrassing. How is Ruben still employed at Mattel?
                Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Most concerning of all is how messed up the head sculpt is. He looks brain damaged now, like his head was squished in a vice.
                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

So instead of just sculpting a torso, they added the armor over a standard buck to create a 'bulky' NA Skeletor? Is that what this is about?

Comment

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I think the armor was expected to be glued and tightly fit! Bulkiness normally happens when Rubin/Mattel misplaces the tabs on the removable armors, so they had no excuses to mess this figure up!

can someone fill me in on ruben, i keep hearing his name thrown around never in a pleasant way.

Comment

• barrasco
                      barrasco commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ruben is the guy "filling in" MOTUC figures, besides other blunders. He's basically on a mission to ruin each 4HM's prototypes the best he can.

• MegaGearMax
                      MegaGearMax commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's Ruben's job (now Brandon's job) to translate the 4H's prototypes into working, actual toys.

Well I did kind of want him, but this final pic....makes it a hell no.... I don't like NA, but the proto made him look cool....**** this POS, out the door he goes just like NA He-Man before him.

Comment

Guys, I just figured out what is going on here. We've been confused all along. This isn't "NA Skeletor", it is "FA Skeletor"... i.e., Fat Ass Skeletor.
                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Oh, and where are those "loose shots" we were promised. You'd think he might act quickly to put out a fire, but instead he's probably busy thinking up new lies to cover his tracks.

EDIT: Ok, here it finally is...

Would have been better to see this straight on and side by side with regular Skeletor and without the fancy effects and weird angle to distract from the fatness. More shenanigans as expected.
                        Last edited by Draego-Man; 04-30-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

It's hilarious how fast his King Hsss had a new torso was debunked. The fans aren't fools.
                          Not all the fans are fools, but a lot of them are... and that's why the line has reached to this point.

I find it amazing how so many people are coming out of the closet with this last debacle, after years of playing Mattel's damage control game... this one is obviously on Matty/Rueben/Scott but also on those "fans" who chose to excuse each and every blunder, to swallow each and every one of ***guru's lies, while trying silence those who dared to speak... pretty cool huh?

Comment

I ended up leaving a comment on the org last night about the photo posted above, because as cool as the angles and lens flares are in that picture, it isn't giving us a proper perspective of what the figure looks like. Both the skull on the staff and Faker's head look larger because of the angle that the photo was taken from. The higher angle and stance of the figure also help to make Skeletor look a bit thinner. What Toyguru should be showing us is a regular photo taken at the height of the figure, so that customers can get a proper look of how it looks out of package. Something similar to the picture below is what they should be showing us.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

See, this type of crap is why people should let MOTUC end. People keep giving them money and they just keep getting worse.
                              “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Comparison with the prototype (similar angle this time):

(On a side note - why the hell doesn't he come with a cartoon accurate head instead of damaged Faker head as a bonus anyway?!)
                                Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
                                I must say, when I saw this my first reaction was "Wow. I'm glad Eldor's such a basic design; it's going to be awfully hard to mess him up."

(One track mind? Me? Whatever makes you think that? )
                                His torso will probably have nipples, cuz... logic. :P
                                Oh! And a belly button too!
                                Last edited by D.M.; 04-30-2014, 06:18 PM.
                                “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

...gee, that photo reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it...

Comment

Also notice on this photo supplied of Fat Ass Skeletor that TG has purposefully raised the arm with the obvious reversed shoulder so you can't tell. More dirty BS tricks.

Comment

***guru referring to Fat Boy Skeletor's reversed shoulders:

"No, Both shoulders are unique sculpts and are different form each other. They are attached as design intended. So all figures are "correct". It may be different from previous configurations (like Stinkor if you will) but the final figure is as design instructed. This is NOT a vendor mistake of swapping parts like what happened on Frosta many years ago."
                                      Translation:

We already gave you the chance to return Frosta for a full refund the last time we screwed up big time, and since the excuse of "making the figure pop" will no longer work, I'll be using this BS excuse so that we don't have to go over that again...

We are yet to see if this is a widespread issue or not, so we must wait until the figure is delivered, but ***guru can't even use that as a legit excuse. The guy is just worthless and clueless, he can't even come up with good enough lies... what a phony...

Some donkeys out there like to say how he's to blame for engaging fans in "open dialogue" (?) and exposing himself to criticism with his constant replies, but the truth is his replies are not open... they are just smoke and mirrors, blatant damage control maneuvers, that offer no real answer because the guy keeps on lying and manipulating with false information and heavy omission of facts... the problem with Mattel/Matty and ***guru is that they are constantly lying to cover up for their ineptitude, instead of being indeed open and honest. And if you think the guy is being honest, then you are just as dishonest as he is...
                                      Last edited by barrasco; 04-30-2014, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X