Filmation Hordak and Imp (SDCC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filmation Hordak and Imp (SDCC)

According to org-member TOKYONEVER this is what we are getting as the 2014 SDCC Exclusive:

I couldn't care less for Imp, but Hordak is bad comedy. Hopefully TOKYONEVER's sample is incomplete and a second, Filmation accurate head, will be included. Otherwise this would be a joke.

---------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Mattel has announced Filmation Hordak and Imp as the SDCC Exclusive at Mattycollector.com
    Last edited by Barnster; 04-30-2014, 05:56 AM.

That looks like a fan-made custom. If that is what we are getting, I'm not very impressed.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

If this is the figure we are getting at SDCC this year, I hope it will also come packaged with a 2nd Filmation-style Hordak head. The cartoon head is iconic. This just looks like a well done custom.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Apparently there will be a second SDCC Exclusive. MOTU related but not MOTU Classics related. This is where the budget went.

Seriously, if this is what we can expect from Matty, then I'm done after 2015. The only brand that keeps Mattycollector alive should be treated with more respect. I know Filmation Hordak isn't part of the sub, but I would have bought him if done right. I'm generally known as an apologist who's willing to overlook minor flaws, but this far down the road, with basically all vintage-toy heavy-hitters gone, I don't think we'll make it beyond 2015.

Flogg/Brakk is okay, as well as Extendar, NA Skeletor and Hordak are huge disappointments.

The only good news today is the fact they got finally rid of Reuben.

Comment

You always read these crazy stories about rabid fans coming together and actually organizing a boycott, or taking a stand against something they dislike.

It would be interesting to see if MOTUC fans could actually stop screaming at each other enough to come together and address what they don't like about MOTUC. Give an ultimatum and if change doesn't happen, walk away with their money.

Pretty sure we're looking at a custom here.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnster View Post
            Really? Bout time!

Comment

Cheap, cheap, super-cheap
              Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Once again...

**** you mattel.

I pray that Eldor is not all screwed up.

Originally posted by Barnster View Post
                Flogg/Brakk is okay, as well as Extendar, NA Skeletor and Hordak are huge disappointments.

Flogg has trap Jaw leg and non removable helmet (that they glue down...) and Extendar has screwy belt and boot design changes...

If Reuben IS gone, fingers crossed the next guy isn't as incompetent or obviously vindictive.

Originally posted by Sky Runner View Post
                You always read these crazy stories about rabid fans coming together and actually organizing a boycott, or taking a stand against something they dislike.

It would be interesting to see if MOTUC fans could actually stop screaming at each other enough to come together and address what they don't like about MOTUC. Give an ultimatum and if change doesn't happen, walk away with their money.
                I really wish we could do that but I doubt it will ever happen...To many trolls ;-(
                Last edited by Shawn; 04-30-2014, 11:42 AM.
                Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

so i've been out of the circle for a while, i was gonna ask what i missed but i'm guessing not much.

seems like the usual mattel throws out crap and we are expected to lap it up

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                    Flogg has trap Jaw leg and non removable helmet (that they glue down...) and Extendar has screwy belt and boot design changes...(
                    I'm okay with this. i know this is personal preference, but to me, the overall look isn't compromised.

Comment

• Shawn
                      Shawn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Which one or do you mean both?

Hopefully it's a custom.
                    Otherwise: No Filmation head - not interested.
                    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Hell no, my custom is 100% better assuming this is an official piece.... I always said if they don't do it right they shouldn't bother....**** them if this is indeed their cheap ass way out. A Filmation head is needed if not....don't ****ing bother. Then again....Ruben would probably **** that up too....so, **** it, and **** Ruben.

And if this is a joke....which I do believe it is....all of the above never happened and I am riding unicorns and farting rainbows with a smile on my face.

This looks 100% like a custom....not an official piece....if it is, I feel bad for Ruben and the Horsemen, because I am not impressed one bit. Then again, the 4H never touched this one apparently.

I have my own personal 80% screen accurate custom, with a custom sculpted head that is better than this. If this is indeed a custom, it's a good one, but if it's official it's total shit.
                      Last edited by shadowfall1976; 04-30-2014, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Woah! Where did you hear they got rid of Reuben? If true, that is AWESOME!!

Hordak on the other hand is a total and utter fail. All it is is a repaint. They couldn't give us a proper Filmation head sculpt? What a joke. Are they seriously this clueless? I've seen better customs...

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I don't buy it. The arm's on the wrong side, and I'd expect them to get that much right--if they went with the "She-Ra Unchained" arm in the first place. I'd expect tooling dollars to be spent on a new head and/or the more iconic cannon arm.

Mattel can be lazy and prone to shortcuts, but they aren't blatantly stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
                            I don't buy it. The arm's on the wrong side, and I'd expect them to get that much right--if they went with the "She-Ra Unchained" arm in the first place. I'd expect tooling dollars to be spent on a new head and/or the more iconic cannon arm.

Mattel can be lazy and prone to shortcuts, but they aren't blatantly stupid.
                            This looks pretty legit. More pictures have been posted at Toyzmag.com

http://www.toyzmag.com/2014/04/un-pa...r-le-sdcc2014/
                            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Yeah, I'm sorry to say that has the look of a production piece, not a custom. I don't hate it - it's Hordak, after all - but...yeah. Bummer.
                              Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

This is "my" Hordak, though it should have come with a head resembling his Filmation version... but what would you expect from a clueless piece of shit of a brand manager anyway? Yes it may come out later in the line, but what happens if we don't get there? Then we have this figure that was important enough to come complete, missing an essential component of what makes it what it is.
                                “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...ore-on-56-513/

F**k.
                                  “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Dark Angel
                                    Dark Angel commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    That's genius. 'Cause there aren't still people infuriated about the Gleek fiasco or anything.

• Captain Atkin
                                    Captain Atkin commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Any you only get this Imp box if you go to SDCC...

• Draego-Man
                                    Draego-Man commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Guys, guys... TG said it was a totally different budget for the Imp Box, so we must believe him. The Imp Box money came from a magic rainbow fairy, so don't get mad at them for wasting resources on tripe that very few people will be able to purchase, rather than pleasing the broader base of their customers. If you're going to be mad, blame the magic rainbow fairy, not dear, precious, can't do anything wrong Scooter.

I guess I was wrong. But to be honest, I don't see that much difference between the Filmation head and the Classics repaint beyond the jawline and some other elements that feel like differences of design style. The white paint job and blue ridge capture most of the difference. Then again, I've never understood the demand for a "Filmation He-Man" or "Filmation Mer-Man" head either.

(And they're still going with that myth about this year being She-Ra's 30th Anniversary. Maybe when copyrighted, and possibly a few toys trickled out at the end of 1984, but it was 1985 that saw the big push and the launch of the Horde, and I don't remember seeing TV commercials until the new Saturday morning season in Fall 1985.)

Comment

• Shawn
                                    Shawn commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Besides Hordak head i wasn't sure I wanted "filmation variants" until popculture shock started making those statues, and I started to get more POP then MOTU figures. When a figure collection is as limited as mine, the difference is style is WAY more pronounced IMO. Previously to that the reason I wanted the Hordak head more then the others was because of art work by Earl Norem and Emiliano that really showcase the different artistic styles. It's like wanting a Frank Miller AND a Jim Lee Batman.

And here is the typical Lie-Or response... http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...m/f/5681027317

Not giving Hordak a unique head was not a budget choice. We had the budget to do that if we wanted to. We chose to delibertly use existing parts so Filmation Hordak would fit into the line look of all the other figures (and the other Hordaks). Much as we did for Filmation Randor. We didn't want one Hordak looking very different from the rest. All should blend. We could one day do an animted line with a different look, but that would not be Classics.

It was not a budget choice, it was a design choice by Marketing, design and the Horsemen together. We did discuss this at length as we knew whichever way we went would not please all fans. In the end, we absolutely stand by our choice to keep all Hordaks looking similar and all figures in "Classics" style.
                                  BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS!

What fans would be happy about a bloody repaint? They have a Filmation SUB for crying out loud, so don't lie to us about this being about uniformity. The 4H are more than talented enough to come up with a new sculpt that both fits the line and is true to the Filmation version. God what a deceitful sack of $H!+!! How does this guy sleep at night? He is a sociopathic liar!
                                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• D.M.
                                    D.M. commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    BS indeed. Especially when considering that both vintage and MOTUC Randor heads are modeled after Filmation version.

Guest commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    What fans are happy with a repaint? I dunno, probably the same fans that gobbled up Spirit of Hordak, Spector, and everything else with an MOTUC sku.
                                    Oh yeah, and the fans that would buy into that quote, would probably accept this figure as perfection from their beloved leader.

As much as I try to refrain from dunking my head into the sewage with the rest of you, I have to admit his quote is hilarious. He had the money to do it. There was no issue with money, but rather than spending it and creating a highly desired product and doing the best job possible, he decided to slap some lipstick on a pig. Toyguru may be a smug little joker, but honestly, the fans do it to themselves. This clown could polish turds and stick them in MOTUC packages, and the fan base will buy them... and yes... you can polish turds. Mythbusters proved it.

I love how he excuses not spending the money on an anticipated version of a core character, as not being a budget choice, but a well executed marketing choice. Its like the 2013 exclusive in reverse. Remember Standor? He did not from from the line's main budget of 2013, but it was a clever, well planned marketing decision. The end result was predicted to be a success... because everyone on He-Man.org has been screaming for a blue skinned Stan Lee with glasses. No actually they weren't. They were screaming for another blue skinned character... but there is no room in Scoot's toybox for what other boys want.

MOTUC HOUSE TEAM

Brand Manager: Scoot Nutslick
                                    Marketing Manager: Scoot Nutslick
                                    Chief Marketing Advisor: Scoot Nutslick
                                    Project Director:Scoot Nutslick
                                    Art Coordinator: Scoot Nutslick
                                    Finance Manager: Scoot Nutslick
                                    Research And Development Guys Im really tired. Have you seen all the positions I hold? You guys think of something, I'll approve it next week
                                    Sculpters: 4H and that guy who replaced Rueben
                                    He-Man.org/Social Media Liason: I have to go talk to these guys for a few minutes about my amazing idea, I call it Son of He-Man. They are going to be so excited when I tell them Spector is going to travel back and fourth between the past and future, and share fatherly wisdom with Dare, and other characters with my face on them. Oh wait, where does my name go? Here? _________________________ There?
                                    Last edited by Sky Runner; 05-01-2014, 08:40 AM.

• D.M.
                                    D.M. commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    The boot lickers and wankers that hate (As in hate. Not just merely not liking it) Filmation (Yet they want Imp. Go figure).
                                    Last edited by D.M.; 05-01-2014, 12:58 PM.

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                                  And here is the typical Lie-Or response... http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...m/f/5681027317

BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​BS! BS! BS! BS! ​​BS! BS! BS! BS!

What fans would be happy about a bloody repaint? They have a Filmation SUB for crying out loud, so don't lie to us about this being about uniformity. The 4H are more than talented enough to come up with a new sculpt that both fits the line and is true to the Filmation version. God what a deceitful sack of $H!+!! How does this guy sleep at night? He is a sociopathic liar!
                                  Yeah right... I seem to recall them releasing an Alcala Skeletor head under the MOTUC line, but I guess that's just my imagination... after all, the figures need to blend together...
                                  Last edited by barrasco; 04-30-2014, 08:17 PM.
                                  “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                                    MegaGearMax commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    And there is the 200X head pack that might be coming out in 2015.

Scooter says...
                                  Because Classics is not a line of animated looking figures. All the characters have one design look, so characters from Filmation, or who had a Filmation "look" (like Randor and Hordak) are all in Classics style. Both Filmation Randor and Filmation Hordak use repaints of the Classic head to maintain one ascetic across the whole line.
                                  Anyone remember these guys?...

Of course they are aesthetically exactly the same as these guys...

EFFFFFING LIAR!!

Can someone who can actually post at Matty please call Scott on this lie? He needs to be exposed yet again.

Comment

Yes, it is well established that Mattel wants to maintain a single, established look for each character's face/head, hence the reason King He-Man, NA He-Man and regular He-man all have the same...uh. Well, I mean, the way Skeletor, Alcala Skeletor and NA Skel--er. Hmm. OK, She-Ra. She-Ra's heads are all the same, albeit one has a giant hole in it. And Randor. And, now, Hordak. Pretty cool, huh?
                                    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
                                      I guess I was wrong. But to be honest, I don't see that much difference between the Filmation head and the Classics repaint beyond the jawline and some other elements that feel like differences of design style. The white paint job and blue ridge capture most of the difference. Then again, I've never understood the demand for a "Filmation He-Man" or "Filmation Mer-Man" head either.

(And they're still going with that myth about this year being She-Ra's 30th Anniversary. Maybe when copyrighted, and possibly a few toys trickled out at the end of 1984, but it was 1985 that saw the big push and the launch of the Horde, and I don't remember seeing TV commercials until the new Saturday morning season in Fall 1985.)
                                      Head, collar and armor make all the difference. If I wanted a cheap repaint I could have slapped together Webstor and grey Hordak and would have the same result.

Attached Files

Comment

• Draego-Man
                                        Draego-Man commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Yep, for this to be legitimate and something worth spending money on it would have required new feet, a new belt, new armor, and a new head sculpt. As it stands it is completely worthless and looks like a custom I could have made myself, which isn't saying much since I've never made a custom anything and suck at working with my hands.

The only way I am buying this figure is if there is a CONTRACT BOUND promise to include and ACTUAL Filmation Hordak head packed into a future figure at no additional cost.

Comment

• barrasco
                                        barrasco commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        The head was virtually promised by ***guru in one of the last RGD episodes, when referring to a possible reissue of the Horde Troopers with different accessories, maybe in 2016. The problem with that is... and if we don't get that far? Then you will have a character missing an integral part of its design...

It's like having He-man without the power sword, or Battle Cat without the helmet... it's just ridiculous! Mr. L even referred once to Blade, saying how could they release him without his blades... well, how can you release Filmation Hordak without a Filmation head?

The biggest MOTU expert in the planet!?!? The internal champion!?!? No use in trying to rationalize with a knob... better call him what he really is: a worthless and clueless dumbass.
                                        Last edited by barrasco; 04-30-2014, 09:25 PM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X