53 New MOTUC Images at Toyzmag.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 New MOTUC Images at Toyzmag.com

53 new images of upcoming MOTUC figures have been posted at ToyzMag.com. Head on over and check them out!

http://www.toyzmag.com/2014/05/motuc...g-etendar-etc/
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Cool pics.

I'm looking forward to Maddam Razz the most (personal preference).

The Filmation power sword is looking good! Too bad they didn't take any pics with it in He-Man's hands.

NA Skeletor is still looking overly bulky with his armor. And his helmet looks too big as well. It's sad given how great the prototype looked.

Comment

I won't be getting any of these but I do think Flogg turned out pretty spectacular. I like Entrapa too, though I would prefer a more Filmation like color scheme.

Extendar is not as bad as it seems, though some of his parts turned out pretty bad, especially the crotch... I don't have enough of an interest to accurately rate either Razz or Fluterina, though they seem ok.

Now... Fat Boy Skeletor is simply hideous. People may try to spin it as they like, but the armor piece (skin?) is a tremendous fail... the shoulders are yet again reversed so I'm curious to see how ***guru will try to spin it this time around to avoid people from asking for their well deserved refunds, since it looks pretty obvious that it's going to be a widespread issue. I guess those promises about solving QC issues are just that, promises...

As for Double "Chin" Trouble, just cut her head below the collar and problem solved...
      Last edited by barrasco; 05-07-2014, 09:16 PM.
      “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

To me, that "Filmation" sword suffers from same problem as the standard sword - looks more like a butcher knife than a sword.
        This on the other hand:
        http://www.shapeways.com/model/35279...ductBox-search
        Perfection!
        “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• barrasco
          barrasco commented
          Editing a comment
          Those weapons are amazing... the MOTU brand has such an amazingly talented fan base that it's unfair having someone as clueless as ***guru managing the brand.

Never been a fan of any of the New Adventures He-Man stuff, although these new figures are a vast improvement over the originals. Extendar on the other hand, I'd be glad to get.

Comment

• D.M.
          D.M. commented
          Editing a comment
          Too bad Extendars face guard thingie isn't detachable. Would've been neat if it came with a smaller one too so you could achieve the look from Marvel/Star Comics.

WOW, that is some really creative, careful lighting on Double Tr...er..Mischief! And she still looks like...well, nevermind.
        Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Also, I don't read French, but does that site not say Madame Razz is a subscriber exclusive? I don't think I heard that before...
          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Good up close pics. Flutterina is rather tan, but I like that they've attempted to make some of the POP gals a bit different from each other.

Comment

Usually the bulky armor doesn't bother me too much, more of a minor annoyance to me really.
              .......but man, could they have made Extendar any fatter?? Just when I'd thought Ruben couldn't be any more incompetent, he takes it up yet another notch.

Comment

• barrasco
                barrasco commented
                Editing a comment
                At this point the fat armor is a given, just wait for Rio Blast...

I wish I can get my hands on Entrapa without paying too much for her since I'm not getting the POP/Etheria sub... Someone reminds me though, is the Cyborg-head Faker coming with NA Skeletor?

Comment

As much as I love POP (I like it more than the original MOTU series, its a beautiful cartoon), I have 0 desire for the POP sub. These pictures only remind me of that. With the exception of Madame Razz who was a series regular, the rest of the choices really directed at a small market of diehard POP fanboys/girls that want these ladies. I'm also a fan of underdog characters, but the POP sub line up does absolutely nothing for me. Double Trouble? Entrapta? Flutterina? Meh.

Now if the POP sub was comprised of oh say, Scorpia, Glimmer, Sea Hawk (yes I know they were placed elsewhere), Queen Angella, Madame Razz, Mermista and that thing they are calling Light Hope, I would have bought. There are probably some other interesting POP characters I would have taken.

There is are reasons the POP sub didn't reach its minimum goal. There have been too many undesired releases up until now, and I feel the line doesn't represent what the 'moderate' fan base wants. As vocal as they are on He-Man.org, like NA fans, they are a huge minority. Clearly the diehard ravenous POP collectors are clearly not plentiful enough to get the numbers required. Whatever few remain on board are tapped out from collecting this line.

Just my opinion.
                Last edited by Sky Runner; 05-08-2014, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Is it just me, or are Extendar's shoulders missing the balljoint ?

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                    .......but man, could they have made Extendar any fatter??
                    The vintage toy had a bigger Extendar body than the normal figures, so I guess the horsemen are only replicating it here. However, the big torso means that the crotch is way way undersized by proportion. Not good at all IMO.
                    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

I Never Liked the NA Series but this Skeletor figure is awesome !!

Comment

Apart from NA Skeletor's armour looking obviously naff, I'm not really sold on his separate head and helmet. The helmet looks ill fitting in just about every shot and I'm not sure if the skull head looks as good as the prototype did. The cloak is also a bit too 'floaty' which was also a problem with the prototype. I wish it hugged the body a bit closer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X