Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eldor test shot leaked pics on ebay

Floating on Facebook, there are some pics of a possible Eldor test shot

Looking good so far. I can't wait to finally get an Eldor!

Comment

The armor/garment he is wearing does look very much Rubenized! The sculpt on the other hand looks very impressive! He reminds of Socrates or Zeus!

Comment

Are those boots final? Wonder if it could mean they'll make Filmation He-Man... (though the boots aren't quite exactly the same)
        Last edited by D.M.; 05-13-2014, 12:54 PM.
        “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I like it. I wish the back of the shirt covered a bit more in the back, but overall it looks good. I like the look of the hood down with the helmet showing.
          "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

The hood down looks wrong to me. The vintage had the hood up and so should this figure. I also don't like the mini-skirt.
            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Captain Atkin
              Captain Atkin commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, the way the back of the tunic is cut, it does look a bit like a skirt. Hopefully the back will be painted the same colors as the tunic so the rounded cut isn't noticable.

• Draego-Man
              Draego-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I know that it is supposed to be part of his vest, but the way they did it makes it look like a miniskirt. In other words, it looks like another jacked up figure that has been done totally wrong.

• zombihamma
              zombihamma commented
              Editing a comment
              Hmm I've got to agree, it should have been done like prince Adam,...but the reason they didn't is probably so that the front can be replaced with a 'hood up' version

Looking good ... almost worth the five years' wait. And the Rubenization doesn't bother me that much, since the cloak could hang a little loose.

I'm not sure about the non-hooded head. I wonder if the hood on the back of the armor is going to be designed so it could flip up and over. I do notice that it looks remarkably textured compared to most 'cloth' items in the line. Still, the skullcap look is vintage as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
              The hood down looks wrong to me. The vintage had the hood up and so should this figure. I also don't like the mini-skirt.
              The figure was shown with the hood up, but the original card back artwork seems to show the point of a skullcap helmet sticking down. I think the character may have had a skullcap in the original design. The figure itself may have had one under the plastic hood.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eldor--back_full.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	15791
              "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• zombihamma
                zombihamma commented
                Editing a comment
                It did there's pics footing around the net of vintage Eldors wax sculpt, and it does have the skullcap

The hood is essential to me.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                Captain Atkin commented
                Editing a comment
                I wonder if there is a chance of him coming with two heads? One with a hood, and one without? The test shos doesn't show any other items, so it may come with a second hooded head as well.

WOW!

That looks horrible.

They need to throw that away and start over.

Thead looks like a cross between Ming the Merciless and Daniel Bryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post

The figure was shown with the hood up, but the original card back artwork seems to show the point of a skullcap helmet sticking down. I think the character may have had a skullcap in the original design. The figure itself may have had one under the plastic hood.

[ATTACH]n15791[/ATTACH]
                It did. Someone had the vintage prototype head at PowerCon last year; pics have been floating around.

EDIT: And here's the picture; thanks to Shawn (aka Lord Fallen Eldor):

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
                Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; 05-13-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

No hood = No Eldor. It really is that simple.

I don't want a second head for this figure. That would make him have a hood up, with the hood down on the armor. What he needs is 1 head, but 2 armors, one with the hood up, and one with it down.
                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Draego-Man
                    Draego-Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The more I look at that thing, the worse it looks. Terrible. What the hell is going on with the bottom part of the armor on the back? Ridiculous.

Nice find Emiliano. The figure looks interesting, but I'm holding my judgement until I see one that's finished. Though I will say this. I'm not overly fond of the how the boots look at the moment.

Though I can't help but wonder if there will be a hood that attaches as a separate piece. Something in the same consistency of plastic as capes have been made for characters like Scareglow or He-ro.
                  Last edited by Redguard; 05-13-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Only thing that makes sense would be a second garment with hood up.
                    NA He-Man also got 2 armors after all ;-)

Comment

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      But that also means a second head, I'll take it...

Why would there be a need for a second head then?

Comment

• JimPansen
                      JimPansen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      He would only need a second tunic to recreate the prototype. Second head would surely concidered too expensive.

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Probably a second hooded tunic would hinder the head articulation I assume!

• JimPansen
                      JimPansen commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Of course.

Some larger pictures of Eldor:

Name:	Eldor 1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	15859

Name:	Eldor 2.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	15862
                    Attached Files
                    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Who is Eldor and why do people like him? He just looks like a generic old man in a brown tunic. Could someone elaborate?

Comment

old wizard dude who lived in pre-eternia/preternia. he's the one who came up with the transformation spell.

Originally Grey was going to turn into he-ro and it was Eldor who came up with that spell.

His working name, I guess, was Mentor.

He made it to prototype but that's when the original line died. he would have come with a spell book.

Comment

Comment

I think Eldor looks great. I am digging the Williamson Merlin look. I can't wait toget this guy in October.

Comment

I never cared much about the character, but I do like sculpt of this figure.

Comment

"hands pivot at the wrists to hold the book of living spells" it would be cool if this one had a open left hand for holding the book, that way we could trade out with He-man for a more vintage inspired left hand

Comment

Someone mentioned that he looks a lot like a RPG Character and thats exactly what i thought when i first saw him. Thats an awesome thing by the way

Comment

Looking good. I hope they figure out a way to add a raised hood in there. Eldor is easily one of my most-wanted.
                                    “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

They have released images of the final figure now, and he has a hood.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X