Pixel-Dan's Extendar Review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel-Dan's Extendar Review...

Pretty cool figure IMO although I'm not too keen on the gummy parts or the hindered shoulder articulations, especially that gummy weapon of his! But then again it's freakin Mattel!

Saw he uploaded that! I was like yeah...no. Not gonna waste my time.
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

The one thing that is a kabosh is that large arse gold ring around the belly....

Comment

For the most part I like the figure. I really like his head. On the down side, that gold ring around the belt looks terrible. I think it would have looked much better if they had just raised the entire belt on the crotch piece, rather than add a gold ring at the top. As is, it looks like the belt is hanging too low on him.
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Did Dan even comment about the gold belt? It is one of those things I don't think I am going to be able to judge till he is in hand.
          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
            Captain Atkin commented
            Editing a comment
            No, he did not. I guess he didn't think it was an issue. I find it an odd design choice. The prototype did not have the gold ring.

• Nemisythe
            Nemisythe commented
            Editing a comment
            According to Matty it was to stabilize the weight distribution, but no one figured to maybe just stretch the abs out and keep it white...

• Shawn
            Shawn commented
            Editing a comment
            I get the need for the gold lap band...But why didn't they just make the belt larger? Longer abs would be anatomically strange. If I was the 4HM I would be pissed...

To me the golden ring looks terrible, the bulky armor is not that apparent on this figure.

For a modern action figure collector's line I see this particular one to be somewhat lackluster.
          Last edited by barrasco; 05-21-2014, 06:38 PM.
          “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

They must have loved Extendar a lot, caused they listened to Beyoncé and put a ring on it...
            “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
              GREP-A-TOR commented
              Editing a comment
              Good one! I lol'ed

• Shawn
              Shawn commented
              Editing a comment
              You read my mind!

Another figure ruined by a stupid decision. That ring looks ridiculous.
            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

...also his arms. Pity!

Comment

• Shawn
                Shawn commented
                Editing a comment
                That is what makes the least amount of sense. Have we even gotten a BS excuse in this regard?

Originally posted by Novelty View Post
              They must have loved Extendar a lot, caused they listened to Beyoncé and put a ring on it...
              Haha, well, he's Extendar after all .

Comment

Despite the flaws, I'm blinded by nostalgia on this one since he was one of the figures I played with the most. It doesn't excuse the flaws, and You'd think it would exacerbate them in my mind, but I'm surprised at my self for being as accepting of them as I am...Perhaps Matty is just beating down my rebellious concern? I am just happy to have him. *dodges tomatoes...

I loved the comparison shot of him next to Sir Laser Lot. I really wish that Sir Laser Lot and him shared some parts. I'm the one guy wh actually likes SLL
                Last edited by Shawn; 05-23-2014, 05:36 AM.
                Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

• Draego-Man
                  Draego-Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I like SLL too.

• Draego-Man
                  Draego-Man commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, and Cy-Chop is one of my favs. Seriously, I don't get why people hate on that figure.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X