Your predictions for NYTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your predictions for NYTF

So what do you predict Toyguru will announce at NYTF (16-19 Feb 2014)?
    What do you actually wish/hope for?

I think he'll announce that we'll be getting an army builder and Loo-Kee and Broom
    I hope for a PoP mini sub that starts July 2014.
    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

When is NYTF? ... I assume we will get another reveal and a hint.

Comment

I think Madame Razz is going to be announced at NYTF. Broom is a pretty big hint towards that.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I predict a crapload of PoP garbage.
        "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• Captain Atkin
          Captain Atkin commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey now... some of us like that POP stuff

• Novelty
          Novelty commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think they will be stupid enough to put in a "crapload" of PoP stuff. One or two maybe, but they will probably balance it out with other factions.

• Dark Horse
          Dark Horse commented
          Editing a comment
          I like most of the PoP stuff so far, don't get me wrong. But the stuff that is left from the vintage line? Not good. TG will spin it as having no choice other than using these to fill up SKU's "to finish the vintage lines".

Probably at this point, Mattel would push the vintage and 200X figures towards 2015 to generate more sub sales, and release more of the POP or NA figures!... Although I'd prefer to be wrong!

Comment

I'm praying for a crap load of that "garbage"!

I think Razz and the filmation mini figures will be the SDCC box set.

I'm thinking Rotar and Twistoid set will be the holiday item.

fingers crossed that that pure vintage wasn't a lie to sell subs.
          Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

• Novelty
            Novelty commented
            Editing a comment
            They would also need to annouce a "heavy hitter" to keep the interest. I hope they find a nice balance.

We actually have more Filmation (not necessarily from the Filmation sub) figures than POP... but then the POP figures are pretty much Filmation figures anyway. At any rate, I'd be happy with some more POP garbage. Getting real tired of Horde stuff though.

Comment

• Novelty
            Novelty commented
            Editing a comment
            This comment made me smile. My shelves do need more females to balance out the sausage-fest!

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Come on, you gotta love that sausage fest!

• Novelty
            Novelty commented
            Editing a comment
            Some boobs are nice once in a while...

Madame Razz and Broom as part of a add-on POP/Filmation sub. Will probably reveal another figure or two as well. They normally wait until April to reveal the SDCC exclusive.

Comment

Ninjor (September) and Dragstor (October). Then a Great Rebellion mini-sub with Madame Razz & Broom (July), Sweet Bee. (August), and Light Hope (September).

Comment

• Novelty
              Novelty commented
              Editing a comment
              I think they might keep Dragstor for 2015. I hope not, but I think they will.

I think we'll see the reveal of this year's add-on sub & I think it will be another Filmation mini-sub, not a strictly POP one..... but I do see POP characters being in this year's Filmation sub, (at least a 50/50 split).
            Reason being, Scott isn't exactly the biggest POP fan (if he was there'd be more POP characters by now IMO), and there's still plenty of Filmation characters (both MOTU & POP) to get to.
            And since all the POP characters are based on their Filmation looks anyways, it's basically two birds with one stone.
            Plus they've got to make use of that Filmation license before MOTUC kicks the bucket.

Comment

I'm guessing Maddam Razz & Broom,Ninjor and Sssqueeze/Tung Lashor. Possibly see another mini sub. But aren't we already getting a Mini Masters sub? Maybe the mini masters isn't taking anything away from the Classics line so we'll see another Filmation sub.

Comment

I am expecting to see one of the Snake Men at NYTF which to me is...meh... I would rather see another Galactic Guardian but at this point, with the way TG hates NA, I think the last two we will be seeing from that line will be Crita and Mara. We might see Sagitar too but that will be it for the NA vintage line. Though I would like to see a Club Primus in 2015. But we're talking about NYTF so aside from the Snake Man, I expect to see another heroic warrior from the vintage line, Entrapta from PoP and possibly more mini masters Hopefully among them will be He-Man and Skeletor to scale with the rest of them.
                By the Power of Eternia! I want a Club Primus!

Comment

With the push to try and close out much of the gaps as much as possible, I imagine we will see quite a rotating combo of POP, Vintage and NA, with maybe one mini character figure thrown in.

Who I'm guessing we will see:

Razz with broom (Since it was already teased)
                  A Snakeman (Either Squeeez or Tung Lashor)
                  Either a multipack or beast (Either Skeletor's Hover robots, or Stridor or Nightstalker)
                  Vintage figure (Maybe Ninjor or Rio Blast, although I'm hoping for Blast Attack)
                  New mini sub-First three figures (I would guess POP, given all the characters left, but they could surprise us with another Filmation sub. If it's POP, I would say Peekablue, Spinnerella and Double trouble, or maybe that's what Razz is part of.)
                  We MAY hear more about the head pack as well, as well as an update on Huntara's release.
                  Doubt we will see anything on the SDCC exclusive yet, as that's usually done around April.

Comment

Congrats to everyone who guessed Razz! I wonder what else we'll see.
                    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

I would very much like to see Rio Blast and Ninjor revealed.

Comment

• Novelty
                        Novelty commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Safe choices.

• Legioncub
                        Legioncub commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope I'm wrong, but my gut feeling is they will hold those two for 2015

Sorry, I'm not interested in sterile speculations. I prefer to wait for the reveals. I'll probably be less disappointed, anyway...

Comment

I'd like to see Dragstor revealed, but I think they'll hold him ransom for next year. Still, I'd like to be surprised!
                        On the PoP front, Angella is my biggest wish - a winged Angel - that would be great for my MotUC-themed Christmas tree at the end of the year.
                        NA is always difficult. I'd say Butthead for the mutants since I have the vintage figure and Sagitarr for the protectors since I've always wanted him.
                        And for Filmation? Sundar is top of my list.
                        MYP era? Queen Andreenos, Stingrad and Bumblor 3-pack, or the female Avion.
                        Minicomic? Warrior in Yellow?

Comment

Let's imagine the worst : NYTF reveals : Madam Razz & Broom (OK reveal), and then... Crackers the Clown (a "requested" figure by LIEguru, Crackers become Dare's trainer in the Son of He-Man faction) and Skeleteen (just 'cause you can't have one clown without the post-apocalyptic clown !)...

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                            Anti-Guru commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I want Crackers the Clown too.

• Widukind
                            Widukind commented
                            Editing a comment
                            To each his own, I guess...

• Anti-Guru
                            Anti-Guru commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Widukind, Don't you think it would be cool to have a Crackers figure with a Scott Neitlich head on it?

I'm not too sure if the Andreenids 3-pack would cause the end of the line. They are remembered quite fondly by the MYP fans

Comment

TG the clown is smothering you with this update...

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                              Anti-Guru commented
                              Editing a comment
                              What the hell is a "Bat Belt" LOL! ... I wonder if that was the Christopher Reeves Superman figure in the background. I really want him, and the Keaton Batman.

So confirmation on an add on sub, we know that's on the horizon. More than likely POP. Hope we see Blast Attack.

Comment

I sure hope it's the kind of sub fans are clamoring for, and not some lamebrain vanity sub for the new Masters of the Neiltich line.

Comment

You know, something I heard Scott say during the most recent RGD makes me wonder now if the add on sub is something different. When questioned about the plans for the "Create a Character" runners up, he indicated we would find out very, very soon.

This does have me a little nervous, to be honest. The last thing this line needs is a poorly received add on. I personally wasn't big on the runners up myself, and while I saw some interest in them, I feel like it's not enough to support an add on for this. Especially considering that there seems to be more interest in some of the mini comic characters that were debuted in recent releases (Fangor, Great Black Wizard, etc.) than their was in the runner ups for that contest.

Comment

Originally posted by Robzilla View Post
                                  You know, something I heard Scott say during the most recent RGD makes me wonder now if the add on sub is something different. When questioned about the plans for the "Create a Character" runners up, he indicated we would find out very, very soon.

This does have me a little nervous, to be honest. The last thing this line needs is a poorly received add on. I personally wasn't big on the runners up myself, and while I saw some interest in them, I feel like it's not enough to support an add on for this. Especially considering that there seems to be more interest in some of the mini comic characters that were debuted in recent releases (Fangor, Great Black Wizard, etc.) than their was in the runner ups for that contest.
                                  I've also heard that comment and frankly I don't mind those fans' runner ups like that Major-Header for instant, I think it still beats seeing anything from TG's lala land like that Son of He-Man crap.

Comment

IDK, I still think that the runner ups are just runner ups, not winners. if the runner ups get figures made then that no longer leaves THE WINNER, the actual winner of the contest. Only the winner of the contest should have bragging rights of getting his/her figure made. It's bad enough the brand manager just decides to make himself a winner by adding his abomination to the line. It would just prove that he's so desperate for new ideas that he'll use anything remotely related to MOTU (or Green Lantern) and make it a figure. I'm hoping the runner ups just make an appearance in the lame comics and that's it.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X