The Making of Baby Skeletor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Making of Baby Skeletor

Scott Neitlich, Seth Green, and the Robot Chicken gang discuss the birth of Baby Skeletor.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Shared my opinion in Despondos, might as well put it here:

Scott Neitlich: "So you guys want us to spend our limited resources making a video about Baby Skeletor or do you want us to use them for a new Filmation Hordak head? Hope this helps!"
    Last edited by barrasco; 06-06-2014, 06:43 PM.
    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

What a joke. Piece of garbage.

When Skeletor was a baby he was Keldor. This makes for a "funny" joke for all of 2 seconds and then it becomes a waste of plastic, resources, and time.
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Depends which continuity you look at. In pre-Search for Keldor mini comics/monthly comics and the cartoon, Skeletor was always Skeletor.
        “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Draego-Man
          Draego-Man commented
          Editing a comment
          True. When I was a kid, Skeletor was always Skeletor. I'm being facetious anyway though because I don't like this "figure".

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
        What a joke. Piece of garbage.

When Skeletor was a baby he was Keldor. This makes for a "funny" joke for all of 2 seconds and then it becomes a waste of plastic, resources, and time.
        It all makes sense in Scott's "badly written fan-fiction disguised as the official story" canon.
        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

I don't think that video with Milhouse and Bart Simpson... err... Scott and Seth... is really going to attract many new fans to buy this. At the end of the day, a crap toy is still a crap toy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10354824_10204059383389761_1616748003508451247_n.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	17870
          “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• Draego-Man
            Draego-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            No kidding. Who in their right mind would be like "it sucked before, but after seeing an ever awkward Scooter with a frowny face sitting next to Seth Green, I'm buying!". Good god this guy is so out of touch with reality.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, you got that right guys...

A message from Scott:

Originally posted by Toyguru
          To clarify the rumors:

1: This figures was thought up exactly as Matt and Seth discussed on the video. The three of us were sitting around talking toys and wanted to find something cool to work on to promote both RC and Matty and have some fun.

2: This video was recorded over a month ago well before the figures was revealed.

3: This figure does not take any developement away from MOTUC. If it is not for you, no worries! It has recieved a ridiculious amount of PR and helped get the word out about Mattycollector.com in general to a lot of toy collectors that otherwise don't know about us. We have a very limited promo budget but doing one off fun items like this reallty helps spread the word. We expect great things from Baby Skeletor and couldn't be more excited!
          “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

• Draego-Man
            Draego-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            What "toy collectors" don't know the infamy of Mattycollector at this point? Keep grasping at straws to justify this abomination there buddy, keep grasping.

• Shawn
            Shawn commented
            Editing a comment
            I think he means to say that this appeals to NON action figure collectors. The people who don't buy toys but MIGHT?

The only effect this video has on me is that I like Seth Green less than before...
          Spirit, Charger and Arrow for MOTUC!

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. I guess it just goes to show that sometimes people involved in toys have crap ideas, and no one challenges them. So they share their crap with us.

"Oh Seth, you're so funny!"
            "Seth, what a great idea"
            "The fans will love this Seth. I love it!"
            "Oh Seth! I can't wait to hold my big plastic baby, and invite my friends over to show them! Will you come over too Seth?"
            "Seth can you sign my big man baby? Please Seth"
            "Goo goo-gaa- gaa Seth Goo Goo! Make baby He-Man so Baby Skeletor has a play mate! Will you be my playmate Seth?"
            "Goo goo!"

Meanwhile the fans that have woken up to just how lousy the people are in control of this line, died a little inside. If I was in control of this line (yes I know people make statements like this all the time), you wouldn't even recognize it for the crap slathered mess it is today, and you would love it.
            Last edited by Sky Runner; 06-07-2014, 06:15 PM.

As I said in Despondos, I hope this item fails... Also what's the point of promoting Matty when most the key figures in this line are no longer available or produced!

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Who cares what he'll say, sooner or later the truth will come out anyways.

• Johnny Calzone
            Johnny Calzone commented
            Editing a comment
            With what's currently offered by Mattel and the prices on the secondary market, I don't see many fans start collecting the line right now. It would be too expensive and frustrating.

• Shawn
            Shawn commented
            Editing a comment
            Agreed. Unless they offer some variants or re-issues I just don't see the point.

Originally posted by RoboSteveo View Post
          A message from Scott:
          What a load of hog feces.

A screen cap from a post on He-Man.org. Not everyone on He-Man.org bought the lie.
          Last edited by Sky Runner; 06-07-2014, 06:07 PM.

Comment

• Draego-Man
            Draego-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            So how long until that comment is deleted? Probably already gone.

• Shawn
            Shawn commented
            Editing a comment
            who's comment was is and in what thread? why not just link directly to it at the same time?

Videos like this make me sad. Seth Green - man, that is awkward. I just really don't care about the personalities, I just care about the plastic.

I am less upset about "I Shit in My Diaper Skeletor" than the entire thread about figure defects.
          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Draego-Man
            Draego-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            lol. Which is what we should be most upset about.

Post is still there. Maybe it doesn't break any of the forum rules. Or maybe there is enough truth to it, that its not getting moderated.

Comment

• deano_ue
            deano_ue commented
            Editing a comment
            Surprised you haven't been bombard by people moaning about your posts. I love the classic if you don't like it then why do you come here

Originally posted by Sky Runner View Post
          Post is still there. Maybe it doesn't break any of the forum rules. Or maybe there is enough truth to it, that its not getting moderated.
          The people who claim to love MOTUC the most, moan and gripe the loudest and most frequent, over the most trivial of things. I think any posts that protests bad decisions is warranted. Scott is definitely the guru of bad decisions.

Comment

I dunno. I use to like seth green...then I watched Dads. I don't know if I can like him "less"...Just kidding, I like him fine...IT is just Scott that I do not like no joke! I think we can be HARD on him for just that reason. I Like Seth Green, SO I'm not going to be as hard on that guy. This is just how "Hollywood people" are. You say one thing and mean another. It's all very Clark Kent/Superman and there are all levels of "friendship" and "butt kissing" to get what YOU WANT. Perhaps it is JUST as simple as they are friends and Scott thought this would be funny and doesn't have as much corporate accountability because he has a lot of power. Can't you see how that type of "friendship" might be mutually benificial to BOTH of them?

I'm mostly upset how a baby Skeletor hurts MOTU's puplic image. MOTU is for people who collect babies? No judgements, I just don't want that to be the case. What next MOTU dildos? That would totally make more sense, but I don't think that would be apprepret either. Are MOTU fans babies? That MOTU can be funny is one of the thingsI like most about it. But this and the "corporate think" of it all are very frustrating because of the straight up lack of honesty about ANYTHING!

This can't even be a "cash grab" since almost nobody even wants this thing! They obviously already know that going into this so WHHHHHHHHY! (see the coded message...) Somebody should photoshop a picture of Mattycollector head on this thing. Now that would be worth the shits and giggles!

What does all of it mean? That is what I want to know! But it seams like eveyone is so caught up in the "I like it vs I don't like it fight" and the "toygurur is stupid" fight that fuels "conversation" I just don't get any of that :-( Oh well I'm going to this post with a joke so it isn't "just a bucnh of negativity"...

In Robot Chicken canon King Randor is Skeletor's dad. There is no Keldor, but if this Skeletot is supposed by be an Alcala baby skeletor then I guess that makes him an Infantian ;-)
            Last edited by Shawn; 06-09-2014, 05:12 AM.
            Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

• D.M.
              D.M. commented
              Editing a comment
              "What next MOTU dildos?"

Normally I'd say that's an overreaction but when considering some of the MOTU themed Robot Chicken sketches...

• GREP-A-TOR
              GREP-A-TOR commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey, I am sure that will be the new "IMP Form". Imp Dildo, an exclusive only for subscribers. Which of course, will be sold on the Matty Site in the future.

I love Robot Chicken as much as the next guy - BUT WHAT THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE DOING INFLUENCING THIS LINE & PRODUCTS BASED ON ROBOT CHICKEN? Molar was bad enough - not super horrid but that should have been the ONLY venture!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
              As I said in Despondos, I hope this item fails... Also what's the point of promoting Matty when most the key figures in this line are no longer available or produced!

Although I would love to see Scott eat this one, I hope all the ORG fools buy it! Reason being - every loss from every stupid mistake Scott makes gives him an excuse to claim prices are SKYROCKETING in order to keep his profit margins intact. Prices may have risen since 2012 but NO WHERE near the level he claims and the amounts we have seen in MOTUC. He siphons off this line - extra revenue to put him in the black as he is not just the brand manager for MOTUC - he has an entire portfolio to support. Look at Ghost Busters - mildly successful but they ended up with a slew of product taking up space and wasted plastic they couldn’t sell. They made too many Grayskulls as well. I am willing to bet neither Standor or Plundar actually sold out - he just marked them sold out to save face and they will show up again just like Icer, Octavia, ETC ETC ETC....
              Last edited by Jdubya88788; 06-10-2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jdubya88788 View Post

Although I would love to see Scott eat this one, I hope all the ORG fools buy it! Reason being - every loss from every stupid mistake Scott makes gives him an excuse to claim prices are SKYROCKETING in order to keep his profit margins intact. Prices may have risen since 2012 but NO WHERE near the level he claims and the amounts we have seen in MOTUC. He siphons off this line - extra revenue to put him in the black as he is not just the brand manager for MOTUC - he has an entire portfolio to support. Look at Ghost Busters - mildly successful but they ended up with a slew of product taking up space and wasted plastic they couldn’t sell. They made too many Grayskulls as well. I am willing to bet neither Standor or Plundar actually sold out - he just marked them sold out to save face and they will show up again just like Icer, Octavia, ETC ETC ETC....
                Well, many of us here already know what TG normally claims in terms of the budget and increased cost is either false or isn't the complete picture, and we know whatever doesn't sell well enough, he blames it on the consumer, however inside Mattel's headquarters they know that their decisions were faulty and what was really going on, otherwise they should not be in business!

IMO bad outcomes should always fire and reflect back on TG's stupid decisions no matter what. And last time I checked while I was at the org, 90+% of the votes were against buying that hideous baby Skeletor.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X