Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should MotUC Dragstor come with a working wheel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should MotUC Dragstor come with a working wheel?

I know this line is no action features. However, if they could re-engineer the torso to include a working wheel on Dragstor without interfering with the ab crunch, would you want them to do so?

“Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Yes he should come with a working wheel, otherwise he won't be Dragstor.

Comment

It would be cool if they could give him the action feature, but I'm fine either way.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Honestly, if he doesn´t come with working wheel, he is not worth the money. Hope they integrate the abcrunch around the wheel, its definately possible, but i guess a good oprtunity for Mattel to screw things up again.

Comment

Should they? Not necessarily.
          Will they? Hard to say.
          Could it be achieved? Yes.
          Would they do it right? No.

We are at a point where almost all remaining vintage figures will require much new tooling. With that said, and with the price increase that is supposed to happen... I'd say it would be nice if he had a working wheel. But on the other hand, I don't think they could do it without making the figure look ridiculous. Example: Mosquitor... He looks bad IMO because they didn't give him a newly tooled upper body nor did they make his shoulders big... the vintage figure looks better in this situation.

My prediction is they will try and implement some kind of working wheel, but the end result will be little to be desired. Ab crunch will probably be non existent in favor of torso twist, which is more important IMO.

Comment

Would I want a MOTUC Dragstor with a working wheel? Not if Ruben is the 'designer' at the time...

Comment

I would like to see a working wheel. Not a dealbreaker, but I hope to see it.

Comment

Yeah, it'd be nice. I'm trying to think of all the vintage figures left that really need a unique torso. Blast Attack could benefit, as could Rio-Blast. Honestly, I think I'd be content with a 'fake wheel" built into the armor, disappointing as it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                  Would I want a MOTUC Dragstor with a working wheel? Not if Ruben is the 'designer' at the time...
                  I think it's going to be the 4HM's design, but they might have Ruben missing with it just to laugh us off! It's the new trend with MOTUC.

Comment

• Novelty
                    Novelty commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol, lie guru. Good thing there's no such thing as an infraction here. I think the 4HM will be told no action features, so...

• JimPansen
                    JimPansen commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They´re not gonna tell the horsemen anything, they just gonna make him pop afterwards ;-)

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Pop his tire more like it!

I would like to see a working wheel as well. I'd also like to have a Dragstor with original armor w/o the wheel. Meaning I'm hoping the wheel will interchange out with armor as a clip on. Guess we'll see.

Comment

I don't care either way, I made my custom without a working wheel, ab crunch or waist articulation, and to be honest, it doesn't bother me at all, it looks like Dragstor and it's not like I'm going to be zipping him around the floor. So if Mattel doesn't do it, it wouldn't bother me one bit.

To me he doesn't need an armor, he'd look way too bulky, he should have a unique sculpt instead, using an armor would make him look horrible in my opinion.

http://www.hemanworld.com/forum/foru...ragstor-custom
                    Last edited by shadowfall1976; 01-06-2014, 02:07 PM.

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                      Anti-Guru commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pretty nice!

He absolutely should have a working whell. I foresee a cheap armour piece with a fake wheel instead though.
                    "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• shadowfall1976
                      shadowfall1976 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That armor outcome is what I am afraid of.

Originally posted by Dark Horse View Post
                    He absolutely should have a working whell. I foresee a cheap armour piece with a fake wheel instead though.
                    I agree & then there will be cracked wheels showing up due to some kind of defect in manufacturing. Make a real wheel...rubber please. That sounded weird. Ha....

Comment

I suspect that he won't have a working wheel, and I feel that this is a bit of a missed opportunity, as Mattel could easily connect MOTU with Hot Wheels if they gave him a wheel. Crazy idea? Yeah, I know, but hear me out. Often, people ask why they never make any of the POP characters into Barbie dolls. Dragstor is a character with a freaking wheel in his chest! He seems to be the perfect MOTU character to be packaged for Hot Wheels! Would make a great exclusive for that brand, while still being packaged as a separate MOTU figure for the classics line (just give him a re-deco for Hot Wheels.)
                      “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                        Anti-Guru commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ...and he has a huge engine on his back. He definitely would make an interesting tie-in with Hot Wheels. It would be cool if the MOTUC version of the figure had some added hot rod cues, like air scoops, filters, etc. Make him very muscle car-ish.

I feel like the working wheel is more important than the ab crunch in his case. Though it would be nice if he got both.

Comment

Unfortuantely, I don't think ab crunch is an option. To have a working wheel and torso swivel... they would have to alter the overall asthetics of the figure. The wheel would need to be situated higher, away from his groin. It wouldn't be too much of a big deal but... after Ruben get's done with him, IDK. I said before that I think they would try to make a working wheel... but I take it back. I think it will be a faux wheel and super bulky armor to accommodate ab crunch and swivel. Mattel design seems to favor articulation rather than proper aesthetics in recent years.

EDIT: IMO, I think the best way to do it would be to make it like the vintage figure, make his entire torso one piece with a working wheel... No waist swivel either... arms and legs will of course be articulated.
                        Last edited by Anti-Guru; 01-07-2014, 04:51 PM.

Comment

The reaction from the community either way is going to be interesting. Since the 4HM like to sculpt the Classic figures to look as close to their vintage counterparts as possible, my guess is they will compromise the ab crunch to stay true to the original design.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Precisely, the ab crunch feature doesn't work well on every single figure, and it's pretty much useless on a figure like Dragstor, at least that's my humble opinion.

I would like to see a working wheel in a new sculpt and no removable armor.

Comment

Dragstor needs his working wheel !

Comment

I'd like to see the working wheel. Even better if they could give him also some kind of accessory to put over his feet - with another couple of wheels on it - so you could zoom him across the floor without scraping the paint off him.
                              Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

^^ I really like that idea BRM! ... or just holes in his feet to plug the wheel shafts into

I want Dragstor to have a real hotwheels wheel that spins - don't care about ab-crunch or waist swivel

Comment

I don't think the wheel is an action feature. It is as much a part of a figure as Clawful's claw or Buzz-Off's wings. He should definitely have a wheel and not just fake wheel on his armour, but a real working wheel. I think they could work in the ab crunch as well, but if they can't I'd much rather have the working wheel than the ab crunch.
                                  “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

hell yes. I don't need the ripcord (but i'd love it) I won't be gutted if he doesn't have a working wheel, but I say make it so./

Comment

Action features in MOTUC? Preposterous!
                                      “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

according to ask matty he is not coming with a wheel. i would have liked a wheel but i prefer ab articulation. hopefully it's a removable sculpted wheel on his armor.
                                        http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X