X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess What?!!!

... Baby Skeletor has sold out?
    http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...0#.U5859BboZaE
    Was he produced in a small quantity, a Neitlich BS trick, or actually a popular item?! rko:

He sold out in Early Access ... which means subscribers would have to be the ones responsible.

I don't know if it was crazy speculation or Neitlich shenanigans. The really crazy thing is that Sea Hawk is still available for sale several hours in...just like Fang Man a couple months back.

Comment

Don't believe the hype. I'm sure there are plenty of Baby Skeletors sitting on their crappers in a warehouse right now.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
        Don't believe the hype. I'm sure there are plenty of Baby Skeletors sitting on their crappers in a warehouse right now.

Yes, well, that falls under "Neitlich shenanigans"--an artificially low number were released to the website to create the appearance of high demand. I do see that this ... thing ... is hitting 3 digits on eBay at the moment.

Comment

Hitting three digits on eBay? What a joke!

Comment

Don't let the sell out FOOL you. He was probably severely under produced (and for good reason). The subbers can have it. Anyone that wants it can have. Good for them.

The inventory page is quite surprising. Griffen, Seahawk, Randor, Icer, Dactus, Wind Raider, Palace Guards, Hurricane Hordak (even after that $5 tent sale, where online fans were never offered discounts) and not a single price break. I've never seen such a large selection. Oh look, the $15 4 pack of clam shells (that cost 15 cents each to produce) are there at full price.

I see 5 items that I would gladly buy (for my birthday next month) if there was the slightest discount. However, after so many negative experiences with Mattel, I refuse to purchase at regular price and risk more defective product and customer service woes. I want value for $, and without a crazy summer sale, I can do without.
            Last edited by Sky Runner; 06-16-2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

For the sake of conspiracy theories:

They sold a few on Mattycollector to generate some hype. Right now they are dumping the load directly on Ebay and making a pretty penny. Pretty cool huh?

Now honestly, if what they did with Fangman and Seahawk is now confirmed to be some pure manipulation tactics, why should I believe that this ISMP Skeletor deal wasn't the same thing? Scott Neitlich's word? Really?!?
              “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

And one more thing... why would it sell out during Early Access if this wasn't meant to appeal the subscribers??

Scott Neitlich: "I know their was some vocal response from 6" collectors, but we never intended for this item to appeal to this customer. (Like giving a Barbie collector a Hot Wheel)."
                See? Maybe Mattel should try to sell some Hot Wheels to Barbie fans and vice-verse after all. Oh wait... this:

Scott Neitlich: "I understand how sub holders feel, and there is a ton offered exclusive for them (in fact something big is coming up!)"
                (Thank you once again to King Tasmuk for uncovering this little BS tale)
                “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Chicken Butt.

I saw that. Probably a small run.

Comment

An interesting discussion, and all cards are valid at this point, however his online reveal was met with a negative reaction everywhere! So I tend to believe that it was either a BS marketing tactic (like before) or it was a very tiny run...

Comment

Seth Green bought them all.
                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
                        Mechanizor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        LOL, I won't be surprized...

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                      Pretty much the way I see it. There is not a single chance this thing is going to sell well unless they only produced a few hundrets.

If they only produced a few hunderets, which is unlikely, how could they hold the $35 price point?

Comment

Originally posted by Barnster View Post

Pretty much the way I see it. There is not a single chance this thing is going to sell well unless they only produced a few hundrets.

If they only produced a few hunderets, which is unlikely, how could they hold the $35 price point?
                        The thing is, the baby mold is already being used in a different kid line, so they basically just did the new Skeletor head, the potty thrown and a few paint apps! BTW the other baby sells for only $15!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
                          The thing is, the baby mold is already being used in a different kid line, so they basically just did the new Skeletor head, the potty thrown and a few paint apps! BTW the other baby sells for only $15!
                          This is not new information. Is it really so surprising? Cheap. Parts reused. Unwanted. Over priced. Notice a trend here?

Comment

If anyone out there really still believes an item on Matty.com is "sold out," then please, please PM me right away, so I can sell you these 100% pure gold coins I found the other day. Or if gold isn't your thing, I have some great Nigerian royalty stock opportunities for you.

After five years of being blatantly shown they lie about stock numbers to court a secondary market buzz, and the old true-stock trick some fans discovered a while back... if you still believe anyone at Mattycollector.com when they say something "sold out," then you deserve to be ridiculed. We've all been shown and proven otherwise over and over again. You have to be dumber than a brick to believe anything they say about stock numbers, or even worked up about it.

Baby Skeletor was an unpopular item before it even came out. In order to save face, Scott resorts to his usual method: fake a sellout, and of course some "See? I told you so" passive-aggressive online statements to the customers. So, nothing new.
                            “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hehe, now that was a funny post, however we're trying still to expose every lie that comes out of their filthy mouths whenever we can.

It is? That's interesting. I did not know that.

Well then. Cheap & easy to make. Which means they won't have to sell many to make a profit. Plus they get use out of the mold.

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
                              It is? That's interesting. I did not know that.

Well then. Cheap & easy to make. Which means they won't have to sell many to make a profit. Plus they get use out of the mold.
                              Here you go:
                              http://shop.mattel.com/product/index...uctId=21273886
                              Thanks to Captain Atkin for showing the link earlier...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X