• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Hawk just went on sale today

Making this and official, and public ToyGuru lie

awaiting a "that was customer stock leftovers" reply

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...178#4461024178

They might delete your post BTW!... It'll be interesting to see what happens...

Comment

Yes i'm aware of that i feel like it's an honest question thou

Comment

Its so funny how "Mattel Apologists" will argue that it is perfectly fine for Mattel to sell leftover stock of a sub figure (even when they promise they won't, because its a sub perk that you pay for), but these same people will also argue against reissuing highly demanded and sub exclusive figures (like Sorceress, Shadoweaver, Fisto etc) and demand that fans not ask for them, as they 'feel' Mattel should not have to cater to fan requests.

The reality is that they just want to protect that santicty of their precious 'exclusives'. Mattel just wants to make money, and the loudest, most hardcore of the fans that weigh in on every problem with the line, or every 'broken promise', are wishy washy the second it might interfere with the future of their figure releases, or might potentially affect the precieved value of their toys.

For all the lies and BS that TG feeds us with his flawed sub system, the greedy, selfish fanbase hurts itself just as much.
        Last edited by Sky Runner; 06-17-2014, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• barrasco
          barrasco commented
          Editing a comment
          No doubt about it, ***guru can lie all he wants as long as those apologists are there to back him up.

That's a blatant lie, no way they can justify that.

It's clearly stated that said figure "will not be sold during the regular monthly sale days at Mattycollector". Which is exactly what's happening right now, whether they will admit it or not.

All hail King Lie-Or!
        Last edited by barrasco; 06-16-2014, 11:58 PM.
        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Indeed......

Catra's Wrath explains:
          Fang Man, Two Bad and Sea Hawk were not sub only figures, they were no day of sale items.

In other words, they would not be made available on sale day, but if you had a subscription you were guaranteed getting one.

That is different to sub-exclusive figures (like Shadow Weaver or King He Man) which are exclusive to those only with a sub.

Customer Services hold a certain amount of stock back in the event there are any exchanges required, after a suitable amount of time has passed, occasionally any left over figures of these figures are put up for sale, in very limited quantities, as they are all that's left. We're not talking hundreds here, merely a handful.

Sub exclusive figures (again like Shadow Weaver) have never been made available outside the sub, they are sub exclusive.

I hope that explains it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
            Catra's Wrath explains:
            Fang Man, Two Bad and Sea Hawk were not sub only figures, they were no day of sale items.

In other words, they would not be made available on sale day, but if you had a subscription you were guaranteed getting one.

That is different to sub-exclusive figures (like Shadow Weaver or King He Man) which are exclusive to those only with a sub.

Customer Services hold a certain amount of stock back in the event there are any exchanges required, after a suitable amount of time has passed, occasionally any left over figures of these figures are put up for sale, in very limited quantities, as they are all that's left. We're not talking hundreds here, merely a handful.

Sub exclusive figures (again like Shadow Weaver) have never been made available outside the sub, they are sub exclusive.

Yes, it explains it beautifully. Now feed me some more.

Comment

Such BS. Total and complete BS.
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

So does this mean that Light-Hope will never ever be available, not even as a Customer Service leftover stock?... Well, we'll see...

Comment

Catra's Wrath explains:

So in other words, if you ever subbed thinking a day-of figure is "exclusive to the sub" - which is what Scott Nietlick repeated all 2013 about all the subs, to get you to buy them- then you got Matty'd again.

I think "the only way to get the figure is to subscribe" line will be used again (I bet July's monthly figure won't be offered Day-of just like Clamp Champ last year) and if you fall for it this year, you only have yourself to blame. And of course, you're "guaranteed to get one" unless they decide not to live up to their side of the bargain like Fisto, etc.
                  Someone once put out the number they would need of Customer Service stock in order to make Fisto available again on the site- they said it was in the hundreds, contrary to what Catra's Wrath says here. They said they had only a few Fisto figures, under fifty, and not the hundreds they would need to make it available on Matty.com again. More manipulating the unknown (to us) numbers and goalposts from behind the scenes in order to get more online buzz.

I think the stupid insulting ridiculous Matty forum answers do more to hurt sales on Mattycollector than help, especially with doublespeak answers like this.
                  “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Catra's Wrath explains:

It seems Catra's Wrath tried to pull out a "Neitlich". Someone should point this out to her:

Originally posted by Scott Neitlich "aka" Lie-Or
                    Sub holders are the vast majority of sales and we need them to lock in our production. But we still need day of sale customers to hit the min production quota needed to keep the current prices.

If we made all NA figures sub only, we would not be making enough of them to produce them at the current price.
                    It's obvious that these figures had DOS stock, it just wasn't sold when they came out. I guess those warehousing costs are not that high huh?
                    Last edited by barrasco; 06-17-2014, 02:45 PM.
                    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Guys... the ENTIRE sales model is built on lies and fear mongering that plays off of customer loyalty and nostalgia.

Mattel has not a single shred of business ethics and hence Scott Taintlick is their man. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                        Guys... the ENTIRE sales model is built on lies and fear mongering that plays off of customer loyalty and nostalgia.

Mattel has not a single shred of business ethics and hence Scott Taintlick is their man. End of story.
                        Most of us know that already Draego, but we're trying to establish and document more evidence of their deceits on every occasion possible!

Comment

Most of us know that already Draego, but we're trying to establish and document more evidence of their deceits on every occasion possible!
                          I know. I'm just throwing in my 2 cents too.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Of course, you always should, that's why we're here in the first place. :-)

• Draego-Man
                            Draego-Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            !!!!!!!!

I hope catra's wrath can sleep at night. She's doing someone else's dirty work...
                          “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

The discussion on that other place is actually comical. Some of the same bozos who were quick in reminding us of how the Castle Grayskull specs were "subject to change" are the same ones who are now trying to teach us how to read that Club Filmation announcement. I can't recall if it was verbally mentioned that Sea Hawk would have no costumer stock for sale (which is actually the DOS stock they chose not to sell, let's cut the crap here), but the text is crystal clear. The text says that Sea Hawk would never be sold during the daily sales, that's actually what defines an exclusive. But even if it had been clarified back then (and I'm not saying it wasn't, just that I don't remember) it was just like the Castle Grayskull thing were you had some written info which wasn't accurate by what had been said by the brand manager, after each respective item's official announcement.

Yes both situations are very similar, misleading info also known as false advertising, but it's funny to witness the selective memory these people have. I guess there's a lesson to learn... that you can't be a Lieguru fan if you're not a liar yourself.
                            Last edited by barrasco; 06-18-2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Hey guys! Check this out from Sea Hawk's sale page on Matty:

This seaworthy swashbuckler had his freedom, but not his pride until Princess Adora set him straight. Now Sea Hawk fights alongside She-Ra® for the honor of Grayskull™! This sub-exclusive Filmation figure comes with red-bladed sword, yellow shield, and removable vest.
                              So not only was it referred on the add seen above that this figure wouldn't be sold on any DOS, even the sale page description stated this particular figure as a "sub-exclusive". I was willing to give Mattel/Scott the benefit of the doubt on this one since I really didn't remember them saying that this figure would have its CS stock on sale later on... but this is ridiculous!

Even when a person is willing to give them benefits their devious ways just keep on surfacing. What a bunch of stinkin' liars those guys from Mattel are, starting with Scott Lietlich down to all the Matty moderators and apologists... seriously dudes, go learn to be honest for once in your life!

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                Mechanizor commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Great find Barrasco, someone should screenshot that page before they edit it out. I did BTW.
                                Last edited by Mechanizor; 06-19-2014, 12:20 AM.

Wow! Someone MUST post that on Matty. MUST!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It's funny how they always fail miserably when they keep coming out with new lies!

Comment

Ya know, I'm starting to feel that TG really isn't the problem.

If you think about it, companies are out to make money. As long as the subs are sold, the warehouses are emptied, DR gets their quotas, and the money is made, and parent groups aren't lobbying against their defective product that burnt little Suzie's fingers, they are hands off. What was advertised for Seahawk's stipulations then, changed the moment unsold product appeared in the warehouse.

As far as who Scott is and what he says to fans (and TGs face on a figure), if MOTUC was the cash cow that it was in the 80s, there might be a little more control and 'image' protection. Scott would not be participating as actively as he does on He-Man.org. For exactly the feelings and reactions that he seems to incite in people, he would be wrangled and spoken to, perhaps even removed. He's just a brand manager, doing his job, selling toys and making money.

Think about this. If Mattel really cared about the face of the brand, and about MOTUC, its shareholders and team of lawyers would not have authorized TGs face on a figure, nor would they have MOTU associated with the filthy adult potty humor (which is fine where it is) on Robot chicken. They would protect the brand. Which only further proves that TG is essentially MOTUC. Therefore, any praise, and hero worship he recieves is a direct result of the fans.

In contrast, any delusions of love, honor, higher expecations, A List vs F List characters, perfect immortalization in plastic, caring about fan input, and giving people what they post thousands of messsages for while they argue in endless cyclical threads, about is really just created by members at the org. Those who believe everything he says, and fight, flame, in fight and squander their words in an open online forum, instead of speaking with their wallets when they receive releases they didn't ask for, defective product, and the whole can of shenanigans and broken promises.

Sadly what fans consider good and bad for the line is as polarized as the Apologists VS the Negators (and yes, the fact that we are so far into the line and have not seen an awesome Negator figure is yet another failure), people can complain as much as they want about TG's choices, but they only support his poor choices, and ensure his successes with multiple sub sales.

The more I see posts about how TG is an awful person, and a persistent liar, the more I feel, well, someone can't cheat you if you don't let them. You can't be forced into buying a sub to get what you want. If the product doesn't meet your expectations don't buy it, and then the company and the controlling interests listen. You can't even have a conversation on He-Man.org without the thread devolving into a online mud slinging, raging mob of babies, screaming as they empty themselves into their cardboard Panthor Potties.

Yep, I think I see it more clearly now. TG isn't actually the root of the problem. His public personality and his snarky videos may fan the flames, but the flames are ignited and fueled by the 'die-hard' fans. So I digress, by sharing some of my own personal experiences. I've been sucked into the fire a few times, both here and there (and probably haven't represented myself in the best light) and for what? Toys? Trying to engage some pompous half wit on He-Man.org, who lives in a fantasy world and considers themselves a MOTU expert gets me where? Sharing my thoughts and ideas about characters and concepts, only to have some faceless loser troll me (because in the dusty D&D book he's got in his basement bedroom tells him that a member of a humanoid Snake race can't practice Necromancy) does what for me?

Recognize the people who contribute to the toxic nature of He-Man.org, and don't let their choice to be hoarding zombies affect you. At the end of the day, all they have are their defective toys, and their online rants and hatred. Its time to start looking for the love in this brandand hobby, and less upon TG
                                  Last edited by Sky Runner; 06-19-2014, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Im glad that a thread was made about this, as this was the only reason why I had bought a Filmation sub... I was pissed when I learned that Matty were doing that crap, after I had already bought the sub. I know that MattyC are trying to tippy-toe around this with their answers... But the truth is that they lied about this figure, and pulled a classic "bait and switch" which is illegal. The "will not be sold during the regular monthly sale days at Mattycollector" part means just that...so they should have never sold this figure outside of the sub.

I have no idea why Catra's Wrath is trying to tackle this with an answer, that is obviously not the truth (according to the sub's ad). But I guess its just Matty being Matty...

P.s. By the way I just wanted to let you guys know that Catra's Wrath is not a she...."Its a man, baby!" I too was under the belief that it was a female, but he had confirmed it through a post that he had put a long while back on MattyC.

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                                      Croc-O-Bite! commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Male. Female. Doesn't matter. Catra's Wrath is an asshole either way.

If these "No day of sale" items eventually go on sale because they are Customer Service Stock leftovers, and if one of those items is defective and the item is sold out, do they just refund you your money like with Fisto and the Sorceress or do they have an "Inception" level of Customer Service Stock for those items? Has anybody experienced this?

Comment

• Shawn
                                      Shawn commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      you get some of your money back (price of figure) but are forced to pay the shipping both to and from, which means you have to pay double to get half your money back...

• Beastmangler
                                      Beastmangler commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      That's a terrible solution! Then people wonder why the sub sign ups have been dwindling every year. I have subbed every year since MOTUC started, including all Mini-Subs, and I almost didn't sub this year because DR cancelled my sub this year; I got it reinstated after much ballyhoo on my part! I honestly HATE Digital River and that Mattel has clue ZERO on how that company has damaged their brand is beyond my comprehension to understand.

Guest commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      When I recieved a damaged Faker directly from them and they explained their return policy, I laughed. I honestly laughed at them for asking me to pay for the shipping. So I gave them an option.

Grant me any 1 of the figures they currently had in stock at the Black Friday Sale price (which had just ended a few days prior), and I would purchase a second figure at regular price. This would be another sale for them, and an apology for defective product. It took some emails and they refused to do that.

So then I demanded at the send me a return label, and deal with their own shit and cover the shipping cost. They told me that they would do this, however, if Faker sold out during the time it took him to ship back, they would only offer me the $10 BFS credit amount and $1 on the shipping charges, but would not allow me to purchase another BFS figure at that price, since the sale had ended. So I could potentially have wound up with no figure at all.

The Faker was worth more to me to open and repaint his missing hair then to send back to them for $11, and concede to their shitty service standard. In that same year I purchased a sub, then I cancelled it. Never again Mattel. Never again.
                                      Last edited by Sky Runner; 08-23-2014, 09:01 AM.

This pisses me off that I subbed for the Filmation sub. I could have had all these figures for less off of EBAY or on a trade forum.
                                    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                                    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X