Is 2015 the end of MOTUC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 2015 the end of MOTUC?

Mattycollector's Facebook page just posted this poster. It looks like this year's subscription will be the last. ​Of course, this could just be another sales/scare tactic to get more people to buy a 2015 subscription in order to push sub sales for 2016. After all the POLLS that have been posted on Mattycollector.com and He-Man.org to find out what the fans want in 2016 and beyond, this feels like a real slap in the face.

Click image for larger version

Name:	015249.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	19046
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Maybe even Mattycollector found that the results of those polls sucked?!

Comment

• Y2Greg
      Y2Greg commented
      Editing a comment
      Maybe Mattel wasn't happy most people didn't want Son of He-Man crap!

I suppose we'll just have to wait till SDCC for more answers.

Comment

What a piss off this must be to all the people who wasted their time filling out those polls at He-Man.Org and Mattycollector. Especially the Org members who had 5 polls on that site to fill out. In the end, it looks like those polls were all for nothing.
      “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

ohh this is gonna be a warzone. ok everyone line up to take your part of the blame you stinking dirty negators and cherry pickers

Comment

• Novelty
          Novelty commented
          Editing a comment
          You dirty cherry pickers! Stealing cherries and getting all dirty in the process. Go find some other summer fruit trees to steal cherries from

If, and only if, this means the end of ***guru then I'd say... good riddance!

Oh and for those saying this is a reference to the end of the vintage lines in Classics that is not true at all, the NA vintage line will not end in 2015, neither will POP on the same measure as vintage MOTU for that matter.
        Last edited by barrasco; 06-20-2014, 08:36 PM.
        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Unfortunate, but expected. Toyguru wasted everyone's time with those polls. Gotta feel bad for the people who put those polls together at the Org, and for those who voted on them. Just a colossal waste of time that ended up being for everyone involved.
          “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Interesting move...

Comment

Honestly, whoever thought this would be a good way to signal intent should be shot

Comment

Slap? Not really. The line continuing with all its faults getting even worse - THAT would be a slap.
                “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• deano_ue
                  deano_ue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  come on. if this is the last year you really think guru isnt gonna shove every character and mary sue he wants in to this

• Mechanizor
                  Mechanizor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  What TG wants isn't exactly what most people want, but who knows what goes in his mind right now...

• Barbecue17
                  Barbecue17 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just when we thought we knew what we were getting, 2015 becomes MOTUC: Spector Corps!

Funny how the org has been allowing people to be critical of Mattel the last couple of days way more than usual. Coincidence?

Comment

• deano_ue
                  deano_ue commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i havent seen that. i posted in the thread over there about this and got a reply from val. i responded but really cant be arsed to see how it went lol

Is anyone really surprised by this at all? Seriously folks, this is just another dumb idea to sell subs dreamed up by TG.
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

"Where collectors are King"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! What a joke... like threatening to end the line DESPITE collectors putting a ROYAL effort into thinking up 2016?

They should have trademarked this instead...

TAKEN FOR THE ASS!!!
                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I think this is marketing 2015. You'd best believe that Classics WILL have a subscription drive for 2016--if 2015 comes to pass.

Comment

Heh, fur is flying at the ORG and I think it's funny that so far Val's been caught up in some of the backlash after the farce those ridiculous fan polls ended up being. I seriously participated in the first week or so, but I stopped when I got sick of the convoluted nature of how those polls went and then had to deal with signing in and time outs on top of all that. Seriously, here's how my surveys went if I could find the character names I was after in that mess: stuff I had zero desire in seeing in the near future went straight to the bottom, stuff I really felt was critical to the line went straight to the top, stuff I had no clue about likely ended up in the middle.

I think whoever put their time into those polls (in any capacity) should assume their right to throw some knee jerk reactions about this Twitter post out there. Even people who have been vested in this line from beginning to now and dealing with the smoke about a road map deserve an opportunity to deal with this however they wish. Instead, Val's first few responses are pretty much bashing people's negative reactions and theories on possible metaphors behind this "All toylines must end" business. It's disappointing to see and I haven't subbed since 2012. I'd go for it if I could afford to. Still, it's obviously a marketing ploy like plenty of others have said. The DCUC line got much less pomp than this and they've said over and over again after SDCC last year that this wave is the definitive end.

Matty's using this to tell all MOTUC fans to jump and we'll see, starting 6/27, how many will respond with "how high?"
                      I make my own MOTU video games. Wanna see?
                      http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie
                      http://wallbie.deviantart.com/
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors

Comment

Things can change quickly at Mattel and other big companies. One month ago, 2016 may have been a possibility depending on 2015. Now, it may not be. Scott can't do anything about that. Neither can we.
                        Funny how some of these people used to say that if it wasn't for him the line would be over by now. A bit of a strange reasoning if indeed he can't do nothing about it continuing or not...

Like I said before, Mattel is the one pulling the strings on MOTUC, they decide if the line keeps going or not regardless of what the fans want, they don't give a rat's ass about us. Scott is only there to run the show and from his end he's been doing a lousy job... lucky for him the Four Horsemen are the designers for the line.
                        Last edited by barrasco; 06-21-2014, 12:40 AM.
                        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

...wow. Just...wow.
                          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Originally posted by barrasco View Post

Funny how some of these people used to say that if it wasn't for him the line would be over by now. A bit of a strange reasoning if indeed he can't do nothing about it continuing or not...

Like I said before, Mattel is the one pulling the strings on MOTUC, they decide if the line keeps going or not regardless of what the fans want, they don't give a rat's ass about us. Scott is only there to run the show and from his end he's been doing a lousy job... lucky for him the Four Horsemen are the designers for the line.
                            The line wouldn't have existed if it wasn't for the 4HM. Neitlich was just there at the right moment and took (or was given) the opportuninty to run the show as he pleases within a given budget... Nonetheless, I'm not sure if Mattel has enough faith in the MOTU property to invest in it any further, and who knows, probably that Neitlich jerk is the major obstacle between the company and the real fans who would've loved to see this brand become the property once it was before!

Comment

• barrasco
                              barrasco commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I agree, you look at all the blunders that happened in MOTUC and you won't find anything like that in the vintage line. Those people cared.

I question Mattel's integrity by posting something like this without offering an explanation.

If 2016 is still possible, then it's an idiotic thing to post. All it conjures up are hurt and angry feelings. It's not a positive thing that makes people feel encouraged about subbing.

If 2016 is done for, why can't Mattel just explain that along with the picture?

Comment

Wow. The scare tactics begins early this year. Watch the fans make emotional pleas to make sure the final year if subs go through. I doubt it's the end. They will probably have a reduced line in 2016. Maybe a 12-figure line instead if the current 20+. The line is not going to end until 2017 at the earliest.
                              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

Ok, this is really easy to figure out, and I mean REALLY easy. Over at Matty many people have now asked questions about the intended meaning of the image... TG has answered 2 of these threads, and rather than give a direct answer confirming the end of the line (which he would do if it indeed was the end) he instead entirely evades the question. If it is not the end of the line it would make sense to say so to calm people down... EXCEPT for the fact that the purpose of this is to do one thing and one thing only... drum up chatter and interest and hopefully translate that into increased sales.

Mark my words, after the sub sales end we will get some bullshit explanation about this from that dumbass just as we always have. What the explanation will be is, "oh this was just a fun play on Game of Thrones, it wasn't meant as anything else... sorry fans got confused". Meanwhile he would have had a million opportunities to clarify before then but will simply choose not to.

Guys at this point that jerk can be read like an open book. Seriously, how bloody stupid are most of those posters over at the ORG?

Comment

• barrasco
                                  barrasco commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Stupid enough to love someone who blatantly lies in their faces.

For those who don't know where the inspiration behind this image comes from...

Comment

• Novelty
                                  Novelty commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  And women will inherit the earth?

It may be that the movie is coming along more quickly now so end the Motuc line and get everything ready for a movie line. But i won't be buying anything as long as TG and DR remain involved,and if this is the last year of the line then prepare for the bantha poodoo that TG wants in his collection,and if what he says is true(unlikely)it takes 12-24 months for the figures to go from proto to figure then he should already know if 2016 is going ahead.

Comment

I'm not even adding to this. It is what it is.

Comment

• Novelty
                                    Novelty commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Why not? Lol.

Guest commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Im glad that I provide some entertainment value, but the rants have grown tiresome. I don't want to become the same personalities I loathed on the ORG. Sorry. Nuff said.

• Mechanizor
                                    Mechanizor commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I know exacly where you're coming from, however some of those personalities you're referring to either lack logic in their so called arguments, or blinded by a certain belief system (Brainwashed) and no I'm not talking about religions here, or guided by fear, and I don't sense much of those characteristics in your posts, so let it out if you need to. ;-)

TG said this at Matty...

2015 will definitely be the end of green brick carded figures called "Masters of the Universe Classics".
                                  Anything after that is too far off to comment on specifics. We need to see how the 2015 line sells in first.

DCU Classics ended and Signature series followed. For 6" He-man figures, who knows, but for now we are focused on making 2015 happen and finishing off MOTUC properly!
                                  Since he is the "Classics" manager, hopefully this means the line is rebranded as "MOTU Signature" with someone else heading things up!

So hopefully what this really means is that TG is getting the Ned Stark treatment!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X