Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 200X Mini-sub in 2015?

Seen on Facebook:

You know what, since Scott is going to make a huge message I am too- If people get the sub to go through for 2015 the incentive will be the mini-sub for 200x going on sale in February, but that's only if the sub goes through for this last year. I don't work for Mattel so there's no backlash that can happen to me. There you go everyone, no more speculation and now you know what you'll get.
    Discuss!
    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

May I ask who posted this?

Comment

• Novelty
      Novelty commented
      Editing a comment
      Someone who has links to the toy industry, but then there are plenty of those on Facebook! He has greater than 50% accuracy about these things usually, so it may be true. Feel free to discuss the message though, not he source.

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      I just wanted to know that he/she wasn't just a regular fan who allegedly has an inside info, but then again the person has 50% accuracy, not much to rely on his/her predictions!

I'd love to get a 200X Mini-sub. It was sad to see King Miro and others didn't make it in the .org polls. This could be a chance to get him anyway.

My wants:

1. Calix
    2. Evil Seed
    3. Prahvus
    4. King Miro
    5. Captain Randor/Battle Armor Randor
    6. Battle Armor Queen Marlena

Of course I'd also love to get an official "Ceratus", but I could always build my own thanks to Kevin Kosse.

Comment

• wallbie
      wallbie commented
      Editing a comment
      Good picks. I'd even say throw in a Tuvar and Baddrha two pack as the sub exclusive. That'd be awesome. Likely never happen, but still awesome.

• Nemisythe
      Nemisythe commented
      Editing a comment
      Some good selections, although I think the 2 variants would be less desired than original characters.

While I love having a 200X mini-sub at one point, however I won't let this rumor (or fact) be my reasoning on why I should buy the main 2015 sub. Plus I'd rather see a vehicle sub at this point.

Comment

200X? No thanks. If this is the final year they should have a vote and make the 6 or 7 most demanded figures, no matter which faction or era they're from.

Comment

They should focus on NA in my opinion.
        But if true, I'm happy for 200x fans.
        Spirit, Charger and Arrow for MOTUC!

Comment

Yep, finishing vintage NA is way more important than 200x IMO. Stupid move.
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Why is that?
            As I recall back in the day, I've witnessed way more visible 200X fans were online than NA ones, probably to this day. Plus MYP is a lot more popular than NA of He-Man.

• Draego-Man
            Draego-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            I said IMO.

I like NA much more than 200X.

That would be a good idea since 200X has so many characters that so many people want. I my self would prefer a Powers of Grayskull sub more then anything else, but eh, whatever. The ones I want THE MOST would be...

Veena
          Oracle
          Horde Wraith
          Evil-Seed
          Prahvus
          <strike>Snake Armor He-Man</strike>
          Captain Randor (At least his Helmet & shield)
          Miro
          Last edited by Shawn; 09-10-2014, 07:30 AM.
          Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

I just want to complete Randor's council. So queen andreenos. And the female avion. Ceratus if they want a cheap repaint. Prahvus who is immensely popular
            “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• Shawn
              Shawn commented
              Editing a comment
              To complete the council wouldn't you need King Tauros and the not named Centaur guy? Wasn't Stingrad with Buzz off and the Queen? Do you not care about the entourage and background characters as much?

• Novelty
              Novelty commented
              Editing a comment
              I want all of those too. But I doubt we'd even get the ones I want. I have a custom stingrad btw

The worst thing for me about 200X is the worst thing I've ever seen about MOTU ever (aside from Baby Skeletor) and that's Figure Skater Armor... er, Snake Armor He-Man. Seriously, I bought Martial Arts He-Man regardless of how stupid he looked just to get a Moss Man, and I like that design better than I ever did of Snake Armor. I'm not for or against a 200X minisub, but I'm certain we'll all have to wait and see.
            I make my own MOTU video games. Wanna see?
            http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie
            http://wallbie.deviantart.com/
            http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors

Comment

• Shawn
              Shawn commented
              Editing a comment
              Since this thread got bumped, have you changed your mind since seeing him?

There was that one photo where he had the armor on the wrong arm on display. Probably just an accident, but reading this again made me think of that.

• wallbie
              wallbie commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you, Shawn. I'm still not a fan of the exposed shoulder. That's all. Aside from the original design of the armor, my only problem with the MOTUC version is the Justin Bieber hair. At first, I didn't like the martial arts avenue they were taking with the variants until they had an explanation for them in the cartoon like with the Samurai stuff and the mechanized battle suits. Ambrosia variants for Tri-Klops and Evil-Lyn would've been cool. Looks like we'll never get those either.

• Shawn
              Shawn commented
              Editing a comment
              No Worries. I think We all miss stuff and take breaks from this community

I understand your reasons better now. I'd certainly welcome more concepts on the Snake Armor theme. A fully covered one would look great. A less covered one with Longer hair would look like KG's Snake Armor I liked Battle sound Skeletor, though i HATED "Ambrosia armor" It's clearly armor designed to look like Hordak's face! MYP didn't get that being so early in the production of the series. I HATED the Samurai Armor, but really liked The Legacy Stones and Anwat Gar. Incandescently, my nephew who was around the targeted age liked them, they where his favorites and one of the few toys he has kept into adulthood. He loves Ninjas and stuff to this day, who doesn't? SO I did "play with" them and they did grow on me. I'd buy them again if the 4HM designed them based of the Cartoon look. Whatever the armors that Sortech guy created where called though...Burn them with Skeletor's blue fire armor The 200X variants are SOOOO hit & miss. Sometimes a good story can make you like something you wouldn't otherwise, so long as they understand what it is they are telling a story about!
              Last edited by Shawn; 09-10-2014, 08:05 AM.

I'm the exact opposite. I loved the Snake He-man armor and was really annoyed it never saw a U.S. release (as I understand it was European release only) It was the 2000X series that caused me to look into Masters of the Universe again. If there was a 2000X sub line I would be all over that especially if a Snake Armor He-man was offered (I really don't want to pay the insane Ebay prices for the original figure)

Comment

• Captain Atkin
              Captain Atkin commented
              Editing a comment
              The figure was released in the US, but not in large numbers. I bought one at Toys R'Us.

I would certainly be happy to see a 200X mini-sub. Characters that I would want to see:

Evil-Seed
            Prahvus
            Battle Armor Queen Marlena
            Horde Wraith
            Calix
            Ceratus

Sub bonus: Snake Armor He-Man
            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Just give me the ABC giants and I'm in...

Last edited by Mechanizor; 07-07-2014, 10:31 AM.

Comment

• Shawn
                Shawn commented
                Editing a comment
                I never understood their appeal. They seam so generic to me. What is it about them that you like? I hope you get your wish, but I don't think it's going to happen. Megator and Tytus didn't seam to sell very well. I was shocked to see them make Procrustus, though I'm glad they did as he felt less generic looking. Besides that in the sense of the lore he is very important. The ABC giants never really did much with all that screen time I feel.

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                Although they didn't have a major impact on the story other than the common battle entertainment, to me they add more of the traditional mythological fantasy aspect to the line, plus they are colorful and cool to look at, and I liked their appearance in the MYP cartoon... On the other hand I never understood the appeal of the other boring Filmation characters that people kept asking for!

• Shawn
                Shawn commented
                Editing a comment
                Those are excellent points! You've actually made me want them more then I did before. Regarding boring Filmation characters, I'm sure I fall into that category. Malaktha right? I think it comes down to what a person is into. I like ancient history and archeology, therefor I want Malaktha. Maybe because of him is the reason I like ancient history and archeology?

I would love to see a proper 200x-style He-Man, Skeletor, and She-Ra.
              “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

200X appeals to me a little more than NA at this point.

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                I would certainly be happy to see a 200X mini-sub. Characters that I would want to see:
                Evil-Seed
                Prahvus
                Battle Armor Queen Marlena
                Horde Wraith
                Calix
                Ceratus
                Sub bonus: Snake Armor He-Man
                I am down for all but BA Queen Marlena and Snake Armor He-Man.

for NA I would love to see ARTILLA, SAGITAR, LIZOR and HOOVE.
                “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I think in a fight between NA vs 200X, that NA for me wins for me because, even though it had twice as many episodes, it has less "important" characters to make. MYP and MVC packed A LOT of cool looking characters into the stories. The Council of Elders/Wisdom alone is like 25 people. That's including barbarians & Mystic variations of the Elders. 200X will NEVER be "complete" where as NA COULD be.

one thing I don't anybody requesting is MVCreations characters. I wonder if it is because we just accept that it isn't going to happen? I for one would LOVE LOVE LOVE to have

"The Nameless One" and "the one who is unnamed" LOL

I can see some clever parts reuse out of a Horde Wraith. Or if Mattel was adventurous and let the 4HM work with the experts in dolls, they could have some nice fabric robes and capes. If Sorceress and King Grayskull has cloth capes all the gnashing of teeth wouldn't have happened because they would have been able to sit

Pack ins like Staff of Avion and ZodaK head...
                  http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...nt_23_full.jpg

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...efore_full.jpg

on the topic of awesome shit that is never going to happen I want THIS Hordak variant
                  http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...ordak_full.jpg
                  Last edited by Shawn; 07-07-2014, 10:33 AM.
                  Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

even though i would rather get more NA, if they do a sub i don't want more damn variants. we are already getting he-man & hiss variants. i don't want marlena & randor variants.
                    http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

I would prefer a vintage Minicomic sub but 200X is not bad.
                      Can live with a King Miro, Prahvus, Evil Seed & Veena.Would like to get MVC Skeleton Warriors, but i guess that wont happen.

Comment

Well, people have already gotten the list of figures, more-or-less for this sub. I'm sure they will start selling subscriptions for it in Feb next year

Comment

• Novelty
                          Novelty commented
                          Editing a comment
                          "Evil Seed, Ceratus, Callix, Kulatak Elder, Prahvus, Veena" was posted by No-Ah in another thread

1. Veena (No Brainer)
                        2. Evil Seed (Long Overdue)
                        3. Hawke (she would replace our deceased Stratos)
                        4. Callix (possible reuse of the Ram Man Buck?)
                        5. King Miro (Count Marzo needs his Counterpart)
                        6. Kulatak

Bonus: Horde Wraith (kick in the chins but it would get people to possibly get in on this)

Comment

• Shawn
                          Shawn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That's a good point about Miro being Marzo's counterpoint...I never really saw them life that before because of my Filmation blinders!

You mean Horde Wraith as sub only like Lighthope? I'd be ok with that, as I would probably want them all anyway.

What about Widget Marzo and Odiphus? Pack in or two-pack like Kowl & Loo Kee. Anyone want them?

I really want that a acid burning, face melting Keldor pack in head with the green fire in Classics. The SDCC exclusive figure that started SDCC exclusive figures! 12 years later it is still the coolest one ever! !

Comment

• Draego-Man
                          Draego-Man commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That would be cool!

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X