Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popcritica Photos of "Filmation" Hordak and NA Skeletor

Presented without comment, do with them as you will: Link

Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Failmation Hordak: my most anticipated character from the whole mythos, a total waste and the proof of what this "internal champion" thing is all about.

NA Skeletor: bloated torso, goes against the sleekness in design the 4H envisioned for the line and it also hinders articulation. Regarding the clearly reversed shoulders - some people may dishonestly claim the contrary but what are you gonna do, no wonder there are so many still praising Scott Lietlich - I guess the shoulder committee took a vacation that day. "I'm going to be brutally honest here", the biggest problem is not necessarily how the shoulders came out reversed but how Scott blatantly lied stating that they were not reversed and how he's still to be held accountable for such disgusting display of dishonesty and manipulation. Let's not forget that he did it to avoid any compensation to the locked-in subscribers from Mattel's side, that right there shows you what moves him. People who refuse to acknowledge this should not be taken seriously.

Two of the most promising figures with an ending result proper of a line ran on carelessness, at least on Mattel's end. But hey, as long as people don't care about quality I guess that's fine right? It's a complete shame that this line turned out into this...
    Last edited by barrasco; 06-21-2014, 11:49 PM.
    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Filmation Hordak = Laziness and a cheaply made varient.
      NA Skeletor: It's disappointing to see this figure has been ruined by the infamous inflated armor syndrom (that suppose to be attached to his torso), and by the never ending reversed shoulder blunder! What a ****ing joke especially knowing that they had more than six years on their hands to fix this reoccurring issue, SIX FRACKING YEARS!

Comment

Oh and I totally forgot to add this... was Imp sculpted in house by Mattel? Because it surely seems so. I don't believe the 4H did that, it's not their style... and googly eyes? What is this a rejected happy meal toy?
        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

I don't get how that eye mistake gets made. One eye looking in one director and the other eye looking in another. Same thing (albeit much less severe than with Imp) occurred with classics TMNT.
          “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

It's just incredible the sheer level of dishonesty from some of the people commenting the issues with NA Skeletor's shoulders at the .Org. Thank you darkmoon766, Hosed Ovor, Leech Lich and RocketPunch for not letting the truth get silenced in the middle of such display of imbecility.
            Last edited by barrasco; 06-22-2014, 11:21 AM.

Comment

When you actually see a decent photo of Filmation Hordak, he looks good, and the tray packed with pieces definitely adds to the appeal, however I cannot deny that the lack of a new head sculpt, and the infamous response from TG as to why, is a big let down. Still as a figure, he's awesome looking and I might get one. It almost justified the $27 price point

As for NA Skeletor, well, I still don't see the reversed shoulder problem. Its a nice looking Skeletor variant. Did the line need another variant? No. But it seems like NA fans love to ask for the most for stuff that is the generally least demanded. I'll pass on this one.

So is 'deco hits' an industry term? Heh
              Last edited by Sky Runner; 06-22-2014, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Wow wow wow I thought this was enternia invasion hordak not filmation hordak. So why the in memory And the whole in memory of Lou Scheimer of such a lazy and insulting product leaves a bad bad taste.

Comment

Originally posted by deano_ue View Post
                  Wow wow wow I thought this was enternia invasion hordak not filmation hordak. So why the in memory And the whole in memory of Lou Scheimer of such a lazy and insulting product leaves a bad bad taste.
                  In memory of Lou Scheimer... we forgot how Filmation Hordak's face looks like. Pretty cool huh?

Comment

It is nice to see Lou Scheimer recognized by Mattel on a package like this, but if you are going to dedicate a toy to a man, why would you NOT make the head look like it did in his Filmation cartoon series? This is like someone dedicating a Superman toy with Brandon Routh's head on it to Christopher Reeve.

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• barrasco
                      barrasco commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Precisely. Though what are you going to do with such a clueless brand manager...

• Draego-Man
                      Draego-Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Please post this comment on Matty. I'd love to see how those idiots respond to this.

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
                    It is nice to see Lou Scheimer recognized by Mattel on a package like this, but if you are going to dedicate a toy to a man, why would you NOT make the head look like it did in his Filmation cartoon series? This is like someone dedicating a Superman toy with Brandon Routh's head on it to Christopher Reeve.
                    Most fitting analogy I've seen in quite some time.

Comment

Originally posted by D.M. View Post
                      I don't get how that eye mistake gets made. One eye looking in one director and the other eye looking in another. Same thing (albeit much less severe than with Imp) occurred with classics TMNT.
                      "One eye was lookin' at me, the other one was lookin' at Rick."
                      http://youtu.be/8SLpswZQ08I?t=3m9s
                      I make my own MOTU video games. Wanna see?
                      http://www.dailymotion.com/wallbie
                      http://wallbie.deviantart.com/
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/wallbieswarriors

Comment

I think the bigger insult to Lou Scheimer and his work, is the stuff that fans say (and are allowed to say to one another unedited) on a site called He-Man.org, than the absence of a new head sculpt on Hordak.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X