Skeleteen needs a better name!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skeleteen needs a better name!

It looks likely that Skeleteen won't be released as part of MOTUC this year, but there is a good chance that the figure could be released in 2016 or 2017. If Skeleteen gets released as a figure, I really think that Mattel needs to give this character a different name. Skeleteen is the WORST name ever in the history of MOTU. I can't see a rebranding of the property going well if that is the name they decide to give a new faction leader in the toyline.

So, I will DARE to ask the question... If you were going to rename Skeleteen, what would YOU call him?

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Honestly, and after looking at that picture, they can call him whatever they want, even Scottleteen... I won't care. I won't follow Mr. Lietlich's fan fiction if the brand goes in that direction.

TMNT had the Next Mutation, MOTU will have the Son of Neitlich.
    “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Can Mattel even legally call the character Skeleteen? There is a popular soda company called Skeleteens. Could that not open Mattel up to a potential lawsuit?

That said, If I was going to give the character a new name, I would call him Wrath.
      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

I'd call him "Lt. Spector". Look at that image... he is the same color as Spector, not Skeletor. So either it is Spector, or Skeletor played sloppy seconds to Spector's "Milk Man" routine and got in there too late. Scott is such a stud.
        Last edited by Draego-Man; 06-26-2014, 12:27 AM.
        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

How about Bone-or?
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• No-Ah
            No-Ah commented
            Editing a comment
            I was just going to say that! LOL

Well isn't it obvious?! Skele-Tween (because he is inbetween a child and an adult) would be the best new moniker! I'm going to email TG right now! He'll love it.

Some Captain Atkin's suggestions were good, Kross-Bones is my favorite. I'll toss out a few that I feel capture MOTU style names:

Ghh'oul

War'Lok

Necro Mansor

Kel'Darr

Skull-Eator

Skullinator (I actually don't like it, but I like it more than Skeleteen)

Skeletron (thank you Mario Lopez)

Count Mal'Liss
          Last edited by Sky Runner; 06-26-2014, 01:35 AM.

Comment

How about... Chuckler?
            “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Bonehead. In honor of the person who came up with Skeleteen.

Comment

Wait ... Keldor knew he had a son? I'm sorry, that just doesn't work for me.

And I'd never noticed that the Son of Keldor not only has a mohawk, but a super-long ponytail too.

Comment

• Shawn
                  Shawn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mohawk leading into a ponytail is a hair style I've seen, but mostly on women. It certainly looks good on them, at least the hardcore tattooed type IMO.

• D.M.
                  D.M. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Isn't that called a mullet?

• Shawn
                  Shawn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've seen people call it a mullet, but it isn't one. Nightwing in Batman:TNBA cartoon of the late 1990's now that was a mullet!

Joey Rabone

Comment

Skeleteen is a horrid name.

Off the top of my head..............Skeletos.

Another one off the top of my head.....Skelos

Comment

Bone Raper, wait, that's what Evil-Lyn's nickname would have been.

Skele-Gar or Skeletor Jr.
                    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I think it should be Skeleturd :throne:
                      Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Vil-Lain Son of Skeletor (you know, as in He-Ro Son of He-Man) :heman: lol
                        Spirit, Charger and Arrow for MOTUC!

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not a bad idea. Vil'Lain and He-Ro? Sure why not. I like apostrophes!

I'm going with what I said when the subject came up on Facebook a couple days ago. I think depending on the context of the story Skeleteen could work. Maybe he starts off trying to go by Skeletor, keeping the "family name", but his adversaries start mocking him because of his age, hence Skeleteen. I'm thinking of the 90's Superboy here as an example, where initially he insisted on being called Superman, even though he clearly wasn't.

I don't remember if Skeletor/Keldor is still supposed to be around in SOH era.

Comment

• Shawn
                          Shawn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          So he goes around saying "don't call me skeleteen!" Sure, but even "Conner" only did that for three months before it got old. After Clark came back he said "wow, that's the one and only Superman" and he accepted that he was SuperBOY by comparison. Heck he even grew up some and superman accepted him into the family as Kon-El/COnner Kent. Point being that took a years and multiple writing TEAMS over several titles and hundreds of issues for the 90's Superboy to become a beloved character.

Skeleteen feels more like Superboy Prime if you take my meaning

I do like the idea of Son of Skeletor keeping the family name...I just take that in a different way. (see next post)

Kael'lex - devourer of worlds
                        Bonez - the dark prince
                        Mayhem - the new overlord
                        Flush'or - who left the toilet seat open
                        Mo'hawkgonewrong

Comment

Boner-Een (Boner-In) or Boney-N
                          Bonelicious

Hunka-Punka
                          Blue-Skoot

Comment

...how about just not.
                          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

This is the reason motuc needs to die. These new concepts are horrible. I thought NA was bad. Haha. Btw i didnt know having a skeleton face was hereditary.

Comment

Skeleteen needs a better design!

Bone Thug (& Harmony, some pet)
                              Dem Bones
                              B'onne B'onzz
                              Scott Daniel

If this is going to be a main character of Neitlichverse, you'll wish for more NA.

Comment

• Shawn
                                Shawn commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Bone Thug (& Harmony, some pet) is the best suggestion this whole thread. Might as well make him a rapper to make him a complete musical failure of all genres.

Originally posted by Jsting View Post
                              Btw i didnt know having a skeleton face was hereditary.
                              In Mr. Lietlich's badly written fan fiction anything is possible.
                              “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Jsting View Post
                                This is the reason motuc needs to die. These new concepts are horrible. I thought NA was bad. Haha. Btw i didnt know having a skeleton face was hereditary.
                                The rumor has it that he's only wearing a mask.

Comment

I would call him either Cranium or Kranium.
                                  “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

something I wanted to mention earlier but forgot.

I'm bothered by something.

The Mighty Spector goes back in time and saves Sir-Laser-Lot for King He-Man. So to me he's a good guy.

But then we see him helping a baddie Evil Lynn. Now maybe it's a case of a mother looking out for her kid or looking after kid/dominating the future. But if that's the case is it a case of a bleeding heart for The Mighty Spector.

So. Is the Mighty Spector good or evil? Neutral? Time traveler for hire?

Comment

• Shawn
                                      Shawn commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Who can tell? Fore what it's worth, The Bios state that TMS is a Time Agent who fixes anomalies and that in the SOH era a Time War will be fought. One of the few ideas I like considering all the temporal tampering that has plagued MOTU since the beginning.
                                      Last edited by Shawn; 06-26-2014, 09:03 PM.

Still think it should be Bone-Or. lol.

Stupid characters deserves a stupid name.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X