No announcement yet.

Skeleteen needs a better name!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They should scrap Skeleteen and replace him with Keltra created by micro-man on the org
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...er-of-Skeletor!

Comment

Still pushing for Bone-Or.

Just think of the giant purple vibrating weapons he could have! lol.
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• No-Ah
        No-Ah commented
        Editing a comment
        IF they make him, he'll always be Bone-Or to me!

I believe the real reason why Skeleteen is wearing the skull mask, is because he's the bastard lovechild of Spector and Evil-Lyn when she was sedated under a magical drug. Clearly he has the face of his father Spector/Neitlich and wanted to cover his shame for the rest of his cursed life!

Comment

He-Ro: son of He-Man

Grayskull: son of Skeletor.

Both named for their ancient ancestor who built the Castle, but Scott isn't trying to make this stuff fit within the context of what MOTU already is.

As for his Punk/Metal rock hybrid appearance it's funny, the only thing he is missing is a guitar that is also an ax. If this guy was the nemesis of Songter I'd be fine by it. But as the Son of Skeletor he lacks that Big Bad Villain stage prescience that is required of his role. I do like the idea of his mask instead of an actual skull for a face. Reminds me of Keldor from the GRAYSKULL movie script Perhaps he wears a mask because his face is scared? I'd have his skull mask sculpted from a stone from the Castle and his complexion a combination of his parents but then I guess he would look too much like Castle Grayskullman. THAT is what I would want this type of character to be going for...

He-Ro: "by the Power of Grayskull I am He-Ro"

Grayskull: "BY MY POWER, I AM GRAYSKULL!"
      Last edited by Shawn; 06-27-2014, 07:25 AM.
      Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Originally posted by Kel-Ton View Post
      They should scrap Skeleteen and replace him with Keltra created by micro-man on the org
      http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...er-of-Skeletor!
      I agree, the pics and art of Keltra have been more intriguing to me than Skele-Teen.
      “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
      Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

How about " fan pitch that was ultimately deemed too complicated for action figure form "?

Comment

Badbone..?
          “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Let's put some french into it shall we: Monsieur Rectum-Bonaar.

Comment

How about Skull Punk
              Turns out he doesn't want to conquer anything he just wants to start a band with some of other Eternian teens.

Comment

Not Funny Bone
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Whenever I hear the name "Skeleteen", this picture comes to mind...

“The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

• Shawn
                    Shawn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It would be cool if the skull mask was sculpted to LOOK like that one. That would be a cool throw back to that vintage roll play set.

The Teenage Trials of Skeleteen...

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...s-of-Skeleteen

Comment

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Funny stuff. :-)

• Shawn
                    Shawn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks for the link. I haven't see that.

I like Wrath, skull face works as does vi-llain , but I like the idea that the quarter Gar son of Skeletor becomes the hero of a new SOHM line, after Skeletors death He-man and Teela adopt his son and raises him with honour to be the new protector of grey skull, were he becomes Keldor the second the new He-man

Comment

• Shawn
                    Shawn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    agreed. that's like to how I envision it. I can see Dare naming HIM SELF He-Ro and not living up to the ideals of his "father" whereas Grayskull (aka skeleteen) would. I see them as growing up together both adapted Sons of He-Man...More Cain & Able with the moral ambiguity of Game of Thrones would be more interesting to me. That's why I can't enjoy the DC comics or the bios, "the stories in my mind are almost always better"

Now that Scott Neitlich is no longer with Mattel, I really hope this is the last we ever hear of this concept character. Nothing but a terrible idea to begin with in the first place.
                  "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                    MegaGearMax commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Amen to that!

Yeah, I'm sure this is all gone now.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                    Now that Scott Neitlich is no longer with Mattel, I really hope this is the last we ever hear of this concept character. Nothing but a terrible idea to begin with in the first place.
                    Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                    Yeah, I'm sure this is all gone now.
                    I really hope you guys are right, otherwise we need to demote that stupid idea by campaigning against it if it goes through!

Comment

Agreed. AS IS, it just doesn't work...I'm still of the mind that "Son of ..." could work, if properly developed, but it needed A LOT more time in the development process before it's canonized...

Keep in mind though, Scott told us the Dec 2015 subscription "holiday item", will come packed with ALL THREE parts of Toy Guru's Fall of Eternia mini comics... The first one is Homecoming, lest we forget that little insult. Given what we learned from SDCC this year, Scott's final **** you will be to blow up Eternia, and launch Dare & Skeleteen into the future. He said on the .Org that he had something "very specific" in mind for the final figure. I can't help but worry that we will get Skeleteened before Classics is over By the Ancients, and even all the Dark Ones, I pray that I am wrong! Be afraid. Be very afraid...
                      Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

With a little more redesign (say instead of that mask he actually paints the skull on his face a la WWE's Papa Shango) I would make this character more mystical (a la Valiant's Master Darque) but utilizes technology as well (hey maybe all his tech is mystically grafted???) I would name him...

Skeledor or Skeldor (whichever sound phonetically pleasing to you)

One personal idea I originally had was Skeletor having a daughter named Skeletra and her becoming the Big Bad in the Dare universe.
                        Another one was He-Man's son being the big bad and Skeletor's child becoming the hero and shaking things up a bit as a good part of the story and mystery would be... HOW THE HELL THIS HAPPENED? ( And I have an answer... )

Comment

• Mechanizor
                          Mechanizor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          What an interesting twisted ideas you have there! It's like some of those Soap Operas on TV. Hehe...

• Andy
                          Andy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I agree. The idea of skeleteen isn't bad, the name just sounds corny. (Not that I have a better name though at the moment.)

I too always considered skeletor having a daughter, but i think your idea of having the sons roles switched sounds interesting..gives me a scorpion/sub-zero MK Legacy vibe.

• Nemisythe
                          Nemisythe commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks I will admit I have watched a few and sometimes they (the plot lines) are so out there and crazy enough that it can help connect the family connections the Scannon (Scott + cannon) tried to do. And I also have a real sweet death scene for TMS too!

Originally posted by Nemisythe View Post
                        Another one was He-Man's son being the big bad and Skeletor's child becoming the hero and shaking things up a bit as a good part of the story and mystery would be... HOW THE HELL THIS HAPPENED? ( And I have an answer... )
                        Now THIS is an interesting idea. A "Hero's Journey" path for both characters might be the redemption of He-Man's evil son, and the corruption of Skeletor's son...
                        “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I've been informed from old Zip Lock commercials that yellow and blue make green. In that case, shouldn't Skeleteen be green?
                          Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Ram Man View Post
                            I've been informed from old Zip Lock commercials that yellow and blue make green. In that case, shouldn't Skeleteen be green?
                            It depends on the dominant Eternian genotype...

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                              Battle Ram Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Maury Povich: Skeletor, you claimed that Skeleteen was your son, and pointed to his complexion to demonstrate your point. A recent DNA test determined that was a lie. The real father is... Trap Jaw!

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Skeletor: You treacherous piece of rust, how could you?!

Trap-Jaw: Don't blame me, that yellow bitch of yours forced me to preform under her spell! She even called me the unstoppable love machine!

How about just calling him "Asshat".

Comment

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You mean Assmohawk! ;-b

• Draego-Man
                              Draego-Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yep, that works too!

• Croc-O-Bite!
                              Croc-O-Bite! commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Haha. Asshat works great as it also perfectly describes it's creator!

Originally posted by Battle Ram Man View Post
                            It's the one physics lesson I remember from school
                            The whole idea of Skeleteen should be erased from human memory, if not, he should lose the Columbine trenchcoat and Monster Energy Drink mohawk and be green.
                            Heck just make him a straight recolor of Skeletor... disco colors, whatever... anything is better than what's been shown
                            “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                              Battle Ram Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The whole idea of Skeletor having a son is silly, anyway. And unnecessary. How many successful franchises have been built around the son of some famous fictional hero or villain? If they want to expand the universe, they should add new characters contemporary to He-Man and Skeletor.

• Nemisythe
                              Nemisythe commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Here's another sick idea... Imagine Skeletor used some sick spell in which upon conception of his son transferred a part of himself (his essence or some kind of magical bookmark, bear with me I'm rolling raw with this idea), that once upon the death of his current form allows his essence to transfer into the child; something like what Hordak did to him and Demo-Man's essence during his transformation into Skeletor. With Keldor aware of the legend of the Twins of Power he knew that he had not faced the Great Power of Good that would come and defeat the Horde Empire yet and decided that as much as he could try and conquer the planet that greater good would still stop him since he knew he wasn't on Hordak's level yet. So he decided to this bookend for himself and a plan B? And once the Horde was finally dealt with this new Skele-whatever rise and take control once and for all.

Skeletard.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Simple and effective! Haha...

I can't believe I'm saying this but the idea definitely has potential which I think you can see in my 3D head I did of it in my avatar here.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X