Giant He-Man and Skeletor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant He-Man and Skeletor!

Mattel has revealed pictures of Giant He-Man and Skeletor! The new line is coming this fall. He-Man and Skeletor will be available in September and October at Mattycollector.com. Two additional figures will be revealed at the SDCC fan panel, and they will be available in November and December. The giant figures will sell for $75 each.

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

I like these.

I will buy all four.

It's old school masters in large scale.

Comment

So they finally did it, and suprisingly they actually look kinda cool... However I'd rather spend the money on something else, plus I don't have the extra space to display these nor to store them away!

Comment

The only thing I don't really like is that He-Man and Skeletor both share the same arms.
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

They haven't changed that?

Are they doing that to save money on that line?

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
          The only thing I don't really like is that He-Man and Skeletor both share the same arms.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
            Captain Atkin commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know. I assume those are shots of the final versions. Odd that they wouldn't give Skeletor his normal arms, as many figures share that design.

Easy pass. He-Man looks wrong... like he is too happy and has a perm. Saved me $300.
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Come on, who could resist that hairdo? It's a brilliant fusion between Luke Skywalker's and Justin Bieber's!

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post

Deal breaker.
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Now this is something that I could see attracting new fans to the line. They have a nice vintage look to them. I will be buying these, for sure.
          “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

$75 each. I wonder what the shipping will be? Easy pass for me - these were not exactly met with great excitement.
            “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
            Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

We wants them, we does.....my preciousssssss....:P

Comment

TOYNEWSI.COM has just posted some pictures of the Giants figures. Interesting choice of packaging!

Also, Skeletor does come with his regular arms!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	MOTUC07__scaled_800.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	21620

Name:	MOTUC06__scaled_800.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	21622

Name:	MOTUC08__scaled_800.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	21623
                “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

It's comparison time!!

Hahahahahahaha!! That head is ridiculous! It looks like a happy, sweet old lady with a perm.

EPIC FAIL!!!

Comment

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    LOL, now I really see the difference!... Here sonny, come and have a cookie...
                    Last edited by Mechanizor; 07-24-2014, 07:28 AM.

• Croc-O-Bite!
                    Croc-O-Bite! commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks like an armored up Bea Arthur!

• Draego-Man
                    Draego-Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Bea Arthur! Bwahahahahahahaha!!!

He-Man's face/hair look really bad. Skeletor's face is also mispainted. I'd be curious to see Mer-Man though, if they get to him.
                  Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Whats up with Granny Head He-Man!?!?

Comment

That head sculpt is truly awful,but i find the TG/Mattels business sense a little off with these large figures,three weeks ago TG was asking why we wouldn't buy mini masters at $30 dollars and now they touting $75-$80 figures.Not for me,expecially as it looks like only half a power sword.

Comment

...um...no thank you.
                        Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

What in the Sam Hill happened to He-Man's friggin' head?

Comment

• Draego-Man
                            Draego-Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Instead of being "classicized", it's been "grannyized"!

With all this marvelous technology that could just scan and make a 3D model of original figures head... HOW DID THEY BOTCH IT?!??!? Why the hell do these cost so much anyway? Is there someone at Mattel who hasn't bought a boat yet?
                          Last edited by D.M.; 07-24-2014, 01:14 PM.
                          “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

I could sculpt a nicer turd than those heads.
                            “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

They even screwed up the card back. Battle Cat? What? How about the original 8 Back you morons!

Also, I guarantee the other two figures are MAA and Mer-Man. Why? Most reused parts.

Beast Man and Stratos would mean a new chest and arms, Zodak a new chest, and Ram Man all new parts. All MAA and Mer-Man require is new heads and new armor.

Comment

• Draego-Man
                                Draego-Man commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Highly unlikely. They said 4 figures, that's it.

• Matthew L. Martin
                                Matthew L. Martin commented
                                Editing a comment
                                And what's Ram-Man doing there? He doesn't show up until Wave 2!

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                No you are wrong. I just recieved a personal e-mail from Toyguru. Battle Cat was intended to appear on the original 8 back, but the final art was not approved in time. So instead, his spot was filled. This is a much toiled over attempt by Mattel at correcting a very well known 30 year old mistake.

Mattel intends to fix the past 5 years of errors in the next 74 years, and continue to produce MOTU product and media as demanded by the fans of He-Man.org.

You can also expect the higly fan demanded Yellow Vest wearing Warrior, as he appeared in the mini-comic with an awesome rope accessory. He will come with at least 6 inches of rope! That's alot of rope to swallow! Every orger who has waited patiently for Yellow Vest wearing Warrior can happily tug their ropes all night long!

Extra rope extensions will be provided in the 2020 Weapons Pak, which will feature other items from MOTU mythos, such as The Diamond Ray of Disappearance and, and yes, more rope! Exclusive packs will feature a pacifier, molded directly from Scott Neitlich's thumb, so you can your Baby Skeletor can get some serious Night Lickin' on as you cuddle and relive the glory of MOTUC with your fav Filmation heroes!
                                Last edited by Sky Runner; 07-25-2014, 06:22 AM.

I've been trying to find the South American and Euro vintage bootleg versions of these for a few years now (still am), and kind of sick of the hunt for ones in decent shape, that aren't melting or chewed by wild dogs... So I'm probably getting all four of these.

He-Man's head just isn't right though- and neither is Skeletor's IMO. And it might make me not pull the trigger on these when they go onsale. How can you mess that up? Just do an exact repro of the vintage heads. Someone at Mattel got sculpt-happy- or ego happy. I assume 4H had no participation on these as the sculpts have that soft, Matty "Who cares about quality, let's go get some burgers" house style. Battle Cat on the 8-back cardback? That's just plain dumb. The 8-back is iconic and legendary and a simple Google Image search shows that. Everyone in the US has a smartphone, there's no excuse for that type of stupid rookie mistake when you have a digital dictionary of MOTU details in your pocket, 24/7. When Star Wars does their repro 12-back products, no one swaps the Stormtrooper for the X-Wing on the back.
                              “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                                Battle Ram Man commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Yes, the 4HM confirmed they had no involvement in this. Mattel can't do anything right on their own.

ROFL! In the direct comparison that new He-Man head looks bloody stupid!

Comment

• JimPansen
                                JimPansen commented
                                Editing a comment
                                The face indeed but his hair is stolen from one of the golden girls!

• D.M.
                                D.M. commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Channing Tatum with a bad wig. :P

• Dark Angel
                                Dark Angel commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I will not tolerate anyone insulting The Golden Girls. They all had much better hair than this thing. No, this is Channing Tatum's face with Carol Channing's hair...

Well these will be a want but in now ways a rush! But I'm holding on to the hope that the other two will be their right hand men: Man At Arms and Beastman!

Comment

Originally posted by Nemisythe View Post
                                Well these will be a want but in now ways a rush! But I'm holding on to the hope that the other two will be their right hand men: Man At Arms and Beastman!
                                Knowing how cheap Mattel is, probably they would reuse the same bucks for the next two characters; Man-At-Arms and Mer-Man is also my guess, much like Draego-Man's before me!

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                  Mechanizor commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  HAHA, I was wrong here too. The next in the line are Beastman and Stratos!

What wasted opportunities. Instead of these they could have made any of the vehicles/creatures people want. $75 for each of them what a joke

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X