Snake Armor He-Man & Battle Armor King Hiss Two Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake Armor He-Man & Battle Armor King Hiss Two Pack

Snake Armor He-Man and 200X King Hiss look amazing especially the snake form of the king. Until I watched the walkthrough with Toyguru where he said that due to costs the snake form will not be included in the 2 pack but will be included with another figure by the end of 2015???? What kind of load of crap is that? He already slashed costs on white mailers that look like something pulled out of a toilet now. In the end we will get figures with no packages,weapons and armor at $40 US. Just a bare buck figure. Enough already with cost cutting. I am sure that this figure that will come with King Hiss snake form will either be a worthless figure nobody wants or highly overpriced as usual.

I think that caught everyone by surprise. He's saying it was a cost issue, and perhaps it was. I'm guessing that this is going to be packaged with a smaller character to justify that toy's price.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
      I think that caught everyone by surprise. He's saying it was a cost issue, and perhaps it was. I'm guessing that this is going to be packaged with a smaller character to justify that toy's price.
      Or packed with Sssqueeze as an oversized figure!

Comment

I could be wrong but I thought he said it was a space issue? As a subber it doesn't bother me that the piece will be coming with another figure. I do feel for all the non-subbers who has to buy 2 items to complete that hiss.
        “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

It's a cost issue - I mean there were like at least 100 deco hits on the control panel of the Battle Ram alone (check the walk through video) I assume each scale on King Hsss and each hair on He Man's head is a deco hit too. They cannot just give these toys - sorry, high end adult collectibles - away. The need to cost these out properly.

Comment

I don't think it's a cost issue because the 2-pak is part of the sub. It was my understanding that they cost out the complete sub and not individual items. Items with little deco and few accessories (like Oolar) help pay for items with many accessories and lots of deco (like this 2-pak or Rio Blast). Judging by everything TG has ever said about how the sub model works, it should make no difference whatsoever which figure the snake form comes with and they might as well just include it in the 2-pak. I tink it's just a strategy to get people to sub. much like a BAF.
            Spirit, Charger and Arrow for MOTUC!

Comment

Originally posted by Eterni-or View Post
              It's a cost issue - I mean there were like at least 100 deco hits on the control panel of the Battle Ram alone (check the walk through video) I assume each scale on King Hsss and each hair on He Man's head is a deco hit too. They cannot just give these toys - sorry, high end adult collectibles - away. The need to cost these out properly.
              That's only an excuse Toy-Guru keeps spewing on those who don't understand the painting techniques used. They don't paint each scale individually, they use brushing and pressing techniques to get the desired effect like the chainmail armors similar to Blade's or the checkered pattern on the Cosmic-Key for example.

Comment

• Draego-Man
                Draego-Man commented
                Editing a comment
                I think he was being sarcastic!

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                Honestly I wasn't too sure if Eterni-or was or wasn't! Plus I replied when I was about to go to bed! ;-b

It doesn't make any sense. The cost is spread out on the whole year's roll-out of figures so with that you have some of them costing less and others costing more... but in the end they will all come out at the same price point. Do you really think Mantenna costed the same as Jitsu?

What I'm saying is that the snake torso has already been paid for within the whole year worth of figures, to put it in the two-pack or some other figure should be irrelevant.

More and more shenanigans...
              “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• Grayskull's Lost Son
                Grayskull's Lost Son commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what I was trying to say in my post above

• barrasco
                barrasco commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, I only saw your post after I wrote mine.

• Grayskull's Lost Son
                Grayskull's Lost Son commented
                Editing a comment
                No problem I just thought maybe I didn't express very well what I was trying to say because English is not my first language

so in other words, snake form will be packaged with a figure they know is gonna be a complete flop and have to get some reason for people to buy it.

Comment

• He-man121
                He-man121 commented
                Editing a comment
                Exactly!!!! just like Sky High and a third MAA figure.

• Nemisythe
                Nemisythe commented
                Editing a comment
                Just like that Filmation Hordak head which will probably come with Hurricane Hordak...

The snake form is to also ensure that people who signed up for oolar don't cancel their subs after March
              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• barrasco
                barrasco commented
                Editing a comment
                It will certainly allow them to put on a BS move down the line.

What did you expect from this company at this point? Of course we've been TAKEN FOR THE ASS!!! It is what they do best. I mean we should give them credit... it takes a lot of planning to come up with new ways to **** us over again and again and again.
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

The snake form is part of Neitlich's DNA, and probably he got a venomous divine vision from his reptilian lords to pack it separately to honor them by poisoning people's MOTU spirit and shell more money as part of their sacrificial ritual demands...

Comment

King Hsss' snake form will probably come with Perfuma, Buzzsaw Hordak or something.

Comment

• Nemisythe
                    Nemisythe commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think the Filmation head is coming with BS Hordak.

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
                  King Hsss' snake form will probably come with Perfuma, Buzzsaw Hordak or something.
                  One idea I saw that I actually like was packing it with a Captain Randor, as a nod to the DC series. I wonder how removable that central head is going to be; if it's on the standard ball joint, you could stick Randor's head on Hsss' body to recreate some of the freakiness in issue #11.

Comment

• Draego-Man
                    Draego-Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nope........ good find!

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    A good possibility...

One figure I could see them packaging the snake form with would be a Goddess 2.0. It has been rumored that she is coming, and this would certainly help make her more marketable.
                  "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                    Battle Ram Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope so. It'd be great to have a solid Goddess to pose alongside Alcala He-Man

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Another good potential packaging idea...

I'm glad I have no interest in this two pack. I'd be pissed
                  Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Ram Man View Post
                    I'm glad I have no interest in this two pack. I'd be pissed
                    I would have considered the 2 pack, if it was a complete product and not some Troll Scoot Nutlick money scam. Do you honestly, truly believe anyone else in a suit at Mattel makes these decesions? No.

They're not sitting in a room with a Castle Grayskull with a Spector perched on the throne, that's Scoot's play room, and the decisions to remove said piece and package it with something down the road was his. No one else.

Today's troll was brought to you by the letters T and R and "LOL" and by Orgers, who lke Toyguru.
                    Last edited by Sky Runner; 07-28-2014, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Funny thing,this all goes back to the fans allowing him to make these decisions,the minute he started talking about cost cuts and putting weapons into weapon packs to sell them e.g.Draego man and Strobo's accessories,all the fans turned over as a community and said give us it all,well here we are same trick,stick the demanded item with the fodder the list is endless,Filmation Power sword with flogg,WTF,Sled with sky high,new sled with back of the ram(he knew people wouldn't buy another sled after last years slow sales),Battle damaged Faker head with NA skeletor,most likely the snake form will come with a figure that's gonna cost about 10 bob.
                      And that's why i'm done with this line cause i ain't gonna buy his dross for the 1 or 2 figures that i want,they're just ripping us off now,how many figures have flaws and likely that number will rise as the price goes UP,yeah $30 dollar figures that fall to bits,are constructed with reverse shoulders and forearms,constantly have loose joints,cut accessories,again the list is as endless as the tricks we allow(ed) him to pull on us.

Comment

This would have been great to "upgrade" the weak snake form from original King Hiss. But instead Scott uses it to manipulate fans to overspend. I am sure wherever this shows up will be increased in price to "compensate" by $10 or $20. Anyone who defends this is just plain wrong. Why do people believe him at all, in any way? I don't buy all of these "cost issues" that seem to only turn up.... ...when the customer can be fleeced for something they ask for and really want... This type if thing will never, ever, stop. This isn't "just big business" its Scott and greed and fandom being taken advantage of, because we allow it. Look at the 2 heads on Oolarr and the rest of the year's figures. There are no "cost issues" its GREED issues. They know we're dumb enough to sub and fall for the lies so why stop now? This is what giving these guys our money blindly gets us, folks.
                      “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Well thank god the line ends next year!
                        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

...just wait until everyone finds out Hsss' shoulders are still reversed...
                          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                            Well thank god the line ends next year!
                            I wish it didn't end, and it doesn't have to end, it's still really popular. Do 1-6 figures a year, make them preorders, and it keeps going. But I guess somebody didn't get his way again and is taking "his" line and ego and going home. Making it so you have to spend half a G to get one or two figures a year, and pretending things were sold out when they weren't even close, didn't exactly bring new customers to the table. Neither will a gimped 2pack like this one.
                            “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Out of all of the figures shown in the reveals last week, the one that I was most excited about was the Snake Armor He-Man & Battle Armor King Hiss Two Pack. I love the 200x cartoon, and always wanted to see these two versions of He-Man and King Hiss released. I think both look great (although they put He-Man's shoulder armor on the wrong shoulder at the convention). On the downside is the issue with the snakes not commingling with the two pack (which is weird), but at least we know that they will come with another figure. With any luck, he will come with his snake armor shield too that was seen in the cartoon. Overall, I am very excited to be getting these two figures next year.

http://news.toyark.com/2014/07/25/sd...a-panel-129111
                              “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Ya know, when you see Oo-Lar and Snake Armor He-Man side by side, you have to wonder what each one of them actually 'cost' to make.

This is the He-Man variant I've been wanting since I first signed up for Club Eternia

Comment

Lord knows I'm the last to show love for Scott but holy shit- people are PARANOID as ****. I guarantee you that Mattel execs higher than him are breathing down his back about cost vs. profit margins and the 2 pack is already deco and sculpt heavy as it is. Not everything with Scott is always a ruse- although a lot of it is.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X