The Fwoosh Eldor review!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fwoosh Eldor review!

The Fwoosh have posted a review of Eldor! You can read the review and check out the cool pictures by clicking HERE!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mattel-Masters-of-the-Universe-Classics-MOTUC-Eldor-Review-spell-cast-592x378.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	23133
    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Is it me or does by him having an upper and bottom lip visible make him look really weird? He looks like he was part of the Rise of the Apes.

Comment

...that...really looks kinda awful.

FIrst thing, yes, there is something seriously wrong with that lower face sculpt, and I am not entirely sure what it is. If those are supposed to be lips...that's ugly. If they aren't, then...well, what are they? The patchy beard really doesn't work for a wizard, either.

Then we have the now-standard "I am putting my arms down!" oversized vest, only it looks even more ridiculous because it's supposed be cloth, not armor. And it clearly only reaches his waist with lots an lots of careful posing and massaging. On top of that, there's the not really up or down hood/collar...thing sculpt - because what is that supposed to be on his back if his hood is on? Then the hood itself is kinda puny and doesn't really integrate with the thick, rubbery vest thing or with his head - I mean, I know he's a wizard, but how, and more importantly why, is his hood hovering like six scale inches above his crown?

On the subject of integration, are we supposed to ignore the fact that his shoulders and everything from his pelvis down looks like an entirely different, less-detailed toy was surgically grafted to him? Its like a first-try kitbash custom - its very good for what it is, but you want me to pay for that? Like, actual money? The shoulders might have worked had the biceps been sculpted to look more like full sleeves rather than hugging the his burly old wizard muscles (because that's a thing...?), but that didn't happen.

So other than that...the details look nice, where they exist at all. The book and staff are particularly great looking. If his ankles actually support him, I suppose we'll slot this one in the "win" column - at least as compared to the baseline of quality this line has fallen to.
      Last edited by Dark Angel; 08-07-2014, 04:19 PM.
      Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Taken for the ass!
        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

“Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

Another day, another blunder.

Scott Neitlich is an idiot.

I'm out.
            “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Someone should ask Matty when we are going to get regular Eldor... I mean I guess it is cool to get the Monkey Lips Eldor variant, but it would be nice to have the regular version as well.
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I kinda get a homer Simpson vibe. I do wonder what that is about, as it's the only "flaw" I can see. I keep thinking it's a strange lighting/angel optical illusion effect. That or this was Ruben's uh "Exit strategy"

(warning Foul language. NSFW or small kids...unless you want to laugh at them mimicking the foul language if so, grab your two year old and hit the link...)

Other then that, he is pretty co...er, uh, I mean...That is to say, it is otherwise very awesome!

Well, it would have been nice if the book wasn't blank I suppose in Classics living spells are written in Acme brand disappearing ink? Or perhaps this is the "Book of He" and has yet to be written? I hope Somebody make a cool 3rd party holographic or sticker for something. Not that we should have to at these prices, but whatever
                Last edited by Shawn; 08-08-2014, 08:13 AM.
                Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Damn, once you see those Simpson Lips, you can't unsee them.

I still dig the Merlin helmet, it works.

Not a keeper for me, so I am not that invested.
                  “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                  Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I know, I didn't see them at first as I was looking at the crease as the bottom of his bottom lip, but now all I see is monkey lips.

Comment

Aaaand this is why it's good that the line is ending.

It's like Scott saw this and decided that Eldor should make that face:

Last edited by D.M.; 08-08-2014, 07:40 PM.
                      “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X