Pixel-Dan's MOTUC Madame Raz & Broom figure video review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel-Dan's MOTUC Madame Raz & Broom figure video review

For a Filmation character, I think she looks great. She doesn't fit in with the MOTU characters, but she works for POP.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

She looks good for a Toy, but she's too Disney for my taste, not just her, but also Orko, Loo-Kee, Kowl and the other shenanigans ...

Comment

Garbage.

Also, how is it that we can get a fully Filmation character like this but not a Filmation Hordak head as that would supposedly violate the aesthetics of the line? Yet another bald-faced lie.
        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          I would make a signature out of this particular lie (and other lies too) in my account at the Org if someone assures me that I won't be banned!...

Stand her next to say Gwildor and Eldor and it's obvious there's just no such thing as the "Classicizer Machine". Or if there is - it's clearly broken.

Comment

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it has been broken a while ago! The only thing we've been bombarded with is lie after lie after lie!

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
        Garbage.

Also, how is it that we can get a fully Filmation character like this but not a Filmation Hordak head as that would supposedly violate the aesthetics of the line? Yet another bald-faced lie.
        If you keep recycling ToyScrewYou's lies for him, he won't have anything to share with He-Man.org when he pops on to feed his flock.

Comment

I don't like how her legs are out to the sides. I still think she looks too fat.
          “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• PhantomZodak
            PhantomZodak commented
            Editing a comment
            she doesn't even stand like that in the cartoon so while they went for cartoon accuracy they still screwed it up with her legs & her wings (because that does not look like a cape)

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
          This was explained a long, long time ago on RGD podcast, by one of the 4H. They mentioned that the two main "sources" of the direction and look for MOTUC were the cardback cross-sell artwork for MOTU and NA, and for POP, the vintage style guide. Since the POP style guide kind of has 2 different art styles inside, both Filmation cartoon and Mattel illustration-style, depending on the character, they would go with a "realistic version" of the girls, as that is how they are depicted in the guide, and when given a chance to make them more like Filmation, as there hasn't been cartoon-accurate POP figures. And for folks like Razz, which don't have a vintage toy or any "realistic" Mattel artwork, they would go cartoon. I believe they even discussed that they would go this route with Razz. I am pretty sure this was around the time of Bow and the minor controversy regarding his detailing and design.
          “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Originally posted by _RZ_ View Post

This was explained a long, long time ago on RGD podcast, by one of the 4H. They mentioned that the two main "sources" of the direction and look for MOTUC were the cardback cross-sell artwork for MOTU and NA, and for POP, the vintage style guide. Since the POP style guide kind of has 2 different art styles inside, both Filmation cartoon and Mattel illustration-style, depending on the character, they would go with a "realistic version" of the girls, as that is how they are depicted in the guide, and when given a chance to make them more like Filmation, as there hasn't been cartoon-accurate POP figures. And for folks like Razz, which don't have a vintage toy or any "realistic" Mattel artwork, they would go cartoon. I believe they even discussed that they would go this route with Razz. I am pretty sure this was around the time of Bow and the minor controversy regarding his detailing and design.
            I think what Draego has implied was that it's actually possible to get a true Filmation look without the rhetorical bullshit that comes out of Neitlich's mouth about the unified look of the Classics is what prevents to design certain characters based on their original source!
            Last edited by Mechanizor; 08-12-2014, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Yes, that is what I meant. As in we don't need lies and excuses for why a true Filmation Hordak head was not made when there is clearly a precedent within the line for a true Filmation look. My god, we even have had a Filmation sub, so the fact that he tried to lie his way out of Mattel cheaping out on the Filmation Hordak figure blows my mind!
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X