X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oo-Larr is jacked!

SDCC Prototype heads...

Jacked up heads shown on Facebook...

Yet another figure ruined by Matty's bullshit.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

And then look at these bloody god damn responses on Matty when people have complained...

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/5371010478

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/4081010478

Is it even possible that this Catra's Wrath person is truly that stupid that she doesn't know what these people are asking? Like seriously, you would have to be really, really, really dumb. This is pure trolling. My god I HATE this company.
    Last edited by Draego-Man; 08-12-2014, 06:29 PM.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
      Croc-O-Bite! commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing new from Catra's Wrath. That Mattel employee has proven their sheer & utter stupidity time and time again. Catra's Wrath is the reason why I stay away from that board.

• PhantomZodak
      PhantomZodak commented
      Editing a comment
      i can't even read those because that bish banned me years ago.

• teemu81
      teemu81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep! Catra's Wrath is a stupid as they come.....Double speak is typical from Corporate Mattel .Toyguru has learned to be a master of double speak.The Mods over on Matty are nothing but butt kisser's and get off on banning people for telling the truth.

Does anyone have any close-ups? I am having a hard time seeing the blasphemy.
    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Are you guys talking about both heads or the one with the shorter hair?

Comment

• Draego-Man
        Draego-Man commented
        Editing a comment
        Just the vintage head.

Am I missing something? The Facebook photo is kinda blurry, but the heads look good to me.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I don't see a problem here. Both heads look fine to me.

Comment

I looked at both these sets of images, and they both look like the same product. I fail to see what the issue is.
          Last edited by Sky Runner; 08-12-2014, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I really don't see any issue. The prototype heads just had better paint jobs. That is always the case. These photos are all somewhat fuzzy, but I do think the heads look great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10448686_10152617213819844_9209856456325109517_o.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	23423

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

The different lighting angles seem to make the lines of the face appear harsher in the Facebook picture, but that's all I can really see. Maybe the paint is a bit less sharp. Sorry, can't get onboard this particular outrage boat...
              Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

I don't really see what the difference is between what was shown in the SDCC slide, the SDCC booth, and these FB pictures, except the FB looks production.
                “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Now, what exactly is the issue here??

Comment

The issue is this looks awesome...

And what we are actually getting looks cross-eyed with big thick Double Trouble eyebrows.

Not AT ALL the same head.

How is it that most of you can see reversed shoulders but not the profound difference in the prototype head and the final version?

JACKED!!
                    Last edited by Draego-Man; 08-12-2014, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                      Captain Atkin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The head itself looks the same to me. It is just the paint applications that are different. On the prototype head, the skin is painted. On the production head, it is only the eyes and eyebrows that appear to be painted. Even the hair looks unpainted, which may be the case. The plastic has a more glossy look to it with the camera flash. Hopefully we will see some better pictures soon of the finished product.

I agree, the original prototype head looks a lot better, but the final toy version doesn't look that bad if you consider that he went for a facial and a botox treatment!

Comment

• Draego-Man
                      Draego-Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly!!!!

He looks kind of like the jacked up Frosta now. lol.

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                    How is it that most of you can see reversed shoulders but not the profound difference in the prototype head and the final version?
                    Because this is an issue entirely based on your personal preferences. It is neither weak ankles, nor brittle plastic we're talking and therefore not an issue to me and most others in this thread.

The proto always has the superior paint job, I've never seen it the other way around.

Comment

Name:	He Man & Battle Cat_blog 2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	23486
                      Vintage Head - Right

Name:	10348659_589918794457571_8326932831772683828_o.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	23490
                      Custom Head - Right

Name:	giant-heman-sdcc-2014-comic-con-mattel.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	23489
                      MOTU Giants Head - Wrong Click image for larger version

Name:	Oo-Lar_001_newsPage.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	23480Prototype Head - Right

Name:	image_761.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	23482
                      Final Head - Wrong

​I never said it was weak ankles or brittle plastic... yes it is an aesthetic issue, where the head went from awesome to wrong, much like what happened with Frosta.
                      Last edited by Draego-Man; 08-12-2014, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Now, I am no stranger when it comes to slamming something. BUT, I need side by side shots of the heads. The same heads, not some evolution.

Give me the pics, state the case. Right now, I have no real idea what the rage is about. Seriously. Help me to see it.
                        “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                        Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                          Mechanizor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Probably both have the same sculpt, however the paint job is obviously different. Regardless, it all comes to a personal preference I think.

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          The photos are taken from 2 different angles. One has a softer light, with the chin facing upwards, the other has harsh light casting shadows under the brow.

If you were to lower the angle of the second head, and position the light source above him, facing downward, you would have your 'badass' look.

Its basic photography lighting techniques. Maybe you should do more research, because no one else sees the big screaming issue that you do.

• Mechanizor
                          Mechanizor commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Sky Runner, no need for the unnecessary education, a bunch of us are artists and are a bit aware of the lightning techniques, thank you.

The final head looks cross-eyed, with thick eyebrows and not as angry and badass.

I guess the consolation is that it will be easy to make a custom MOTU Burt head.

Comment

I still don't see where your anger comes from. What I see is a different angle, different lighting but it's still the same sculpt.

Comment

• Barnster
                            Barnster commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You know, if I want to see flaws in every figure, then I'll most likely find them. Just saying.

• He-man121
                            He-man121 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hey Barnster,there are flaws in every figure.....like them all

• No-Ah
                            No-Ah commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, I think it's the same head at a different angle in different light. It's certainly the same sculpt.

I don't think anything we've seen yet is a final production piece. Out of all the new reveals from SDCC, everything for the rest of 2014 were final production pieces, everything for 2015 was still in the resin prototype stage. I seriously doubt we're going to see anything for 2015 in the final production stage until we know for sure if the sub is confirmed.

I wouldn't bring out the pitchforks just yet

Comment

• DrPAYNE
                            DrPAYNE commented
                            Editing a comment
                            OK sure, if you say so. I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist. ...especially when it comes to toys.

• GREP-A-TOR
                            GREP-A-TOR commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh, you are of the Conspiracy Theory ilk. What's your org name? Can I also say that I don't believe in Apologist Theories?

• DrPAYNE
                            DrPAYNE commented
                            Editing a comment
                            My org name is the same. What happened, I thought the sub was a lock? I guess it's just a conspiracy right?

It's very likely that it seems odd due to different angle and lightning conditions.
                          “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Draego-Man
                            Draego-Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Either way, that face is fugly and for a "vintage" head, it sure misses the mark.

I can kinda see what Drego-Man is saying. It does seam a little bit "off" or different. Certainly some of it is just imperfect lighting, odd angle and general photography skills. (I'm not the best at taking toy pics either for what that's worth) Some of the differences can be attributed to the standard hand painted prototype VS Final mass produced figure.

IMO The 2nd (Final?) face looks thinner and the hair bigger then the proto face. I would guess this has to do with the cutting of the tooling pattern and the Design Team playing around with the digital 3D scan of the 4HM handmade sculpt. Like they where trying to "correct for shrinkage" of the tooling pattern? I'm no expert mind you. That's just a guess based on what little I understand of the action figure making process.

Is it flaming pitch forks and Smores at the brunt lot in El Sugendo time? No. It's just It's irksome...it's annoying. It is kinda like Frosta, because once again we have NOT 4HM Mattel design team screwing up 4HM prototype perfection for the millionth time.

Another possibility is that it's an optical illusion caused by a smaller head on the body of a figure we are use to seeing a larger head on? If your not familiar with Smaller head Syndrome, look at a 2009 figure's head compared to a 2014 figure's head: notice the difference in proportions? This just might be that. :-/
                          Last edited by Shawn; 08-15-2014, 05:43 AM.
                          Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

• Draego-Man
                            Draego-Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Exactly. Thank you.

• He-man121
                            He-man121 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I see where Draego-mans coming from as well,we can argue about angles and lighting all day but the final product head is a lot narrower,the mouth itself is smaller and narrower,the cheek bones are flatter,the eyebrows are terrible and the face is a lot shinier compared to BA He-man's arms and legs.

With the last set of pictures Draego-Man posted, I can see it.

I thought maybe it was just that the whites of his eyes are painted (which often makes vintage he-man look "wrong"), the angle of the photograph, or maybe the gloss of the head molded in-color vs. painted. But no, He-Man's head is just too thin and looks like a different sculpt.

It has a similar feel to the sculpture that NA He-Man or Jitsu have, rather than the Alcala Skeletor head / 1982 style/feel which the prototype had. The hairpiece looks the same, but the head looks really different. It's like his jaw isn't square enough, and his eyes are too close together.

I don't think it's a "conspiracy" (one of the most ignorant things to say IMO) or that Draego or anyone else was "looking for something, anything, to pick on." It's there if you look at the pictures, it looks like another bait and switch, and it sucks. If you don't see it, don't agree, or aren't detail oriented enough to notice or don't care, fair enough. I didn't see it at first, and we won't know "for sure" until next year, but look at the eyes and jaw and you'll see it's definitely not the same as what we were shown at SDCC.
                          Last edited by _RZ_; 08-15-2014, 04:09 PM.
                          “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I'm not seeing the issue. Final is always a little less awesome than prototype. Sculpt is the same. Unfortunately the face is shiny. Paint isn't as expertly applied, but that's the difference between the assembly line and the lady who does paint for the 4HM
                            Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

1. Barbecue17: Oo-lar was one of the best reveals at SDCC and one of my most anticipated figures in this line. So where does the name come from? I've heard rumors that it was originally a misspelling of Mo-larr that fans jumped onboard with. Is that true or is there some other source for origin the name?

Despite the persistent rumor, the "jungle/mini comic He-Man" (who is clearly NOT Prince Adam!) was always named Oo-lar for Classics and his bio/name was written back in 2009. The name comes from looking for a "jungle" like name and is a bit of an homage to popular Jungle hero screams and jungle noises animals make. His only relationship to “Mo-Larr??? is that both characters naturally use the MOTU naming convention of adding a “ar??? or “or??? at the end of the name. Quite a lot of figures have this. But Oo-Lar was named by Mattel and Mo-Larr was named separately by Robot Chicken in their sketch years ago. There is no other relationship other then both being “MOTU names??? using MOTU naming conventions.
                              Total bullshit. Scooter is such a liar. Why can't he let this go? We all know the truth. Someone needs to ask Robot Chicken where they came up with the name Mo-Larr, and if they say "we wanted to name the character after an obscure character that no one had ever heard of". Then TG is not lying. But what they will say instead is that they thought Mo-Larr (as in 'molar') was a funny take on the MOTU brand, but the name needed to be stylized slightly for people to get the joke. Seriously, I'm so sick of this asshole's lies. Why can't he fess up for once that he screwed up and then rather than waste the misfiled copyright, he decided the name might work for this character? If he was honest about it, that is actually a much cooler story (except for the fact that Scott is so unlikable has a human being).

The other part of this is, why the hell would Mattel copyright Oo-Larr 6 full years before we are actually getting the figure? It's not like anyone knew the name and would be jumping to use it. They missed the boat on other figures like Ninjor and Double Trouble, which clearly people actually were familiar with, and in the case of all other figures in the line they haven't filed trademark notices until about a year before the figure comes out... this is one of the key ways people have been accurately guessing what figures we will be getting.

The only conclusion that any reasonably intelligent person could make of all this is that Scott is flat out lying. Yet he continues to lie instead of coming clean. Why? Because he and Mattel have made it abundantly clear over the past few years that they think their fans are a bunch of idiots who lack any reasonable intelligence. Funny thing about that is, when it comes to the ORG, they've just about got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post

Total bullshit. Scooter is such a liar. Why can't he let this go? We all know the truth. Someone needs to ask Robot Chicken where they came up with the name Mo-Larr, and if they say "we wanted to name the character after an obscure character that no one had ever heard of". Then TG is not lying. But what they will say instead is that they thought Mo-Larr (as in 'molar') was a funny take on the MOTU brand, but the name needed to be stylized slightly for people to get the joke. Seriously, I'm so sick of this *******'s lies. Why can't he fess up for once that he screwed up and then rather than waste the misfiled copyright, he decided the name might work for this character? If he was honest about it, that is actually a much cooler story (except for the fact that Scott is so unlikable has a human being).

The other part of this is, why the hell would Mattel copyright Oo-Larr 6 full years before we are actually getting the figure? It's not like anyone knew the name and would be jumping to use it. They missed the boat on other figures like Ninjor and Double Trouble, which clearly people actually were familiar with, and in the case of all other figures in the line they haven't filed trademark notices until about a year before the figure comes out... this is one of the key ways people have been accurately guessing what figures we will be getting.

The only conclusion that any reasonably intelligent person could make of all this is that Scott is flat out lying. Yet he continues to lie instead of coming clean. Why? Because he and Mattel have made it abundantly clear over the past few years that they think their fans are a bunch of idiots who lack any reasonable intelligence. Funny thing about that is, when it comes to the ORG, they've just about got it right.
                                I actually wanted to post about this yesterday, but then again I was too tired and said to myself; why bother, TG's lies will never end... Anyhow I'm glad that you brought it up so others can see how Neiltlich's brain is mangled with crap!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X