Club Eternia Subscription Extended - Fri, Aug 22 to Mon, Aug 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club Eternia Subscription Extended - Fri, Aug 22 to Mon, Aug 25

It is being reproted that the subscription only reached 90%. From Mattycollector.com:

"We’ve got a special note from ToyGuru!

Hey He-Fans and She-Ravers,

We are sooooo close! 2015 subs ended with about 90%. A great showing but not quite close enough to go forward. With the end of the vintage line (redone in Classics) in question, we truly do believe in our fan base. We’re going to reopen the subs for an extension window from Friday, 8/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT through Monday, 8/25 at 11:59 PT.

Now is the time to rally! If everyone who sub’d last year would renew, we’d be golden. If you’re on the fence or were thinking of cherry-picking, remember… if the sub does not get that last critical 10% there won’t be a line to cherry-pick.Club Eternia

So please, let’s all come together! All MOTU fans of all eras truly make Classics the greatest MOTU (if not all brands) toy line of all time! I know we can do it! If you’re holding out, remember, unlike any previous year you pretty much know exactly who you’re getting, with our absolute promise to finish the vintage MOTU line, MOTU variants, original POP characters, and A-list New Adventures and media characters.

Let’s come together and make this happen! We really believe in our fans, and we’ve got one last chance. All our cards are on the table… it’s time to go all in!

Subscriptions open Friday, 8/22 at 9:00 a.m. PT through Monday, 8/25 at 11:59 PT.

Here’s (hopefully) to a great 2015!

Scott “ToyGuru??? Neitlich"
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

10% of subscriptions are still unsold. None of us know what that 10% number really represents. It could be a few hundred subcriptions, or it could be in the thousands. Scott wants our help in promoting and selling these things while he is on vacation, but he won't be straightfoward with us about how many subs need to be sold. If 2978 subs are needed to be sold for the MOTUC line to continue, then simply tell us. If you really want our help, treat us with respect and give us an actual number.
    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Plus this is BS. This is the last year of the line and they KNOW that they can count on nostalgia and fan mania to rally in even more subs after the clock has chimed. There is no risk for them in doing this in terms of crying wolf and pissing off fans because the line is done after this anyway.

This is all about greed.

We've already made it, the line is going forward. End of story.
      Last edited by Draego-Man; 08-19-2014, 07:32 PM.
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• deano_ue
        deano_ue commented
        Editing a comment
        agreed, the idea that this line needs a final push when 90% of a goal has been reached is just pure and simple greed. i wonder if someone was gonna get a nice little bonus if a certain number was reached

• Shawn
        Shawn commented
        Editing a comment
        That's something I hadn't considered because I still think 2016 is an option...It just wouldn't be CALLED classics...

For legal reasons we do not disclose production quotas. This is propitiatory information to Mattel.
      Total Bullshit.
      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        Especially when they are begging fans to help promote the brand online for better sales.

• Shawn
        Shawn commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a trade secret right? They just don't want Hasbro to know, therefore they "can't" tell us?

So much for scaring people into buying the sub before it reaches its quota!!!... Probably the last 10% TG is asking for was part of their extra pocket money!

Comment

• teemu81
        teemu81 commented
        Editing a comment
        yep! probably his money BONUS

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
      Probably the last 10% TG is asking for was part of their extra pocket money!
      This is what I was thinking too. Afterall, those family vacations during crunch time don't just pay for themselves!
      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

I don't get why does he go on vacation NOW of all times? That's like opening the retail vacation window during the Christmas season.

I think the sub is going through regardless, they just want more money for more projects like Mini-Masters, The Giant Vintage figures, more subs and stuff like Baby Skeletor.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
          I don't get why does he go on vacation NOW of all times?
          I think TG did the same thing during the 2013 or 2014 sub drive, he should've at least kept his mouth shut or commissioned someone to carry on his tasks. But trolling himself in that manner would only bring out some of the worst reactions from fans!... He just simply doesn't give a **** of how people would react!!!

Comment

• Shawn
            Shawn commented
            Editing a comment
            I've "taken a vacation" from the community about this time the last few year as well...I'm only in this now due to the unscheduled overtime LOL. I don't blame him for taking a vacation, I just wish he'd make it a permanent vacation and STFU...
            Last edited by Shawn; 08-20-2014, 07:19 AM.

10% is about 650 subs needed for it to go through...this weekend to do it...

Comment

Originally posted by teemu81 View Post
            Did anyone out there leak or announce the sub total was about 6500?

Comment

• teemu81
              teemu81 commented
              Editing a comment
              yes...the quantity trick was used and the est subs was 6,000+....plus Toyguru said every 65 Subs sold equal 1%

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the info...

• No-Ah
              No-Ah commented
              Editing a comment
              I suspect the quantity trick was measuring the STANDS, not the subs. The trick stopped working when the stands were removed from the equation. The real number would be higher, maybe 8-10,000

I heard about this earlier. Neitlich and Matty must really need the dough, since they are going beyond the deadline. They never did this with the DC Universe sub, or the Ghostbusters' Ecto-1pre-order... Then again Ive always believed that Neitlich and Matty, just wanted the DC Universe and Ghostbusters movie subs to die... They instead care the most about their own creation which is MOTU. It seems that the Mafia-like scare tactics by Neitlich (and the other gangsters at Matty), of "blindly sub or die" wasnt as effective as previous years.

Comment

Why this line got special treatment and DC wasnt given the same attention is crazy. Ive been hoping this sub wouldnt go through in part because ive had it with guru and those zombies at the org. Once this line dies many of those followers will go away, then maybe ppl will once again have conversations about the great things that motu once was and is. It just seems that as this line has progressed, the talk has just gone south. I think a lot has to do with the arrogance that guru has. Once he is out, motu will be great once again. As long as motuc is around so will scott, and he is one person that needs to be gone.

Comment

• Shawn
                Shawn commented
                Editing a comment
                If you feel that way Jsting, then why not talk about something else? I feel your pain, Trollguru can be mean and careless...but only you can choose to talk about what you talk about. I would love to read about what you think about MOTU. About what you like and why you like it.
                Last edited by Shawn; 08-20-2014, 08:29 AM.

• No-Ah
                No-Ah commented
                Editing a comment
                DC only had 63%. They weren't going to rally 37%. 90% is very different.

• Shawn
                Shawn commented
                Editing a comment
                and 90% isn't the 97% that POP sub sub was...However what are those percentages even of? Nobody knows

Jumping off the last two comments, If it was JUST about MOTU though, why don't we have something like MOTU.com instead of Mattycollector.com?
              That's where I have trouble with the "they want to kill the line"...But then I remember when I collected DC at the time...It did FEEL LIKE they where trying to kill the line...

Originally posted by Black Zodac View Post
              10% of subscriptions are still unsold. None of us know what that 10% number really represents. It could be a few hundred subcriptions, or it could be in the thousands. Scott wants our help in promoting and selling these things while he is on vacation, but he won't be straightfoward with us about how many subs need to be sold. If 2978 subs are needed to be sold for the MOTUC line to continue, then simply tell us. If you really want our help, treat us with respect and give us an actual number.
              I agree 100%. Could you imagine if PBS or Church did there pledge drives like this?

Originally posted by teemu81 View Post

the quantity trick was used and the est subs was 6,000+....plus Toyguru said every 65 Subs sold equal 1%
              I still don't understand any of all that...I'm not "calling BS" or anything, I'm still looking for clarification on how ANY of that can logically sustain Mattycollector.com and MOTUC, especially since the egregious lost revenues and from all the unsold Ghostbusters and DC stuff that has landed at Big Lots and the like.

But then, there in lies my problem...I keep thinking I can understand Mattel's logic. Stupid me.

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
              I think the sub is going through regardless, they just want more money for more projects like Mini-Masters, The Giant Vintage figures, more subs and stuff like Baby Skeletor.
              Agreed. And if that's true, it makes the lack of honesty even more perplexing. Being transparent about that would lead to GOOD PR IMO.

You know what I would perfer? A good ol fusion fundraiser to help save "mattycollector" or MOTU or Scott's Job or whatever like the .Org did in the past. Everybody got something cool for donating what they could! I got some MV Creations He-man.Org exclusive comic covers! If they want to do a kickstarter, why not just do a ****ing Kickstarter instead of playing games?

But more to the topic at hand:

I spy with my two eyes, the justification for why weapons and extra heads are cut and paint apps reduced further. I see the red hearing for why a 100% tooled figure like Blast Attck or Squeeze are pushed out to 2016. Which, can happen since they are not legally bound to make them in 2015! I also see why, in 2016 the Son of He-Man line that replaces MOTUC will be mostly low tooled and zero tooled designs, without weapons and sold in plastic baggies for $30 sub price. LOL
              Last edited by Shawn; 08-20-2014, 08:21 AM.
              Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                Hmmm, another interesting way to look at what could happen.

• Novelty
                Novelty commented
                Editing a comment
                Fuerza-T mini sub 2016!

why didn't they make & use a picture like this to promote the sub? (stolen from FB)
              http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
                why didn't they make & use a picture like this to promote the sub? (stolen from FB)
                It costs tooling money, and they wanted fans to create it and promote their sub for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
                  It costs tooling money, and they wanted fans to create it and promote their sub for free.
                  Haha I was just going to say the samething. That seems to be the only answer by Neitlich for everything he's ever asked, he should put music to it. Mattel is supposedly the wealthiest toy company in the world, and they are always acting like they are barely squeezing by...

Comment

If the sub really doesn't make it then Mattel has no one to blame but Toy Guru. He spread MOTU support too thin across Classics, Minis, Diaper Skeletor, and Giants. Think of all the wasted resources on the latter three, and how many more subs would have sold if people didn't buck up for this crap. What a total jackass. Fans should be furious with him... yet again.
                    Last edited by Draego-Man; 08-21-2014, 02:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                      If the sub really doesn't make it then Mattel has no one to blame but Toy Guru. He spread MOTU support too think across Classics, Minis, Diaper Skeletor, and Giants. Think of all the wasted resources on the latter three, and how many more subs would have sold if people didn't buck up for this crap. What a total jackass. Fans should be furious with him... yet again.

Exactly! That guy always claims that stuff cant be done due to limited resources and SKUs... But then he turns around and released stuff that no one (except himself) has asked to see made. If he wouldnt have wasted SKUs on his 30th Anniversary "creations", the vintage figures would have all been made by this year (maybe last year). And we would have probably gotten Filmation and 2002 versions of MOTU characters. Its amazing how Neitlich hasnt been removed from Mattel yet, hes the company's Gilligan.

Comment

• Shawn
                        Shawn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Gilligan? No That would imply he is not in control of the situation. Scott's The Skipper. Gilligan is...Well. No, NM, that would be childish of me...

(it's days like this when I think we are all the cast aways stuck on Gillian's Island even when we aren't on that Island. Or maybe where stuck in LOST? That's it isn't it. THIS, being a MOTUC fan stcuk at 90% for all eternity...That's pergatory of us isn't it. DAMN! I wish it was Survivor, at least then I could be "voted off" or walk away I dunno. whatever.
                        Last edited by Shawn; 08-21-2014, 06:00 AM.

Guest commented
                        Editing a comment
                        @ wallbie Haha I forgot all about that one. I havent seen that one ever since I a kid, and would watch re-runs of it on TNT. Your explanation even furthers my belief of Neitlich as Mattel's Gilligan.

@ Shawn In terms of rank on the MOTUC brand, yes Neitlich would be "the Skipper". But due to his poor and ridiculous antics, Neitlich is only Gilligan... The higher-ups at Matty being "the Howells", with all of the dough that they rake in yearly....

• Shawn
                        Shawn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I guess that makes the Four Horsemen The Professor, Ginger and Marry Ann. You know, "the move star" "and the rest"

Better safe than sorry!
                      http://tinyurl.com/mq4su7l

Comment

• Mechanizor
                        Mechanizor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Ok now, that's funny!

• Novelty
                        Novelty commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I just picture Nietlich's head on the chopping board. That was funnier

if that is suppose to read as "Mattel is killing the lien" It's still wrong, because the subject isn't the brand, clearly it can't be since we still have other Matty.com from thouse brands to look forward to. (DC Ultra heroes didn't even get a sub I don't think...)

it's the subscriptions that's on the chopping block, not the brand. You should have used the "club this" and "club that" logos. But then it's propaganda, it's isn't intended to be accurate or relevant by it's very nature...

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
                      "for legal purposes" because if fans spread the rumor that "we know what we are getting" then "legally speaking" Mattel, potentially avoids legal fees and court drama...Mattel saying it makes it true, but I'm sure quoting Scott makes me a conspiracy theorist in their minds...
                      Last edited by Shawn; 08-21-2014, 05:50 AM.
                      Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

The timing is very bad to announce this Doomsday figure. People will say it is "proof" that MOTU is not in danger and the figures will be produced even if the sub doesn't go through.
                        Spirit, Charger and Arrow for MOTUC!

Comment

The line is fine. They say 10% to go, but won't give us actual numbers because it is supposedly "proprietary information"? BS! It could be 10 more subs or 10,000 more and we have no way to know... this is nothing more than a last ditch effort to steal more of peoples' hard earned money... but a sucker is born every minute, and the ORG seems to be populated by them.

Comment

• teemu81
                            teemu81 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Many suckers on He-Man.org who are buying extra subs in attempt to "save the line".I seriously doubt there are enough idiots out there to do it.Buy what you want,but don't buy subs just to think its going to make some difference....too funny

The sub is a go.

A sale was announced and a deadline was set. If there was a deadline then it means that they either get it to go or it gets cancelled. If they didn't cancel the line then they are probably just lying and this is nothing more than a move to try and squeeze a few more subs. I'm not even discussing the 90%, all I'm saying is that they could go on with the sub and have the rest for DOS. Maybe Scott just wants to hit tier 2 so that he can get a mini sub to further introduce his horrible Son of Nietlich fan fiction to the brand/line/style.

Personally I don't give a rat's ass if it goes through or not since I don't want any figures, I only want Oo-larr so that I can put the extra head on my He-man and that's it. In fact, I would prefer seeing it on sale during the next SDCC, I would be able to get it cheaper. So relax people, you'll get your collection "complete" by the end of 2015.

And yes this is a conspiracy theory, hopefully there's no dorkmann here to delete this post!
                          “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by barrasco View Post
                            The sub is a go.

A sale was announced and a deadline was set. If there was a deadline then it means that they either get it to go or it gets cancelled. If they didn't cancel the line then they are probably just lying and this is nothing more than a move to try and squeeze a few more subs. I'm not even discussing the 90%, all I'm saying is that they could go on with the sub and have the rest for DOS. Maybe Scott just wants to hit tier 2 so that he can get a mini sub to further introduce his horrible Son of Nietlich fan fiction to the brand/line/style.

Personally I don't give a rat's ass if it goes through or not since I don't want any figures, I only want Oo-larr so that I can put the extra head on my He-man and that's it. In fact, I would prefer seeing it on sale during the next SDCC, I would be able to get it cheaper. So relax people, you'll get your collection "complete" by the end of 2015.

And yes this is a conspiracy theory, hopefully there's no dorkmann here to delete this post!
                            I agree with everything that you said. I thought to myself "whats the point of a deadline for the sub, if they are going to do whatever they want anyway". If the sub really "failed" then that should have been it, and they should have the done quarterly stuff for the figures they already have made.

Im also one of the people that are indifferent about the sub going through or failing. The only figures that I want are "Oo-larr" (what a ridiculous name) because of the heads, Glimmer's mother, the 2002 He-man vs King Hsss (the other Hsss doesnt look as intimidating), and any Filmation versions of MOTUC characters. Other than that, the prices have been pretty outrageous since they went above $20 (at least for people like me that arent rich), and the $20+ prices have never matched the quality of the figures...and digital river's shipping racket doesnt help...
                            Last edited by Jason Todd; 08-21-2014, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                              They say 10% to go, but won't give us actual numbers because it is supposedly "proprietary information"? BS! It could be 10 more subs or 10,000 more and we have no way to know...
                              Nobody gives out their numbers, except for Kickstarter-types and limited edition type stuff. So that's not unusual or bad, nessesarily. What is bad is when the unknown "numbers" are used to justify bad decisions, or to poorly answer a Q&A.

Originally posted by barrasco View Post
                              I only want Oo-larr so that I can put the extra head on my He-man and that's it.
                              I think it was a mistake to make him the exclusive, vs. another figure. I totally would have bought a bunch, to fully Mini-Comicify He-man, also could have used the bodies for jungle custom barbarian figures. I can't be alone in this desire to have a tribe of beefy dudes with spears to surround Beast Man or something.

So Scott Toyguru got a vacation? Good for him. Does he deserve it? That's kind of a cold question to ask, everyone deserves their private life and time. If the sub was ever in any chance of not going through, we would have gotten the hard-sell again this year like all the years before, do you really think he'd go on vacation instead of doing that if there was an issue? Glad that he gets a vacation, I get a break from the hard-sell, and everyone knows that the last year will go through. Even a few extra days to sign up if you want to. Good for everyone I think.
                              “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X