A message from the Four Horsemen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message from the Four Horsemen

The Four Horsemen released an official statement today on their Facebook page about the 2015 subscription:

2015 MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE CLASSICS SUBSCRIPTIONS!

Hey all of you Masters of the Universe Classics fans out there! Well, as I’m sure you’re well aware of by now, we got some pretty unsettling news this week. Even though during the San Diego Comic Con it looked like the 2015 Club Eternia subscriptions were selling really well and it looked as if we were going to sail really easily right through the end. We were all amazed at the huge amount of support fans were showing for the line. The 2015 Club Eternia looked like such an early success at that point that we’d even already been discussing with Mattel what we were possibly going to do with 2016 MotU Classics line-ups.

Unfortunately, things seemed to have stalled out just before the end of the original end date for the subscriptions, and we ended up about 10% short of the goal needed to make the 2015 line a reality. We’ve seen people speculating that this might be some sort of ploy by Mattel to boost sales even farther over the percentage needed, but that’s simply not true. We discussed the actual numbers with Scott Neitlich (Mattel’s own ToyGuru) yesterday, and we can assure you that we are indeed just a small amount short of hitting the goal needed to make the 2015 Club Eternia subscription happen.

We’re about 90% there and we just need one little extra bump to get us over the edge. Obviously that’s where you come in, He-Fans and She-Ravers! If you’ve already bought a 2015 Club Eternia subscription – thank you! But your work here isn’t done. Please help to spread the word and let other people know that it’s not to late to jump onboard and help to make MotU Classics one of the most spectacular action figure lines in toy history.

The 2015 MotU Classics: Club Eternia subscriptions are going to re-open tomorrow, Friday, 8/22 at 9:00 am pst, and close on Monday, 8/25 at 11:59pm pst

I mean c’mon… Did you ever think you’d get a Madame Razz or Broom figure in MotU Classics? What about Lizard Man? Gwildor? A New Adventures She-Ra? That awesome Tung Lashor? Mermista? The fan-chosen Huntara? If we don’t make that subscription happen some of those figures may never see the light of day, and we might have to shave O-Dawg’s head just to make us all feel better.

So please, if you can, go over to http://www.mattycollector.com/ tomorrow and sign up for your MotU Classics: Club Eternia subscription! Let’s wrap this thing up with a bang, not a whimper. Thanks a TON!!

Jim, Eric, Cornboy, Shane, Sherri and O-Dawg

-FOUR HORSEMEN TOY DESIGN-
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Of course they have to say this kind of stuff, arent they employed by Mattel? The part that stands out the most to me is:

"We’ve seen people speculating that this might be some sort of ploy by Mattel to boost sales even farther over the percentage needed, but that’s simply not true. We discussed the actual numbers with Scott Neitlich (Mattel’s own ToyGuru) yesterday, and we can assure you that we are indeed just a small amount short of hitting the goal needed to make the 2015 Club Eternia subscription happen."

I find it interesting that they bring that up, specifically... If theres no "conspiracy" then why do they even touch on that?? What else are they going to say... If that claim were really not true, its not like they will throw Neitlich head first into the swarm of angry fans, by admitting that there was indeed some "underhanded" stuff, behind the scenes of Mattel.

Comment

• Shawn
      Shawn commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they are class acts, They call it what it is, "speculation." People are going to that. Some of the speculation is going to be correct, and some of it not...The 4HM are not looking to make enemies by calling their customers and fans "conspiracy theorist"...

But why say anything at all? Perhaps it's true, perhaps they are just playing ball? Who knows. The 4HM are usually straight shooters...but every once in a while they are used to spread a lie, though unwittingly IMO. Though I don't think the 10% thing is a lie in and of it self, just the significance of it and weather it's make or break the line as a whole...That's the issue that is being clouded by the emotion of fear and annoyance...

• Black Zodac
      Black Zodac commented
      Editing a comment
      The Four Horsemen are contract workers. By this point, they would have already been paid for most of their work (if not all) on the 2015 line. I think this is a genuine and understandable message from them. As artists, they want to see the figures they designed get made.

I hate having to question the Four Horsemen, I really do because they have been one of the only consistently positive forces in the MOTUC process, but why would Scott share any numbers with them if they are contracted only to design the figures? Scott has maintained that because of Mattel legal, no numbers or process or logistics can be shared outside of his world.

Are the Four Horseman not independently contracted to design the figures? Or are they now Mattel employees and part of Scott's department? Or have I not been paying attention?

Comment

• Black Zodac
      Black Zodac commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think Scott would have any issues sharing the numbers with them because they are under contract. If they breached that contract by revealing the numbers to fans, they would probably get in shit for it from Mattel Legal.

Originally posted by Beastmangler View Post
    I hate having to question the Four Horsemen, I really do because they have been one of the only consistently positive forces in the MOTUC process, but why would Scott share any numbers with them if they are contracted only to design the figures? Scott has maintained that because of Mattel legal, no numbers or process or logistics can be shared outside of his world.

Are the Four Horseman not independently contracted to design the figures? Or are they now Mattel employees and part of Scott's department? Or have I not been paying attention?
    No subs, means not much work for them, perhaps!
    But this is like the third year where we keep hearing the same type of cries...

Comment

Oh, this again? I'll just leave these here.
      Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
        GREP-A-TOR commented
        Editing a comment
        Holy crap, I learned that Chicken Little was known as Henny Penny. Also, that there is an African restaurant named "Chicken Licken".

"It is not Gorpo" ...

Wasn't the explanation for this that Scott lied to the 4H about the UNO? I can only see three possibilities here as far as the sub is concerned:
      1. The 4H lie just like everyone else at MAttel and have done before with their "It is not Gorpo" statement.
      2. Scott is lying to everyone, including the 4H and has done so before with regards to the UNO not being Gorpo.
      3. Everyone is telling the truth.

I don't care any more which is true. I think the sub will go through and if it doesn't I'mk still happy to get my Ninjor.
      Spirit, Charger and Arrow for MOTUC!

Comment

• Shawn
        Shawn commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the difference between this and "it's not Gorpo" was that was just CB's personal account saying something on Emiliano's wall (IIRC)
        Sometimes people repeat things that they THINK is true.

• Black Zodac
        Black Zodac commented
        Editing a comment
        From what one of the designers said who work for the Four Horsemen, Cornboy didn't know that TUO was Gorpo. I don't think that was a lie on his part. I think Cornboy genuinely believed that at the time.

• Grayskull's Lost Son
        Grayskull's Lost Son commented
        Editing a comment
        Black Zodac, my point is that we may have a similar situation now. The 4H might genuinly believe the line is in danger even though this might not be true.

Originally posted by Jason Todd View Post
      Of course they have to say this kind of stuff, arent they employed by Mattel? The part that stands out the most to me is:

"We’ve seen people speculating that this might be some sort of ploy by Mattel to boost sales even farther over the percentage needed, but that’s simply not true. We discussed the actual numbers with Scott Neitlich (Mattel’s own ToyGuru) yesterday, and we can assure you that we are indeed just a small amount short of hitting the goal needed to make the 2015 Club Eternia subscription happen."

I find it interesting that they bring that up, specifically... If theres no "conspiracy" then why do they even touch on that?? What else are they going to say... If that claim were really not true, its not like they will throw Neitlich head first into the swarm of angry fans, by admitting that there was indeed some "underhanded" stuff, behind the scenes of Mattel.
      The big reason for this 4H message is because the fans will trust the 4H far more than Toyguru. The fans already think that the sub is in no danger, so there is no need to subscribe if it is really at 90%.

Comment

If anything, I think there statement is the best one on the topic so far. It's certainly the MOST truthful and least panic enduing one I've read...Though, I think you have to read between the lines a bit to get the 4HM full meaning...

Though the likes of Original He-Man & Ninjor and a few will come out like Doomsday, the subscription model as a whole hangs in the balance of that 10%. Though not this year, but rather next... My favoriet part of that was this..

But your work here isn’t done.

indeed...

Last edited by Shawn; 08-22-2014, 12:49 PM.
        Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Sick of this BS. At this point I hope the sub does actually fail so I can save my money.
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Yeah,I am ready for this to end.I will be HAPPY getting Lizard Man and Ninjor and just calling it a day.I honestly don't want all the variants that are lined up for 2015 anyway (buzzsaw Hordak,Flying fists he-man,terror claws skeletor etc)

they need to at least sell 650 subs over the weekend which I doubt is going to happen

Comment

@ Shawn, @ Black Zodac, and @ MegaGearMax

Thanks for the info. But I have nothing against the 4H, I apoligize if it seemed as though I was accusing them- as I accuse Neilich. I just found it interesting that they decided to touch that topic, even tough its being considered a "conspiracy" by Mattel. As long as they are not a part of Negligent Netlich's many minions, then I have no issues with them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X