Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattycollector to Close Doors after 2015?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattycollector to Close Doors after 2015?

I came across this article today at Actionfigurepics.com. The article discusses the current subscription drama, and asks if it is possible for Mattycollector to survive when MOTU:Classics comes to an end after 2015.

You can read the article by clicking HERE!

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

There's still the Son of Neitlich line coming in 2016...
    “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• Captain Atkin
      Captain Atkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm sure he would like that to happen, but at the end of the day it is Mattel's call.

• Shawn
      Shawn commented
      Editing a comment
      And by his own statement, they already dashed his hopes of the Fall of Eternia transmedia project...I wonder if anything besides a King He-Man mini figure and the "homecoming" mini comic will be featured in the darkhorse book?

The crap with this line has seriously made me consider if I would buy another Motu line. Big changes like getting rid of the Gollum,DR,commiting to keeping all the figures to the same standards ie paint apps. Guess we'll find out later what's happening.

Comment

I'll say this: If Mattel decides to cancel 2015 with something north of 90% of their target subscription goal reached, it will generate a lot of bad blood. I understand them doing everything they can to push things up over 100% (short of the brand manager actually showing up for work) but if at the end of the drive, it only hits 95% or 97%, or even 93% and they cancel? The fallout with be serious.

Comment

which is why the whole situation is so untenable and people are suspicious...Well, at least us "conspiracy theorist" Subscription + DOS has kept the line alive this long, What's another year? The problem is all the speculation when, we know nothing. We don't know what 90% of X? is... We have mathematicians using "the cart trick" to solve for X when they aren't even considering Y the free stands? The whole thing is (to quote an outside observe I love dearly) "****ing bonkers!, you all need to get a life!" I couldn't argue with THAT logic!
        Last edited by Shawn; 08-25-2014, 01:53 AM.
        Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

We KNOW they're not completely honest with us. I've had two posters tell me they've seen sculpted versions of the 200X characters for the mini-sub, but Scott claims they haven't begun sculpting?

That said, I don't doubt there is a minimum and I don't doubt that they failed to hit it while the brand manager was away on vacation.
          Could they move forward with a frown at 90%?
          Probably. BUT it kills the approval for bonus releases, out-of-sub stuff, and really hurts whatever they want to do for 2016.
          I don't blame them for trying to get the final subs.
          Last edited by No-Ah; 08-25-2014, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• teemu81
            teemu81 commented
            Editing a comment
            would you have to know the 6 figure 200x list? some-one at the Org claims to have a list of the 6 figure 200x mini sub that's coming up in February.I got banned on Matty for leaking the rest of the 2014 lineup....banned for being right on the money

• No-Ah
            No-Ah commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told, "Evil Seed, Ceratus, Callix, Kulatak Elder, Prahvus, Veena

It might actually be in that order. "

And that does seem likely to me. Of course, we would hope to also have a sub exclusive.

Sorry to hear that you got banned.
            Last edited by No-Ah; 08-25-2014, 02:33 AM.

• Novelty
            Novelty commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd sub 3x for that 200x sub!

I don't either, but the years of deception is just catching up with them as more and more people walk away...

Even when Scott tells the truth, who can be sure that it is? That's probably what is going on. the whole "10% gap" has a ring of truth to it...Perhaps, but why not just say "what's in danger is the 200X ad on sub, and X, Y , Z" instead of "the sky is falling, the sky is falling everybody, ask your mom to sub!" ??? I honestly don't know what to think at this point? One way or the other, hopefully it will be over my tomorrow. My mom's tired of hearing about it

if we do get that 2015 200X sub, I'm counting on Figures being $30 sub prince and $35 DOS.

Last edited by Shawn; 08-25-2014, 02:26 AM.
          Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

The numbers are all too round.

Last year was "115%" and when we asked him what was added when they opened it up again, he said "5%." And now this year, it's "About 90%" Too round.

I do believe there was a shortfall. He's got waaaaay too much egg on his face for being AWOL during the sub failure (for a second year in a row) for it not to be genuine. But I distrust round numbers.

Comment

Ehh, I won't be crying any rivers if Matty's shutting down or MOTUC is finally done without 2015. I could waste my time and money on a lot of more meaningful things to me these days... However, I'll always be a MOTU fan.

Comment

• He-man121
                He-man121 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here,Motu will always be a number one line for me but the last two or three years have really dented my love for it...so heading back to collecting/finishing off my vintage collection,try and recapture what's been lost.
                Good riddance to the sub and all the "i'm a subber i want more" idiots that ruined the line.....

oh yeah and Spector

• barrasco
                barrasco commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd say you'll be a better MOTU fan.

LFE, here are the facts:

1. We know they were at 90%
              2. We know they opened it for a couple of extra days
              Based on 1 & 2,
              3. We are at greater than 90% now, let's call it 90+%

Here's what we can speculate:

a. Will they cancel the sub at 90% even if it's less than 100%? The clear answer is no. There's money to be made after all from the 90% of the subs. They can always sell the non-sub figures as day-of. Also, they have invested a lot of money into mattycollector.com, so to abandon it now would be money wasted. Also, remember that contract with Digital River? They can't get rid of Digital River however bad DR is because of the contract, so if they don't have anything to sell on mattycollector.com, they might still have to pay Digital River based on the contract... so they might as well sell something on mattycollector.com. Also, what's Scott Nitlick's job? He's the brand manager of MotUC and... uh... nothing else. If MotUC dies then he'd be out of a job. Based on a above, we can conclude that: They opened the sub for an extra couple of days because they wanted more people to sub, i.e. a cash grab, because they subs are going ahead anyways and they line will not "end" until the end of 2015 as promised. This is not a conspiracy theory.

It doesn't matter what is 90%, and what is 100%. To speculate that is futile because there really isn't any difference between 90% and 90+% and 100%. Also, we know that 1% = 65, so 10% = 650, 90% = 5850 and 100% = 6500
              “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• Shawn
                Shawn commented
                Editing a comment
                I think you for got to carry the 1, solve for Pie or something to do with whatever an hypotenuse is. That's probably why it was 100.09%

Originally posted by Novelty View Post
              There's still the Son of Neitlich line coming in 2016...
              Man, if that happened and the 2015 subscription didn't, the fans would NOT sub in protest.

Comment

Originally posted by Novelty View Post
                LFE, here are the facts:

1. We know they were at 90%
                2. We know they opened it for a couple of extra days
                Based on 1 & 2,
                3. We are at greater than 90% now, let's call it 90+%

Here's what we can speculate:

a. Will they cancel the sub at 90% even if it's less than 100%? The clear answer is no. There's money to be made after all from the 90% of the subs. They can always sell the non-sub figures as day-of. Also, they have invested a lot of money into mattycollector.com, so to abandon it now would be money wasted. Also, remember that contract with Digital River? They can't get rid of Digital River however bad DR is because of the contract, so if they don't have anything to sell on mattycollector.com, they might still have to pay Digital River based on the contract... so they might as well sell something on mattycollector.com. Also, what's Scott Nitlick's job? He's the brand manager of MotUC and... uh... nothing else. If MotUC dies then he'd be out of a job. Based on a above, we can conclude that: They opened the sub for an extra couple of days because they wanted more people to sub, i.e. a cash grab, because they subs are going ahead anyways and they line will not "end" until the end of 2015 as promised. This is not a conspiracy theory.

It doesn't matter what is 90%, and what is 100%. To speculate that is futile because there really isn't any difference between 90% and 90+% and 100%. Also, we know that 1% = 65, so 10% = 650, 90% = 5850 and 100% = 6500
                I'd love to see Mattel refund 90+% of their goal to the customers. I think they are way too greedy for that to happen. If this 90% thing is accurate, TG will figure out some way to cut corners to make it work.

Comment

Fact. We were never stuck at 90%. This was always a lie intended to drum up more last minute sales. As Noah pointed out, this is way too round of a number. The sub was never in danger and it will go through just fine.

Also check this out... http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/7441095478

Click image for larger version

Name:	cbp79_002_newsPage.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	25191

Sub is going through. End of story.
                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

It Doesn't look like the Sub is going through....I'm OKAY with it!

Comment

Biggest effect on me is I'll get Oo-Lar for DOS price instead of inflated price. I still wish it would go through though
                      Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• No-Ah
                        No-Ah commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah, if he goes for sale DOS and there's no sub, I'll grab at least 5....

• Riding Ghost
                        Riding Ghost commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was hoping for a sub failure for this exact reason...

It's all hogwash whether it goes through or not, and stupid people will believe they need to buy something they can do without in order to save the line! Pffft, I just can sit right here and only laugh at those who are so naive.

If you have the extra money, don't waste it on a MOTUC sub that someone told you you need to buy, go help someone in need or invest it in something you truly can benefit from.

Comment

• Jsting
                        Jsting commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That is one of the most intelligent comments i have read in all forums since this sub doomsday started. So many people are purchasing extra subs that they will not be able to pay for. One poster said if the line fails he will catch up on his credit card payments. Wow!!!

• teemu81
                        teemu81 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Exactly! people buying extra Subs for what??? Some guy buys 17 subs,and then buys another because his hospitalized wife tells him to help save the line? lol The idiotcracy amazes me

• Mechanizor
                        Mechanizor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This is really sicking!... Why someone needs to buy that many subs especially knowing that most of those figures are some D list characters except for the variants and might be hard to resell!... Either he seriously needs a psychiatric help or simply filthy rich who doesn't know how to utilize his money!... Yes we all have our bad habits and vices, but that's just an overkill IMO.
                        Even if he gets to donate most those toys to some kids charity, think of the money that he already spent on those subs that could've reached some of poor kids who would've benefited directly from it .
                        I've donated LEGO sets to Toys for Tots and other charities to bring some joy to kids who couldn't afford them during the holiday season, but nothing as insanely as that!!!
                        Plus LEGO is timeless and a well know product that could be used for generations unlike MOTU which is more or less an 80's old child's vanity!

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
                      If you have the extra money, don't waste it on a MOTUC sub that someone told you you need to buy, go help someone in need or invest it in something you truly can benefit from.
                      I'd say don't waste it in order to save that guy's job. The same guy who will lie to your face and play games with your money... yeah I'm talking about Trollguru.
                      “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

It's all hogwash whether it goes through or not, and stupid people will believe they need to buy something they can do without in order to save the line! Pffft, I just can sit right here and only laugh at those who are so naive.

Exactly!! It's quite depressing to see how people who can't afford it feel the burden of saving the line, and TG is ugly for perpetuating that myth. Preying on the emotionally vulnerable is a consistent trait of his.

Comment

• teemu81
                          teemu81 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          there is a definite unhealthy obsession with this line.

Originally posted by Robzy View Post

Exactly!! It's quite depressing to see how people who can't afford it feel the burden of saving the line, and TG is ugly for perpetuating that myth. Preying on the emotionally vulnerable is a consistent trait of his.
                        The way that guy seeks to take advantage of others is sickening. But hey, you're only a fool if you want to right?
                        Last edited by barrasco; 08-25-2014, 11:38 PM.
                        “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

We all know that TG is a scumbag salesman liar, that's a given these days and he has been caught on many occasions, but what about those who support his schemes by trying to push his BS thinking it's for a good cause without knowing the real facts or seeing the factual real numbers he keeps claiming he cannot share with others due to company's policies, how could they just endorse such a liar?

Sad sad sad I tell ya...
                          Last edited by Mechanizor; 08-28-2014, 06:29 PM.

Comment

When MOTUC ends, I'll be happy to see the end of mattycollector. It's an awful website. I do not have fond memories of the white screen of death and glitchy ordering sytem and crappy bandwidth. I will only miss MOTUC.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Hear hear...

We all know that TG is a scumbag salesman liar, that's a given these days and he has been caught on many occasions, but what about those who support his schemes by trying to push his BS thinking it's for a good cause without knowing the real facts or seeing the factual real numbers he keeps claiming he cannot share with others due to company's policies, how could they just indorse such a liar?

Sad sad sad I tell ya...
                            Oh Mech, please don't ever use that word on this forum. You see if you do use it here the self appointed internet ORG Nazi police will ban you from an entirely different website. Not only that, they will also arbitrarily ban other users and administrators from this website for not deleting your post immediately. Never mind that you might have posted this in the middle of the night when other people are sleeping and might have missed your post, and of course never mind the fact that it is a freedom of speech principle and people here don't feel the need to censor you... forget all that, you will face the ban hammer, because ORG Nazi moderators are so totally ****ed in the head that they think it is their god given right to moderate this forum too.

Insanity you say? Shades of 1984 you say? Totally bat shit crazy Stupid Mutha Fakors you say?

Not to worry, this is all a hypothetical made up scenario and any similarities to real events where HMW admin and Emiliano might have been banned from the ORG for the exact same use of the word scumbag are completely unintentional.
                            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              LOL... Oh yeah, TG and those Godly moderators are indeed scumbags, scumbags, scumbags. Let it burn baby for all I care, how's that? ;-)

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                            Sub is going through. End of story.
                            Called it. Just call me the New Nostradamus because this was soooooooo hard to predict.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Now tell me if I ever gonna be a filthy rich person owning a couple of islands with a yacht and owning a garage filled with supercars just by collecting and selling toys? ;-)

Matty hopefully will close its doors when Scott and MOTUC are gone. Hopefully.

What do they have to offer beyond MOTUC? Nothing! It would be pointless to keep it up.

Then they can ditch DR and start a *real e-commerce site* that doesn't have such huge shipping charges or such bad CS.

Scott and Matty.com being gone could be a big win/win for everyone. One can only hope.
                            “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Originally posted by _RZ_ View Post
                              Matty hopefully will close its doors when Scott and MOTUC are gone. Hopefully.

What do they have to offer beyond MOTUC? Nothing! It would be pointless to keep it up.

Then they can ditch DR and start a *real e-commerce site* that doesn't have such huge shipping charges or such bad CS.

Scott and Matty.com being gone could be a big win/win for everyone. One can only hope.
                              That could happen if someone offers Neitlich a new job selling accessories to old hags on QVC, because he's such a good liar and those ladies are dumb enough to believe him.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X