MOTUC Club Eternia 2015 is a Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTUC Club Eternia 2015 is a Go!

The Masters of the Universe 2015 Club Eternia subscription is moving forward.

From Mattycollector.com:

Yes, you do have the power! The fans have spoken, and it’s official… we’ve reached our subscription goal for the final Club Eternia®! That means we’ll be seeing Lizard Man, Ninja Warrior, Huntara™, club-exclusive Oo-Larr®, and the rest of the lineup for 2015.

It’s been an amazing journey for the Masters of the Universe® Classics line, starting in 2008 with King Grayskull™ at San Diego Comic-Con, followed by He-Man®, Beast Man®, Skeletor®, and all the others leading up to this final year. We can’t wait to get started on 2015, when we’ll wrap up the vintage and A-list characters and the “Fall of Eternia??? mini comic storyline. We thank each and every one of you who subscribed and made it possible. We’ll have more news about the rest of the lineup in the months ahead, so make sure you sign up to get email updates!

Click here to register for email. Or, join us onFacebook, Twitter,Google+ and in our Fan Forums. And don’t forget to subscribe to ourYouTube channel for sneak peeks and more!

A personal message of thanks from Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich:

We Did It! No, YOU Did It!

August 26, 2014 at 12:56pm
    MOTU fans are literally the greatest on the planet! We reached 100.09% and the 2015 sub is a GO! This is EVERYTHING! This means we just unlocked and completed the vintage line in modern collecting scale and I don't think any other toy line ever has done this!

And how did we do this? You, the fans! You made this happen! Through never-ending support, fan videos, contests, and a simply unparalleled level of support from the He-Fan and She-Raver community, we are going to be able to release every figure from the vintage MOTU line, including variants (1982-1988), every original POP vintage figure (1984-1987) and all of the A-list New Adventures, mini comic, Filmation and 200X figures (as well as a few surprises!).

It also means we can complete the bios and mini-comics by releasing all three parts of the "Fall of Eternia" storyline, with issue 6 exclusive to the sub-only Oo-Lar figure and issues 7 and 8 both coming with the $60 holiday item(included in the sub but also with All Access availability).

This isn't just getting another year of toys, this is literally completing 7 1/2 years of releases, from King Grayskull at SDCC 2008 through the final figure in December 2015. We even got an amazing 6" scale Castle Grayskull, vehicles, beasts, prototype/concept figures, a huge red dragon and what is literally the greatest variety of MOTU figures ever release in any toy line! Wow!

I could not be more proud and honored to have the opportunity to work on a line like this. At this point, no idea yet on anything past 2015 (that will take some time to review) but for now we can all celebrate the fact that 2015 is for sure is going forward and by December 2015 we can all
    look at our toy shelves and feel like they truly hold a complete collection.

Special thanks to all of the fan sites, including He-Man.org, Action Figure Insider, Pixel-Dan, The Great Rebellion, Masters Toys and all the rest for their never-ending support. And huge thanks to the Four Horsemen for really coming out to post and podcast, right up to the zero hour. I am just thrilled to be part of such a group of dedicated toy fans. We deserve this and have a whole year now to rest and enjoy monthly shipments of our favorite 6" toy line.

Congrats to all and again, thank you to the fans. This toy line is for you and would absolutely not exist without your unwavering support. If there ever was a year to support, it was this one and 2015, as promised, will complete our collections. I, for one, cannot wait to look at every release and treasure them for decades to come.

We did it!! You did it! Everyone did it! What a great journey!

Forever a He-Fan,

Scott "ToyGuru" Neitlich
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

“A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL, this post sums it perfectly...

I am happy this marketing theater is over. Now we can concentrate on looking forward to the figures.????

Comment

Originally posted by D.M. View Post
      Sadly, in more ways than one...especially for the ORG crowd.
      Last edited by Jason Todd; 08-26-2014, 06:26 PM.

Comment

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

100.09%

LOL. What a farce. Suddenly we get precise percentages right down to the decimal point?

There is a song for that...

"If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

good, now i will be able to buy extras from people who bought multiple subs at below cost!
            http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Lots of Deepthroat going on over at the Org right now..

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL, man that made really giggle...

I am happy. Can´t wait for Dragstor.

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                100.09%

LOL. What a farce. Suddenly we get precise percentages right down to the decimal point?

So, here's a question... what number could they post that you would actually believe?

I don't blame people for not entirely trusting what Mattel says. There is more than enough reasons, problems, and screw ups over the years between Mattel/Matty and Digital River to not take them 100% at the word down to the letter. I take most things that we are told with a grain of salt.

But at the same time the negativity and conspiracy theories get to be a bit much when some people keep harping on them and are always going to have one no matter what info is presented. If the subs had gone through last week, Mattel would have been "up to something." But when they didn't go through and a last ditch effort to get them to go through happened instead, they were "up to something." No matter what percentage is listed, there's some conspiracy behind it. In the other thread about the extension, someone made a comment about 90% being too round of a number. Now they have a decimel point with the final percentage, and it's just something else to criticize.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Comment

As if it was in danger in the first place. Anyone who believes that nonsense is not exactly intelligent. I love how the sites he gives a shout-out to are basically the same "usual suspects" who are not exactly supportive of anyone who disagrees with Mattel or Scott.

What I do find very sad is Scott doesn't give a shout out to all the He-Man.org users who essentially paid out of pocket bribes to people to sub more than once. I mean, AFI and the other sites are paid in free Mattel product, so why not hook up the slow-bus people who paid others to join up. Give them a sticker, or maybe even a poster that should make up for the hundreds they blew on a well-know and vetted lie. The guy couldn't even shout them out by forum handle, so it shows how much TG & Matty care about "fans" they care about PR and press as shown by the thank-you list above.

It still blows my mind some people are so stupid to believe that MOTU has ever been in danger of going away- proof there is a sucker born every minute. To pay your own money because you're so paranoid about more figures... seriously, what else would Mattycollector.com sell? hasn't the line been in danger for 5 years now? Didn't they just add an incredible amount of product the last 2 years? TG took a vacation during the sub drive for crying out loud!

Anyone who thought the line was actually in danger, please, get in touch with me and sell me your collection for $1. You're too slow to live here on earth with the rest of us and don't need a MOTU collection; you need to put all the effort you can muster, to go back to primary school and go over the basics.
                  “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• _RZ_
                    _RZ_ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Anyone who wants to sell their MOTU collection to me for $1 is welcome to PM whenever they want

• _RZ_
                    _RZ_ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think myself or Draego are angry about "every little thing" because we disagree with you on one topic. The *fact* of the sub numbers really is, we don't know, and never will know, accurate numbers, unless Mattel lifts its decades-old ban on releasing sales data. And I don't see that happening anytime soon. So arguing that your viewpoint is better than his viewpoint, when neither of you has actual facts, isn't exactly positive either.

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm mostly angry at those fans who were just idiots beyond belief!

No way Classics was going down. It means that TG would have to close down Mattycollector.com, he would lose his little corner of Mattel and would have to work under someone else. That means no more spotlight and no more creating characters.

Still, I thought it was a great display of support by the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
                    So, here's a question... what number could they post that you would actually believe?

I don't blame people for not entirely trusting what Mattel says. There is more than enough reasons, problems, and screw ups over the years between Mattel/Matty and Digital River to not take them 100% at the word down to the letter. I take most things that we are told with a grain of salt.

But at the same time the negativity and conspiracy theories get to be a bit much when some people keep harping on them and are always going to have one no matter what info is presented. If the subs had gone through last week, Mattel would have been "up to something." But when they didn't go through and a last ditch effort to get them to go through happened instead, they were "up to something." No matter what percentage is listed, there's some conspiracy behind it. In the other thread about the extension, someone made a comment about 90% being too round of a number. Now they have a decimel point with the final percentage, and it's just something else to criticize.

Don't sit here and talk to me about "conspiracy theories" and "negativity" while patronizingly rolling your eyes because first of all you come across like an apologist when you do, and second of all this is a company that REPEATEDLY lies to their customers and employs a brand manager that ACTIVELY trolls the fan base.

Your comment isn't a legitimate desire to have a conversation with me, it is an attempt to slam me for calling this company on their BS and I certainly take offence. Don't like it? Well then this probably isn't the right place for you because unlike the ORG where everything is censored, this place allows people to speak their minds and comment freely.

You have heard of the fable about the boy who cried wolf right? Well that boy is Matty, and at this stage I have no reason to believe anything they say, so damn right I will criticize them on any information they put forward because every last bit of it is BS and lies and I certainly don't need you to come along to try and put me in my place for being sceptical of all the nonsense they have pilled on their customers over the last 6 years.

Good day. I said good day!

Comment

The truth is... if the line was really in any danger it would've been cancelled on the 18th.

Now they even refused to show the "we did it" picture since it had been discovered three days before the deadline.
                      “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• D.M.
                        D.M. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nah, they showed it on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MattyCollec...494844/?type=1

• barrasco
                        barrasco commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I guess they have lost their shame.
                        Last edited by barrasco; 08-26-2014, 07:36 PM.

• Draego-Man
                        Draego-Man commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Oh yeah, I forgot about that! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

What further proof do we need?

*back-pedal, back-pedal* "Er, um, well we actually waste resources and make one for both success and failure well ahead of time."

Too bad the supposed failure one never surfaced. Foooooking liars.

Anyway, how exactly are they gonna make the rest of the vintage, POP and NA and even stuff from mini comics and 200x in 1 year? And how can the vintage line up be complete without all of the vehicles and play sets?
                      “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post

Don't sit here and talk to me about "conspiracy theories" and "negativity" while patronizingly rolling your eyes because first of all you come across like an apologist when you do, and second of all this is a company that REPEATEDLY lies to their customers and employs a brand manager that ACTIVELY trolls the fan base.

Your comment isn't a legitimate desire to have a conversation with me, it is an attempt to slam me for calling this company on their BS and I certainly take offence. Don't like it? Well then this probably isn't the right place for you because unlike the ORG where everything is censored, this place allows people to speak their minds and comment freely.

You have heard of the fable about the boy who cried wolf right? Well that boy is Matty, and at this stage I have no reason to believe anything they say, so damn right I will criticize them on any information they put forward because every last bit of it is BS and lies and I certainly don't need you to come along to try and put me in my place for being sceptical of all the nonsense they have pilled on their customers over the last 6 years.

Good day. I said good day!
                        I was speaking my mind and commenting freely in my reply. You are free to speak your mind, which you did. I am free to reply accordingly, which I did. Don't sit here and preach about not censoring things while acting like I shouldn't be allowed to post in the manner that I just did.

I'm not an "apologist," and I've lodged many complaints and criticisms of Matty Collector, Digital River, and Toyguru over the course of time. And while I do think that at times we have been somewhat lied to (or in other words "spin" has been put on whatever the truth is), I still think that more often than not there is at least a nugget of truth in what we are being told.

Do I think the subs were in trouble to some degree this time around? Yeah, I do. Maybe last week's percentage wasn't exactly 90%. Maybe is was 89%, maybe it was 91 or 92%.

The audience for this line has been dwindling from year to year. The figures left are mostly D-list and below, so I can see why there would be less interest and therefore fewer people signing up.

If the whole thing of reopening the subs a few days later to let people buy more of them was just a "ploy" to make even more money, then why didn't they do that the last two years when the subs were in trouble and went through at the last minute?

You can have your reasons for not trusting them, and that's fine. But you criticize the numbers presented as though to imply that you don't trust THESE numbers, but that there is theoretically some other set of numbers that, if presented, you would trust... even though in reality there is no such set of numbers or data that you would react positively to.

You can keep posting how you do... but just know that the boy who cried wolf thing goes both ways. When all your posts is negatives to anything and everything said (not just you, by the way, yours was just the post I happened to reply to), then you don't exactly come across as someone who would ever have a positive opinion about anything related to this topic under any scenario.
                        Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; 08-26-2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

So,the gollum said a couple of weeks ago that the subs were sitting around 10% higher than it finished last year and then it finishes with only 90%,and than they re-open the sub (again),and grab another 10% and the figure they roll out is 100.09%.....

Comment

It's Mattel's policy to not release their sales data numbers. Scott has repeated this fact for years now. Any numbers that he throws out there (like this percentage #) are probably not accurate. If they were, his bosses would be all over him in a heartbeat. It's not a Matty or Scott thing; this has been in place for decades.

So in order to give thanks to our community, he's going to break precident, put his job further in danger, and damage the company, by releasing accurate subscriber data? Sure man, sure.

So anytime numbers have come up, they aren't accurate (except the matty-in-stock trick from back in the day) and no one should believe them. So just because it's sub time and he has every incentive to boost sales any way he can to earn a bonus check, that means everything he says is true? Then the oceans are made of chocolate.

So to answer your question: none. No one should believe any numbers thrown out there. There is no number I would believe, because they don't release real numbers.

And I also don't think they're "out to get us" in any way other than Scott and the team doing their best to make bonus quotas. So why do you call it a "conspiracy" if you know they do the wrong thing? There's nothing hidden, all the shenanigans are out there to see plain as day... so why do you call the people who don't believe him "conspiracy theorists" if you yourself don't believe him? As a way to put them down or belittle them for not agreeing with Scott/Mattel?

But at the same time the negativity and conspiracy theories get to be a bit much when some people keep harping on them and are always going to have one no matter what info is presented.
                            Can you share with us factual information of which "conspiracy theory" is being passed around? Anything that supports this "conspiracy theory" info you're talking about, and examples of people who are "harping on them" without reason? The org thread that "called out all the different conspiracy theories" was actually all facts, things that actually happened!

All I see is fans calling as they see it, and bringing up examples and facts. Some with respect and smarts; some with vitrol and disrespect. There's been plenty of reasons for fans to be angry, from their posts being censored, to their orders being messed up. So of course people are going to be negative when their voices are silenced, their loyalty to the line and brand being marginalized, and their legitimate customer complaints are compared to a childhood tantrum by a group of insensitive, selfish, egotistical people. Because we all know when people feel like they're being ripped off a bit, that is of course when everything becomes perfume and roses, right?

If the subs had gone through last week, Mattel would have been "up to something." But when they didn't go through and a last ditch effort to get them to go through happened instead, they were "up to something."
                            Nope, sorry, it would have just gone through, like it always does. They're not "up to something" we all know the game at this point: Scott cries wolf, fans get in a tizzy, the sub goes through. Same stuff, different day.

No matter what percentage is listed, there's some conspiracy behind it.
                            Using the word "conspiracy" would suggest that one or more people at Mattel, in secret, took actions to defraud customers. No one who talks about the sub percentage, to my knowledge, has ever suggested this. People have pointed out Mattel's no-numbers policy, how deep it has gone and what lengths they go to protect their sales data, that the "meter" was a still photo, and how dishonest the brand manager has been in the past. If it's one guy doing the dishonesty, then that is hardly a "conspiracy" by definition, is it? I'd call it "lies" but it's certainly no conspiracy.

You and many others use the term "conspiracy theory" and "conspiracy theorist" in your own definition as some backwards way to make the people you disagree with seem crazy or unstable. It is a common trick, used by some less than savory types in current politics as well as during WWI and WWII to crush dissent and open discussion in a certain european country. Sadly it doesn't work, as there is no "conspiracy" just dishonesty. Why not just debate their points instead of taking the low road to name calling?

In the other thread about the extension, someone made a comment about 90% being too round of a number. Now they have a decimel point with the final percentage, and it's just something else to criticize.
                            No, it's more lies. Do you really believe he'd post a real sales number, with Mattel's no-numbers policy? So Scotty lives in a bubble and doesn't read the internet or this site? You can listen to his last few interviews and RGD appearances and see that him and the org crew totally read this site as they mention things we've talked about here, specifically, and mock those who disagree with them. Years of people complaining about the lack of numbers, and the recent talk on here the last few weeks about how vague the percentages were totally inspired Scott to tack on a percentage point to mess with those who disagree with him.

We all have seen Scott's snarky replies online. Do you really think it's beyond him to make up a percentage point to snark out those who call him out?

I don't think so. I think it's damned if you lie, props if you don't. Scott's lied so much he can't stop at this point, so why give him the benefit of the doubt? Has Mattel really earned the benefit of the doubt at all? I think raising the price, then instantly cutting paint aps & accessories should be enough for anyone to get their head out of the sand and know they've been played, and hard. Since no one spoke out, they felt they could do it again without repercussion, so they did it again (and again...) One has to be pretty naive to take anything Mattel or Scott says at face value, and cynical and negative in the extreme to just blow it off or ignore it.
                            Last edited by _RZ_; 08-26-2014, 08:09 PM.
                            “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                              Battle Ram Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Releasing a percentage of minimum isn't the same thing as releasing actual sales data

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              All opinions are subjective MGM.
                              I myself, see a lot of the opinions here were based on facts and good analysis of what has happened in the past rather than being labeled conspiracies like some of you at the org keep spewing... However I do hope the community would see beyond their differences one day and overcome the obstacles that were put by certain high profile individuals. We all are after all passionate fans of the same property.

• barrasco
                              barrasco commented
                              Editing a comment
                              MGM I was kidding dude! I don't get why you felt the need to remind me that.

And I don't agree that the Dark Hemisphere is overly negative, it's all fun and games!

Originally posted by _RZ_ View Post
                            No, it's more lies. Do you really believe he'd post a real sales number, with Mattel's no-numbers policy? So Scotty lives in a bubble and doesn't read the internet or this site? You can listen to his last few interviews and RGD appearances and see that him and the org crew totally read this site as they mention things we've talked about here, specifically, and mock those who disagree with them. Years of people complaining about the lack of numbers, and the recent talk on here the last few weeks about how vague the percentages were totally inspired Scott to tack on a percentage point to mess with those who disagree with him.
                            I thought they were talking about Dark Hemisphere and the super angry fans who believe that everyone must be plotting against them or is getting paid somehow by Mattel. Val's avatar even reference's Widukind's shit porn ******...

I don't think so. I think it's damned if you lie, props if you don't. Scott's lied so much he can't stop at this point, so why give him the benefit of the doubt? Has Mattel really earned the benefit of the doubt at all? I think raising the price, then instantly cutting paint aps & accessories should be enough for anyone to get their head out of the sand and know they've been played, and hard. One has to be pretty naive to take anything Mattel or Scott says at face value, and cynical and negative in the extreme to just blow it off or ignore it.
                            But here's the big problem with lying so much...the man could have been completely honest with us, but since his information has been found by fans to be inaccurate so much in the past, it's hard to trust him.

It's the Boy Who Cried Wolf. When the real wolf comes to eat all of the sheep, that boy is in trouble.

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                              MegaGearMax commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The Administrator of Dark Hemisphere (Widukind is Skeletor on DH) has a habit of mentioning poop and defecation when talking about Val or Toyguru. Val's "By the Power of Poop!" avatar seems to reference that website.

• barrasco
                              barrasco commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I disagree. I think that's because of Val's actual love for poop.

• Andy
                              Andy commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I always thought it was because his ferret was named Mr. Poopy.

If its because he's baiting someone then that's really ****ed up.

Val has his faults but I thought he was better than that.

Anyway, how exactly are they gonna make the rest of the vintage, POP and NA and even stuff from mini comics and 200x in 1 year? And how can the vintage line up be complete without all of the vehicles and play sets?
                            Alot of fans don't care about buying playsets and vehicles anymore -- just the characters; they lack the space for them.

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                              MegaGearMax commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Fans on Matty, the Fwoosh, TNI and Facebook complained about having no space or interest for vehicles and playsets too. It's not just an .org thing, but with other forums as well.

A steed is important to certain characters. That's why BattleCat, Swiftwind and Pathor became essentials over on Matty. I don't know why Arrow was chosen, but I hear he was featured in Filmation occasionally.

• Mechanizor
                              Mechanizor commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Well too bad then, MOTUC as a line will never be what it is/was without the major vintage vehicles at least, knowing technology is an integral part of this universe.
                              From what I've witnessed, I think the demand for the mechanical horses (Stridor-Nightstalker), Roton, Battle-Ram and Talon-Fighter have way surpassed the demand for Swift-Wind and Arrow.

Again, if vehicles aren't for everyone, Mattel could run pre-orders and gauge the real demand but they refused to do so to this day.

• MegaGearMax
                              MegaGearMax commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Pre-orders for vehicles seem like a no-brainer, if they don't want to take any risk. However, I think Mattel won't do pre-orders because the fans would want pre-orders for everything...and obscure characters that the majority aren't feeling or things that TG would want in the sub wouldn't make it.

Playsets "double the workload", but vehicles or steeds? Stridor's mold could be re-used for Nightstalker.

According to Scott, this is all about the figures, vehicles and playsets cost too much and not as feasible, in other words, we were lucky to get one playset and 2-3 vehicles! I got a little devastated when vehicles were put on the back burner, and were replaced with stupid ugly horses and dumb cheap stands! More for their profits and less for the fans.
                            Last edited by Mechanizor; 08-26-2014, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I'd rather have more vintage vehicles than anything else. Look at vintage collections, vehicles are a big part of what makes them look awesome
                              Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Ram Man View Post
                                I'd rather have more vintage vehicles than anything else. Look at vintage collections, vehicles are a big part of what makes them look awesome
                                I would grab an Attack Trak, Talon Fighter w/Point Dread...possibly a Road Ripper, Roton and Land Shark too.

Comment

The discovery of this several days before the subs closed is all the proof we ever need that they are stupid **** faced liars! End of story. Click image for larger version

Name:	10624819_10152658068494844_2215244949854818433_n.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	24815

Comment

• Dynamo of Eternia
                                    Dynamo of Eternia commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Why wouldn't they have that ready to go? If the sub makes it at the last minute, they don't want to be scrambling around to put a graphic together. They would have that prepared.

• Captain Atkin
                                    Captain Atkin commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    I really don't see an issue with them having a banner ready to go before the end of sales was announced. Most companies do stuff like this. It was just foolish of them to have it uploaded to a website. They should have just kept it tucked away somewhere better, like on their work computer or a memory stick... lol...

• Draego-Man
                                    Draego-Man commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Exactly. It is the fact that it was uploaded is what exposes them as liars, cons and frauds.

Originally posted by Battle Ram Man View Post
                                  Me too, this is why I'm still sticking around wishing for more to make it through... I think I'm a dreamer!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X