Laser Power He-Man & Laser-Light Skeletor Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Power He-Man & Laser-Light Skeletor Thread

Over at Mattycollector.com, Catra's Wrath has confirmed that Laser Power He-Man and Laser-Light Skeletor will be part of the 2015 subscription.

Both the figures you mention are vintage MOTU characters, and the promise from Toy Guru is to complete the vintage MOTU and POP toyline characters by the end of 2015.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/2411047478
    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

So are they part of the $52 items, or the end of the year $60 item?

Comment

• teemu81
      teemu81 commented
      Editing a comment
      $60 item is Rotar and Twistoid....the $52 item is either flying fists he-man/terror claws skeletor or lazer light he-man/skeletor......then one of them will be the SDCC item

While they are coming in 2015, according to Toyguru's promise. That does not mean they are in the sub. They could be SDCC items.
    I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

$60 item is Rotar and Twistoid (will come with the last 2 comics)....the $52 item is either flying fists he-man/terror claws skeletor or laser light he-man/skeletor......then one of the two will be the SDCC item......there could be some out of the sub items in '15 aswell

Comment

Very much looking forward to these figures!
        “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Originally posted by teemu81 View Post
          $60 item is Rotar and Twistoid (will come with the last 2 comics)....the $52 item is either flying fists he-man/terror claws skeletor or laser light he-man/skeletor......then one of the two will be the SDCC item......there could be some out of the sub items in '15 aswell
          If this is an inside info, Rotar and Twistoid better come with legs and accesories for that price tag.

Comment

• teemu81
            teemu81 commented
            Editing a comment
            that's the plan

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks, I appreciate it. :-)

I look forward to getting these two figures. I just hope that they give Laser He-Man armor that that is articulated. His arm armor should be similar to MOTUC Man-at-Arms, and not a solid piece.

“The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

I would imagine it would be articulated , should be cool

Comment

I must be the only person that thinks filling up 2015 with these variants is a waste of a slot and plastic

Comment

• Shawn
                Shawn commented
                Editing a comment
                I disagree. But I do Understand why you don't care for them. You probably feel OPPOSITE to the following:

A. They look cool.
                B. Almost nobody has had them as kids so they feel "new-ish". They ARE vintage in the way that He-Ro & Eldor kind of are.
                C. They bridge MOTU and NA nicely. They fit in the style of the 1987 film... (cloth cape & cowl 4 Skels and Dolph Head on HM)
                D. They are RARE and expensive. Almost nobody has them as ADULTS.
                E. THEY LIGHT UP. Translucent plastic is cool! Energy weapons are cooler!

Granted, that isn['t going to appeal to EVERYBODY, it's Just some of the reasons I and others MIGHT like them.
                Last edited by Shawn; 09-10-2014, 07:40 AM.

Originally posted by Augenblick View Post
              I must be the only person that thinks filling up 2015 with these variants is a waste of a slot and plastic
              You are not the only one. I am lukewarm on them, I am worried that Mattel Design will "Intergalactic Skeletor" them.

This is one of them few figures I hope have the original gimmick. If they don't light up - fail.
              “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
              Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I'd much rather have the Tug-of-war yellow warrior than these two...
                “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

• Shawn
                  Shawn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Tug-O-War & Josh two-pack would be something!

Something about LL Skeletor is appealing to me. Maybe it's the weird face. LP He-Man is a bit dull, but not bad
                Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Shawn
                  Shawn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He is a little dull. I plan to add a red cape

• Novelty
                  Novelty commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He just haven't had his alcohol yet?

These are the only He-Man/Skeletor variants I really want. They're so tough to get vintage ones complete and in good shape. For years, years, I tried to get a LL He-Man with the vintage variant head. I would love it if the MOTUC versions lit up too. I get that other people don't want them or like them, but getting new versions of mega-rare things like these guys He-Ro or Tytus, and new characters, is what brought me to MOTUC in the first place.
                “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

I'm not familiar with these two variants but I don't see much difference between na skelly and LL skelly. Could they make na disks of doom skelly and still make LL out of that?
                  “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Draego-Man
                    Draego-Man commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd rather have Disks of Doom Skeletor than LL Skeletor.

• Shawn
                    Shawn commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Sculptural, LL and NA are different, however they are extremely similar. Though I've never owned one. I've held them at the same time in each hand and REALLY looked them over. I would bet, they are based on the same, or similar drawings from the same or similar artists. I would Guess "Galatic Protector" skeletor arms and legs will be used on LL skeletor in classics, and he'll get a new "skin shirt" which kills a bit of my enthusiasm for them and is probably the reason they where bot shown at SDCC... (that's just a "theory" BTW)

As with most variants, not necessary for me compared to getting unique individual figures to make this collection bigger!

Comment

The wait on these and blast attak is finally coming to an end ... I really hope to see working lights on these two guys, and i'm paying whatever if they're executed properly

Comment

Originally posted by RoboSteveo View Post
                      I look forward to getting these two figures. I just hope that they give Laser He-Man armor that that is articulated. His arm armor should be similar to MOTUC Man-at-Arms, and not a solid piece.

I completely agree! I've been trying to figure out a story rational for this though. I'm Still stumped. The Strongest man in the universe wouldn't need strengths enchaining exoskeleton, which is what that looks like to me...but that's the only thing I can think of? ...Unless he lost his unlimited strength, or this Laser Power Sword was more heavy then the WHOLE universe? *Shrugs IDK.

I'm reminded of OLD discussions and Tales of The Jedi and the original Lightsabers

Last edited by Shawn; 09-10-2014, 07:50 AM.
                      Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post

I completely agree! I've been trying to figure out a story rational for this though. I'm Still stumped. The Strongest man in the universe wouldn't need strengths enchaining exoskeleton, which is what that looks like to me...but that's the only thing I can think of? ...Unless he lost his unlimited strength, or this Laser Power Sword was more heavy then the WHOLE universe? *Shrugs IDK.
                        Shock absorption/energy containment for the backwash you get when you use the Power as the Sword?

(Skeletor, meanwhile, is using the bionics to support his system, thanks to the necrotic and disintegrating side effects of unlocking and channeling the full Anti-Power of the Nameless One ...)

Comment

• Shawn
                          Shawn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Perfect rationalization! And I like that "Anti-Power of the Nameless One". The corrupted power of the Starseed of Anti-Eternia perhaps?

Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post

Shock absorption/energy containment for the backwash you get when you use the Power as the Sword?

(Skeletor, meanwhile, is using the bionics to support his system, thanks to the necrotic and disintegrating side effects of unlocking and channeling the full Anti-Power of the Nameless One ...)
                        I'm pretty sure the real reason was so that they could hide the wire from the backpack to the sword on the original figure... lol... I doubt I would display him with it, unless they make it bend at the elbow. Snake Armor He-Man has one arm covered by armor, so it isn't a big stretch for the character now, I guess.
                        “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

• Shawn
                          Shawn commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Bend at the elbow like Man-At-Arms? Yeah. I agree. Good point about it just being armor like Snake Armor He-Man. Sometimes the simplest solution is often the best. I just figured a more indepth "in universe explanation" to rationalize why wires are connected to it, and why the wires need to be covered protected at all. Seams like a SERIOUS design flaw for a super technologically advanced race to require batteries and wires for light up swords LOL. :P

I love all of the 80s variants of He-Man and Skeletor, as I feel more thought and care went into those designs than they did with 200x. I'm looking forward to getting the laser figures, as well as Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claws Skeletor.
                        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Toyguru's message from the recent WTFWTK:

1. Poweron: Are Laser Power He-Man's and Laser Light Skeletor's light up features possible?

While we do love exploring these type of features, historically, when we have "gone the extra mile" on figures, like ensuring the gears rotate on Roboto or Snout Spouts trunk bends, we tend to wind up creating more issues vs. delivering. So it may come down to how sure we are we can add a "feature" like this without effecting the QC in any way. Not always easy!
                          “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            LOL, what a crappy answer from a cheap ass bastard.

While we do love exploring these type of features, historically, when we have "gone the extra mile" on figures, like ensuring the gears rotate on Roboto or Snout Spouts trunk bends, we tend to wind up creating more issues vs. delivering. So it may come down to how sure we are we can add a "feature" like this without effecting the QC in any way. Not always easy!

Gone the extra mile????? Are you kidding me? Snout Spout needed a trunk - and you chose FOAM - cheap FOAM. Roboto just used cheap plastic.

How is it that these features were not only feasible 25 years ago - but actually worked and STILL work today.

Really pathetic and a pisspoor excuse.

“Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by GREP-A-TOR View Post

Gone the extra mile????? Are you kidding me? Snout Spout needed a trunk - and you chose FOAM - cheap FOAM. Roboto just used cheap plastic.

How is it that these features were not only feasible 25 years ago - but actually worked and STILL work today.

Really pathetic and a pisspoor excuse.[/SIZE][/FONT]
                            Exactly, this guy is the epitome of failure!

Comment

I half-expected to see the figures WITHOUT Light up Features, but this answer from Mattel reeks of laziness and incompetence.
                              Funny how King Hiss, who was the first figure with bendy stuff is holding out pretty well...
                              Laser figures better not be the $60 item if they won't have light up features...
                              I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

i'm glad he finally admitted that they are too incompetent to do what they used to be able to do. my laser light skeletor still lights up & my saurod still makes sparks. i just want a poseable figure that isn't ruined by them trying to bite off more than they can chew.
                                http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X