Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy
    commented on 's reply
    The she-ra neck and the KG ankle issues did plague a lot of people, but the other issues I had might have been just random and not have been as widespread

Guest commented on 's reply
    I heard of the Roboto chest cracking, but I didn't hear of any of those other issues.... Sad. Really sad. My vintage MOTUs still look great.

• Andy
    commented on 's reply
    I used Doctor Bond to glue Goddess back together and she's held up for 2 yes now...not saying that's the best but it has worked for me. (I left her in the vice for 2 days)

Currently I use locktight for most gluing but that's just minor repair and adding stuff, just not putting seems back together and whatnot

• _RZ_
    replied
    Yeah but what type of glue do you use for MOTUC? I used like 4-5 different types on two continents, and nothing would stick the parts back together for more than a few hours after coming out of the vice, even my Plastruct Cements which has never failed to glue something for me in like 20 years. It's like she was mocking me, "Yeah, I am going to just crumble no matter what you do, dude."

Leave a comment:

• PhantomZodak
    commented on 's reply
    i followed the hunter knight tutorial & replaced both feet with he-man feet.

• Andy
    replied
    This is why I became an MOC collector. Green Goddess pelvis, King Grayskull ankle, he-ro leg coming right out of socket, randor waist crack, buzz-off hand twisting off, she-ra hand twisting off, and she-ra cracked neck.

Screws and superglue! A customizer's best friend when it comes to this line.

Leave a comment:

• _RZ_
    replied
    I don't know, I've had 2 of them and both broke in multiple places while they were MOC. One after the other! It sucks as it was one of my most wanted and neither one of them would glue back together... I just would be really careful buying one in general.

Stevan, let us know what glue you use when you fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    That King Grayskull first edition had a major widespread brittle ankles issue, I've order two when it came out and I've opened one of them and it had a broken ankle and I had to superglue it, and the second I've kept unopened with no broken ankles.

• Stevan
    replied
    Right foot broke

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    commented on 's reply
    Cool. thanks Crespo

• He-man121
    commented on 's reply
    What foot was it that broke,the left foot on mine broke as well and mine was never out the box.

• Stevan
    replied
    My other victim was first King Grayskull that came in the castle box. He had an accident last year. Well long story short he took a dive from a shelf and his foot broke off but I super glued it and he is as good as new and besides I have an extra one that has no broken foot

Leave a comment:

• Crespo
    commented on 's reply
    http://karaknul.ecrater.com/p/188086...vis-repair-kit

Here you go. I've bought a few items from him and they've held up pretty well.

• Shawn
    replied
    Unless your just going to keep it MOC, buying another is pointless as this is an eventuality for ALL figures due to whatever the hell went wrong in the "sonic welding" phase of production. (I think TG explained that on an OLD episode of RGD)

I had a similar problem with my SDCC white Man-bat BTW, and Captain Atom. Though they weren't made of brittle plastic so nothing broke, just that they come apart at the seams (Man-Bat at the waist, CA at the abs) since they have that same sonic welding problem. This is why I'm fine with going back to limited articulated "kids toys", as they are lest costly all around...
    Last edited by Shawn; 11-06-2014, 12:10 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    commented on 's reply
    Link? mines been in a box since 2010, with Alcala He-Man just around the corner now, I'm going to need to look into this.

Guest replied
    Thats a drag Stevan, sorry to hear it... The Goddess thing is just another one of Neitlich's lingering "f-yous!" to customers (Swift Wind has collapsed for some customers overtime for some).

There were a few Goddess figures on amazon (and a few other online stores), that were reasonably priced...just in case if you were thinking about getting another one. Hopefully their prices haven't increased.

Leave a comment:

• Crespo
    replied
    Well, there are some third party sellers that have Goddess Pelvis Repair kits available. (The product is a Reproduction of the Pelvis piece that one attaches the legs to it and stick it into the Torso. Since it's a fan-made reproduction Mattel and other sites disapprove of it and other "Third Party reproductions")

Leave a comment:

• Croc-O-Bite!
    replied
    Sorry to read that Stevan. On the bright side, it looks like you can at least repair it enough to continue to display her. Not much of a consolation, but at least it's something, right?

Mine is still holding up, but then I've only handled the figure maybe 4 or 5 times since buying the figure.....

Leave a comment:

• Novelty
    replied
    I bought 2 spare Green Goddess back in the day when they were on Black Friday. I'll keep them MOC until I get another issue that I can't fix with my existing 2 Green Goddess (one of which has 2 left legs and an exploded crotch). Oh Hi SkyRunner!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    And that is why my lovely Green Goddess will forever remain MOC.

Leave a comment:

• Eterni-or
    replied
    My one's neck split the other day. MAJOR bobblehead. Add to that strange discoloration on the limbs, it looks pretty craptacular now.

Leave a comment:

• Barnster
    replied
    I'm sorry for you. Mine is still holding up but I guess one day she'll take a dive, too.

A friend of mine lost two Goddesses that way. In the end, he bought a Battleground Evil-Lyn and repainted her.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Yeah, it really sucks! Sorry to hear that it's happened to you as well.

Leave a comment:

• Stevan
    started a topic My Goddess figure casulty

My Goddess figure casulty

I have only 1 Goddess figure since late 2010 and the other day when I took her out her abdomen broke in my hands and the legs fell out :bang: So I guess I can join the growing list of pissed off people about this figure I will just super glue her legs and as long as she can stand I'm happy

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X