Vikor and Demo Man are amazing figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikor and Demo Man are amazing figures

So I recently got Vikor and Demo-Man. I’d had Demo-Man a couple of years ago, actually, when I was first getting into the line, but ended up selling him because I wanted to focus more on vintage figures.

Now that I have all my favorite vintage guys, I’ve taken another look at these two Mark Taylor concept figures.

Honestly, they’re amazing figures. As much as I like the simple, clean aesthetic of Classics, it’s nice to have these figures with worn, dented armor that looks like it’s actually been used. I love the chips and nicks in Demo-Man’s weapons, and the little divots in Vikor’s helmet. The tarnished look of their weapons/armor is great, as is the wear in their cloth elements. The extra level of detail in their sculpts is great too. Not everyone is a fan of how bright Demo-Man turned out (I personally like it), but the amount of shading on his body is pretty great – much more than most figures.

How amazing would it be to get a He-Man figure with nicks in his ax, harness and shield? Or a Ram Man with similar detail on his helmet, maybe with some slight rust discoloration in places? IMO, adding more details like that would be a great way to refresh the line.

Beyond the added detail, Mark Taylor’s ideas for fantasy heroes and monsters are just great. I’d love to get a figure of Torak and any other concepts that Taylor had floating around his desk in the late 70s/early 80s.

I’d also love to get some elements from those early B-Sheets that Emiliano translated into MOTUC-style action figure designs, including that helmet for He-Man and the shin guard-wearing Skeletor (but again, with some added detail/wear and tear).

Last edited by Battle Ram Man; 11-19-2014, 02:39 AM.
    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

I wish I could hit the like button more than just once.
    We are totally on the same wavelength. I love those two figures, I love the look of them, as well as the history behind them.
    After reading through the P&H catalogue, I'd love a Torak figure too, and everything else you mentioned.

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
      Battle Ram Man commented
      Editing a comment
      Barbarian fist bump!

Vikor is also one of my favorites in this line. Demo-Man not so much but he is also a good figure. The Alcala Skeletor head was my only reason to get him but he grew on me over time.

Comment

Both are great figures. Vikor is one of the best in the entire line.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Me too I love these guys, and like you said, a little more wear and tear on the armour weapons etc,.. Would look great , I would have liked to see Demo-man in a less 'day glow' green but, I still think he looks amazing, that to me is why I thought the 'drivers' as the fighting foe men was a crappy idea, the FFM should have been beasts and barbarians, creatures that would have followed Demo-man , maybe taking inspiration from some of the knock off lines,
        Or just let the horsemen have at it

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
          Battle Ram Man commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I agree about the FFM. I like the figures, but the FFM should have been more barbaric looking. Undead ogres, evil barbarian warlords, that kind of thing.

• Nemisythe
          Nemisythe commented
          Editing a comment
          Second that about the Foe Men. They could've been human but maybe not so high tech? I saw these Foe Men as travelers who need to get to the future of Eternia to help a young Dare in the battle for tomorrow, sometimes taking a more physical active role than that of Zodac, which in turn will lead a a certain confrontation with a 'time-hopping time agent'. (Bye Bye Spector)

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X