What's the deal with Teela's hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with Teela's hair?

This is probably old news, but ever since I bought Battleground Teela recently it's been bugging me. Why is Teela now Blonde after being a redhead for 20-odd years? Did she pay a visit to Fabularr, Eternian Hair Stylist? I've even seen the odd piece of art where she's portrayed as a brunette. What gives? I thought she was just fine as a redhead. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Robarr The Morbid View Post
    This is probably old news, but ever since I bought Battleground Teela recently it's been bugging me. Why is Teela now Blonde after being a redhead for 20-odd years? Did she pay a visit to Fabularr, Eternian Hair Stylist? I've even seen the odd piece of art where she's portrayed as a brunette. What gives? I thought she was just fine as a redhead. *shrugs*
    Its because she was blonde in the DC Comic from 1982, which is where the toy get's it look from.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Really? HUH! I should just go ahead and paint her hair the way it ought to be. I haven't got much regard for the DC comics (both old and new), they've made a LOT of design changes I'm not happy with as a fan. Their disregard of Gingers will not stand!
      :stinky::stinky::stinky:

Comment

She looks good in both versions IMO, but I still prefer her ginger hair color like her original toy counterpart.

Comment

Teela was originally intended to be blonde, and was blond in the early mini comics. But, I think she looks better as a red head
          Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

I also think the original prototype featured in an early advert was blonde?

Comment

I thought the same thing and painted my BG Teela with red hair. She looks much better.

Comment

Does anyone have any pics with BG Teela's hair painted red?

P.S. Welcome to the boards Midnight Bass!

Comment

Thanks, Croc-O-Bite!

Comment

When time permits, I'm gonna give Teela a re-paint. I like blondes and all, but redheads have plenty of "Rrrrooowrrr" factor, HAHA!! Like that chickie who does the Wendy's commercials. HOTCHA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robarr The Morbid View Post
                      ....but redheads have plenty of "Rrrrooowrrr" factor, HAHA!! Like that chickie who does the Wendy's commercials. HOTCHA!!
                      +1 for that!!

Comment

• Robarr The Morbid
                        Robarr The Morbid commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Awwwwww, yeah! "Now that's better!"

As mentioned, Teela was originally a blonde when the line first began. She appeared blonde in various early media before her figure was finalized and released months later (just like how Mer-Man lost his cardback head). It's fan conjecture, but it's believed that Teela's hair was changed from blonde to red to make her Cobra armor work with her ponytail when her figure eventually came out.

Filmation started airing soon after her figure was released and featured her as a redhead. Soon all of the new fans were unaware that Teela was ever a blonde, just like they didn't know about He-Man being a barbarian and other Pre-Filmation ideas.

Comment

• _RZ_
                        _RZ_ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I have a deep love for Blond/Battleground Teela. That was one of the figures (along with Vikor) that made MOTUC a must-get line for me.

Comment

God job Midnight, what paint & what colour did you use?

Comment

It was just an Apple Barrel paint from Walmart. I can't recall the color as it's been a few years since I did it. I just picked a dark red that I thought would look good. It's a little lighter than the regular Teela's hair color, but I like it.

Comment

• Robarr The Morbid
                            Editing a comment
                            Can you dry-brush with that? More importantly, is it an enamel paint? I've done a lot of customizing with acrylics. The results LOOK good, but the paint scrapes off too easily.

It is an acrylic, but you can definitely dry brush with it. I haven't had any scraping problems. A little rub at the tips of her hair where she's fallen over, but that's it. It's dry to the touch and not tacky. I didn't seal it either.

Comment

• Robarr The Morbid
                            Editing a comment
                            Hmmmm....I've had some bad luck using acrylics. It doesn't help that I'm also something of a klutz. I just hate it when I do a really kickass paint-job only to have it chip or rub off. I wonder what Mattel uses to paint the figures?

• Vahn
                            Vahn commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I always use a clear coat, as it makes it quite a bit more durable, and I would recommend a matte clear coat, as the gloss makes it look way too plasticky.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X