Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pixel-Dan's MOTUC Lizard-Man Video Review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel-Dan's MOTUC Lizard-Man Video Review...

It appears that Dan has removed the original video and reposted it hours later for some reason! Anyhow, it's back now...
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 01-06-2015, 06:29 AM.

I'm looking forward to this figure simply because I like humanoid creatures like this guy, reptilians do look great in toy form. I wish though the face had more seriousness to its looks, and the tail had some articulations in it, but what do you expect from Mattel these days other than incompetent results!

Oh well I can't complain much here, it could've been a lot worse like Double-Trouble or Rio-Blast...

Comment

I like the slender buck. This was a figure who needed to be slim and trim. It would have been cooler if the tail was articulated. The sword should also have been painted. Minor gripes aside, this is a good looking figure.
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Nice figure gonna admit that and his accessories are must items for Skeletor.

Comment

Meh. Boring character who makes a boring figure.
          "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Pixel-Dan is married to He-Man.org according to his intro. Support him, you support Val and the Org and censorship.

What is up with the Diamond Ray and sword accessory with the "CHINA" brand being so prominent and raised??????

“Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
            Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

A cute and unexpected addition to the line, however extremely low on my personal list of priority releases...

Comment

Since they started there been He-Man.org logo in Dan's MotU Classic reviews videos.

Comment

I really like the figure. It looks like it came out pretty good. I don't care about the tail being part of the loin piece, and I don't care that it doesn't articulate. It's the accessories that suck IMO. The bone sword is boring, and the Diamond Ray looks like an amateur sculpt.

Comment

He's a neat figure, but like all Filmation figures (or most, anyway), I wish there was more shading. Lack of shading makes a lot of the Filmation figures look cheap.
                    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

I can kinda understand the lack of shading on Filmation figures... since the cartoon versions of the characters didn't have any shading and were colored in traditional animation cell solid colors. On the other hand, I'm sure it was more of a cost cutting thing to not add any airbrushing to the figures. Even the non Filmation MOTUC figures in recent years are lacking the airbrushing that was used early on in the line... not that I feel it's right since we all should be getting the most value for our money.

Comment

Originally posted by Toad View Post
                        I can kinda understand the lack of shading on Filmation figures... since the cartoon versions of the characters didn't have any shading and were colored in traditional animation cell solid colors. On the other hand, I'm sure it was more of a cost cutting thing to not add any airbrushing to the figures. Even the non Filmation MOTUC figures in recent years are lacking the airbrushing that was used early on in the line... not that I feel it's right since we all should be getting the most value for our money.
                        Yeah, I get that. But I think all of these figures really need some solid airbrushing to make them look like true adult collector figures. The shading on figures like Mer-Man and Faker is great and makes the simple design really pop. Without shading they start to resemble kids toys more.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle Ram Man View Post

Yeah, I get that. But I think all of these figures really need some solid airbrushing to make them look like true adult collector figures. The shading on figures like Mer-Man and Faker is great and makes the simple design really pop. Without shading they start to resemble kids toys more.
                          I agree. Mattel is being lazy as of late in this department.

Comment

Unfortunately, I think MOTUC has evolved into a kids toy line, even though it is falsely marketed as an adult collector line. With all the gummy accessories and lack of sharp edges, etc... this is the only way I can describe the line. In the end, it's all about Mattel doing it's thing to avoid any potential lawsuits. End result being monsters with chicklet teeth instead of sharp fangs.

Comment

What a shame of review, he didn't point the lack of rocker ankle articulation or how tall the figure is in compared to the other figures). Damn, it looks like Dan is evolving on a new Toy Gurú...

Comment

Dude is a shill, and has always been a shill. Why any of you give a single damn what he has to say about anything I will never understand.
                              Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• Trollan Magician
                                Trollan Magician commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Because even he's a hardcore fanboy, he does a great video reviews.

• Dark Angel
                                Dark Angel commented
                                Editing a comment
                                No, he doesn't. You just said so yourself, immediately above me. He glossed over fairly major issues that could affect a person's decision to purchase the figure. This is just the latest example of that, it is not the first time by a long shot.

• Trollan Magician
                                Editing a comment
                                Well, in that point of view, that's right, but technically... I mean, the video itself, the images, even the speech, are really well done in my opinion, but thats all for me, just good reviews in that technic kind of way... The other part as you said is really wrong sometimes.

Honestly, I find the Fwoosh pictorial reviews to be more helpful. They provide close-ups of all angles and I get a pretty good idea of what the paint apps look like. I don't need a video review. In the end, no review ever encourages or detracts me from buying the products.

I used to watch his videos more when they were based on products that were months away. I rarely watch any of Dan's videos anymore. If I do, I'm at the point where I need to turn the sound down so I don't have to hear his overly enthusiastic praise for the product.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                                GREP-A-TOR commented
                                Editing a comment
                                So, I am not the only one, the Fwoosh has always had great pics - but this past year it is my go to now.

this figure sucks, no ab crunch, no ankle rocker, the weird bicep, the devotion to the simple failmation design.
                              http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Yeah, I'm not excited about it, even though overall it's a nice figure. They shouldn't be so slavish to the simplistic Filmation designs. I hate to use the term, but most of the Filmation figures could use a trip through the classicizer machine

Comment

• Trollan Magician
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I'm all in with this.

Guest commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  But the leader, brand manager, and top guru of MOTUC had already clearly stated that releases under his management receives the same treatment to ensure the integrity and consistency of the line remains throughout every single figure! That is why there was no Filmation Hordak head... because all MOTUC releases are in the style of MOTUC! They are not vintage, or 200X or NA, they are all MOTUC!

Don't you see it? Don't you see it?!? I will not have you even suggest that the leader is wrong! Negator! Troll! You want to kill the line! I hate you! I want your family to d- *BLEEP* *BLOOP* *BUZZ* *SNAP*

Sorry for a second there my account was seized by a He-man.org member, fortunately I was able to wrestle back control using my black hat hacker skills. What were we discussing? Lizard joints?
                                  Last edited by Sky Runner; 01-18-2015, 11:22 PM.

Originally posted by Battle Ram Man View Post
                                ... They shouldn't be so slavish to the simplistic Filmation designs. I hate to use the term, but most of the Filmation figures could use a trip through the classicizer machine
                                ^ This.....

Comment

Other than the bicep / arm issue which slightly bums me out, he's a figure I've been wanting ever since the Filmation series came on! I sort of felt cheated when he was never made.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X