Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lizard Man Has Backwards Shoulders?

Same old crap, different year.

The reversed shoulders are very noticible on Lizard Man. That is disappointing to see.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

When it comes to backwards shoulders, I almost never notice. Even when it is pointed out, I barely see it. With that said, I'm not going to let it ruin my day. I still think Lizard Man came out pretty good.

The only figure I corrected was King Hsss' reversed shoulders, and that was a pain in the ass. I will sculpt on top of the shoulders and repaint them before I ever try and swap shoulders again.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        I will probably try to fix them on Lizard Man. As he doesn't have an ab-crunch feature, he might be a bit easier to crack open to fix the shoulders.

Oooh Noooo, not again! It's not just the aesthetics that bothers me the most, it's the actual posing mechanism that gets screwed when things don't line well!

Edit: After careful inspection on my Modulok, I couldn't see the issues that were mentioned in this thread, but I have to wait and see if Lizard-Man has them or not.
      Last edited by Mechanizor; 01-13-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

This sucks. It's also pointless to discuss this on the org. It's the same old "TG has nothing to do with it", "It's lizard anatomy", "I'll have to wait till I have the figure in hand" etc all over again, just like when we pointed out the reversed shoulders on NA Skeletor.
        As I said over there: Mattel has won. Fans don't care any more.
        Spirit, Charger and Arrow for MOTUC!

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
          Croc-O-Bite! commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, that was funny how Neitlich's number one fan was so quick to attack you and run to the defense of his idol.

Like I said in the post below yours, I'm not 100% sure if this is an instance of reversed shoulders. Only because my Modulok right shoulder/bicep looks the exact same and I'm failing to see any evidence of my Modulok having a reversed shoulder when compared to his left shoulder.
          This is certainly not an instance of me not caring, as it has really ticked me off in the past with the other figures (and even been downright angry when the Defenders Of Neitlich denied the obvious).
          I could very easily be wrong, I won't deny that. It's just that this is the first time I'm not so sure that it is reversed, even though the tell tale sign of the gap above the bicep is there. (I'd need to see a pic of the left shoulder too). What I stated in the next post about my observations of Modulok's shoulders is giving me doubt is all.

I'm not so sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not the type to stick up for Mattel & the last thing I'd ever want to do is agree with that half-wit Go-fool-i......

But after just looking at my Modulok's shoulders for reference, my Modulok's right shoulder looks identical in appearance to Lizard Man's in the above pic (except for the colour of course), including the gap above the bicep. My Modulok looks to be assembled properly, it does not appear that I have a reversed right shoulder on my Modulok. It does not look like my Modulok has two left shoulders (the two shoulders appear to be sculpted differently), as the left shoulder fits perfectly without any gap above the left bicep.

To me, it looks like that's the way the right shoulder was made and it's actually not reversed, just a 'flaw' in the design of the right shoulder. But I'm certainly no expert....
        Last edited by Croc-O-Bite!; 01-12-2015, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Someone needs to actually boil and pop and swap Modulok's shoulders and see if they look "right". It would be the first time we could actually do it easily as they're unattached to the torso. Might provide a definitive answer.

Without testing the theory I agree with Max. They look reversed to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
            I'm not so sure.

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not the type to stick up for Mattel & the last thing I'd ever want to do is agree with that half-wit Go-fool-i......

But after just looking at my Modulok's shoulders for reference, my Modulok's right shoulder looks identical in appearance to Lizard Man's in the above pic (except for the colour of course), including the gap above the bicep. My Modulok looks to be assembled properly, it does not appear that I have a reversed right shoulder on my Modulok. It does not look like my Modulok has two left shoulders (the two shoulders appear to be sculpted differently), as the left shoulder fits perfectly without any gap above the left bicep.

To me, it looks like that's the way the right shoulder was made and it's actually not reversed, just a 'flaw' in the design of the right shoulder. But I'm certainly no expert....

this is what i was wondering, if the shoulders are reversed wouldn't someone have noticed on modulok?
            http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Is there a Modulok-Lizard Man pic somewhere for comparison?

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
                this is what i was wondering, if the shoulders are reversed wouldn't someone have noticed on modulok?
                I don't know why people didn't notice it on Modulok, especially in hand. I was surprised to see that the problem originated with him. Maybe fans didn't care at that point because he was one of the final "must have" characters along with Two-Bad.

Comment

Just like the consistency of manufacturing flaws with these figures, I see the same old org-people continuing to defend Neitlich every time someone points out that he is remotely responsible for the problems... even though he is no longer with Mattel. Some things never change. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Grayskull's Lost Son View Post
                    This sucks. It's also pointless to discuss this on the org. It's the same old "TG has nothing to do with it", "It's lizard anatomy", "I'll have to wait till I have the figure in hand" etc all over again, just like when we pointed out the reversed shoulders on NA Skeletor.
                    As I said over there: Mattel has won. Fans don't care any more.
                    It's not EVERYONE on the .org. There were fans who see what you are talking about.

Like I've said before...if Toyguru did something good, I'll give him his props. But if he did something bad, I'm going to speak on it.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                      GREP-A-TOR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Start a poll over at the Org and give the drones the option of how to excuse this screw up.
                      a. Not Tg's fault
                      b. it is as design intended.
                      c. it makes the design "pop"
                      d. lizard anatomy
                      e. figure is better in hand.

As far as this 'error' goes, it really doesn't bother me at all. Honestly, its virtually invisible to me. I equate this type of complaining to the granny panty complaints, the "I'm not satisfied with the paint job and have to pay a professional paint to fix my toys!" posts, and every other exaggerated nitpick I saw at the org from people who are miserable in their 'love' for toys.

At the end of the day, just doesn't bother me at all. They're just toys, and you've known what you were getting from Mattel for years. Poor QC, terrible customer service, an Internet Troll as a Brand Manager with the creativity of a glue sniffing 8 year old. It doesn't end until you stop buying. Expect more errors down the road.

As far as the fans at the org and their defense of their Troll King, my post stops here...

PS: I was also thinking Lizard Men had reversed anatomy from human Eternians. Makes for a great production error excuse! Cool!
                    Last edited by Sky Runner; 01-12-2015, 08:29 PM.

Comment

The issues may not bother some fans, but they are still there. Granny panties and paint app flaws are most definitely worth complaining about... and I certainly wouldn't call them "exaggerated nitpicks". I have to hand it to some of the org-people for being able to find most of these flaws, and pointing them out. We can then review such issues and decide if we deem them worthy of fixing or leaving it as is... but the complaints of any flaw large or small is always welcome as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I'm usually the first to call out reversed shoulders, but I think it's not reversed. On reversed shoulders, the musculature at the leading edge of the part is angled forwards. This one doesn't do that.

There is that weird gap between the bicep and shoulder. Modulok had that as well. I think it's a problem with the connection mold, not the parts being backwards.

I could be wrong. It's harder to tell because there isn't much muscle definition. I'll check my Modulok when I get home.
                        Last edited by Battle Ram Man; 01-12-2015, 10:20 PM.
                        Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
                          Oooh Noooo, not again! It's not just the aesthetics that bothers me the most, it's the actual posing mechanism that gets screwed when things don't line well!
                          THIS. Although it really, really bothers me on Stinkor and NA Skeletor the most.
                          “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I just got out my Modulok. The shoulders are identical to his, gap and all. The musculature seems fine on the shoulders. I think it's the bicep that's defective. In both figures. DIdn't bother me on Modulok because I never use those arms.
                            Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

For those who had hopes that the King of SOP was any better than Ruebenizor... here's your Lizard Man people!

I'm sure that if Scott Lietlick was still the brand manager we would be getting some ludicrous excuse once again. So at least we don't have to endure with his lies anymore...

This company (and line) is so pathetic that I'm just happy I got rid of these figures while it was time to make a good piece of change.
                              “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite!
                                Yeah, that was funny how Neitlich's number one fan was so quick to attack you and run to the defense of his idol.
                                You mean that guy who is so adverse to "negativity" that he even registered here so he could get into the Despondos section? You shouldn't take people like that too seriously. He's clearly lying when he states that the figure looks just like the proto.

I'm not 100% sure because I haven't been following this line up close but given the deadlines that Mattel kept feeding us I'm pretty sure that Lieguru was still the brand (mis)manager when Lizard Man went into production.
                                Last edited by barrasco; 01-13-2015, 01:26 AM.
                                “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

TG said he had NINJOR on his desk when he was leaving, so Lizard Man's development was under his management.

Comment

Neitlich says a lot of things. Maybe he had a Ninjor on his desk, maybe he didn't. Regardless, I think most of 2015 has Neitlich's finger prints all over it.

Comment

After checking out some bodybuilding pics, the shoulders' anatomy for Lizard Man (and Modulok) seems ok to me!!!

MGM, are you sure the shoulders are backwards?

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                                        MegaGearMax commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        It's the right shoulder on Modulok and Lizard Man. It has a terrible gap between shoulder and bicep.

The left shoulder is fine.

So no one has commented on the lack of 2 giant holes on Lizard Man, one at the knee joint, and the other at the ankle.

When the leg bends, it still looks like a leg, not like the tissue as been cut into with a carving knife to allow for movement.

This is a huge asthetic improvement. Discuss? Rage?

Comment

• Toad
                                        Toad commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        I've noticed a few figures eliminated the visible peg hole on the legs, but they still have peg holes on their elbows... which is probably annoying to anyone with severe OCD.

Oh FFS. Same old BS as always.
                                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Wow. That gang of apologists are working overtime on the org thread. Pathetic

Comment

• Toad
                                          Toad commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Yeah, Sickening isn't it. It's one thing to notice it and accept it because there is nothing anyone can do... but to deny that there is anything wrong with the arms to begin with, or to twist it around as a non issue is just so... Org-ish.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X