Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pixel Dan's MOTUC Product Walkthrough at NYTF 2015

With the Four Horsemen!!!

Just noticed--Blast Attack has the Snake Man logo on the package!
    Last edited by Matthew L. Martin; 02-16-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
      Captain Atkin commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome! His original mini-comic made it clear he was a creation of King Hiss.

• Mechanizor
      Mechanizor commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, that's a nice catch Matthew.

Finally a nice walkthrough with the creators themselves listening to their positive and helpful comments. Also great to know that the line still has a great potential and longevity if people keep investing in it and Mattel keeps paying attention to the problems, however I wish they could also change that dreadful DR service and find a much better online vendor.

The only negative segment in this interview when they gave credit to Val Staples's suggestion in regards to Peekablue's weapon!

Comment

• RoboSteveo
      RoboSteveo commented
      Editing a comment
      A bladed fan weapon is hardly a new idea. He probably took the idea from Assassin's Creed.

• MegaGearMax
      MegaGearMax commented
      Editing a comment
      Or Mortal Kombat. Princess Kitana has been chopping off heads with her fans for decades!

Yeah, they also need to address the whole "let's charge $30 for a nearly seven year old mold on its fifth deco" thing.
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• RoboSteveo
      RoboSteveo commented
      Editing a comment
      The Four Horsemen don't have anything to do with that. That is 100% Mattel.

• Dark Angel
      Dark Angel commented
      Editing a comment
      Son, when you sleep with dogs, you're gonna get fleas. Stupid nicknames aside, the Horsemen are grown-ass men who ought to know that.

Nice video by them.

Comment

LOVED this walkthrough, my favourite part is when Eric kind of chokes on his emotions about loving his job. the fact that after (more than) 13 years working on MOTU, these guys are still excited about it, i LOVE that!! this is why I love the horsemen so much. (and their skill of course)

Comment

Originally posted by Kumkani View Post
        LOVED this walkthrough, my favourite part is when Eric kind of chokes on his emotions about loving his job. the fact that after (more than) 13 years working on MOTU, these guys are still excited about it, i LOVE that!! this is why I love the horsemen so much. (and their skill of course)
        This is exactly how it feels when you do something that you truly love, it always shows through how sincere you are... Unlike Neitlich who tries hard to convince people that he isn't a fraud!

Comment

Yeah, this was a good Walk-through. Much rather listen to these 2 than the previous... "expert". I love how the Guru used to say, for years, that Mattel didn't want to release 200X style heads and/or figures... and as soon as he LEAVES they start releasing them

Comment

Yup. It's total opponent now days when Mattel's new representative treat customers with respect and understanding well as is more open and friendly. Who know if Scott was who hated MotU 200x line and tried put blame on other people's neck?

Comment

Originally posted by Jyrki View Post
              Who know if Scott was who hated MotU 200x line and tried put blame on other people's neck?
              If he hated it, then why did he use a whole bunch of 200x elements from cartoon and comic folks in the MOTUC Bios? Makes no sense. He had plenty other options to tell a story.

If memory serves me correctly, it has been said plenty of times online at the very beginning of MOTUC; that Mattel in general seemed to have a sore spot with 200x line and how it performed...
              Last edited by Jukka; 02-19-2015, 03:45 PM. Reason: fixed typos

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                Captain Atkin commented
                Editing a comment
                I do think Scott liked 200x more than any of the other cartoon series. His original idea for a MOTU line was just an online continuation of the 200x toy line sold through Mattycollector. Once he saw the cool MOTU Classics He-Man that the Four Horsemen made, the idea to continue 200X was scrapped. As the 200X line didn't sell as well as Mattel had hoped, it does sound like it was Mattel who wanted to leave out 200x designs, as they didn't sell well the first time. We still got 200x characters made in the line (Zodak, Marzo, Carnivus), so it was the style and not the characters that seemed to be the issue with Mattel.

• Jukka
                Jukka commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree. I also remember there was lot of discussion about Count Marzo and his....hair I think it was? And how it would look.
                But I'm glad there were 200x heads also included with figures. Most recent being Strobo.

On the one hand it great to see the 4HM do this walkthrough, but they don't have final say on what we get. It would be nice to have a Mattel guy to fill us in on if a figure being shown is production or not. A person we can ask questions to about cost and things like that would be nice. We should know by now how much extra we will need to spend to get King Hiss's MYP snake torso...But then we run the risk of a Toyguru 2.0 and NOBODY wants that right? I kind of like how the new engineer, Brandon Sopinsky did that recent preview video from Matty. Perhaps next time, we can see him, CB and Chris interviewed together?
              Last edited by Shawn; 02-20-2015, 06:22 AM.
              Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X