3. spirit of grayskull
    4. flying fists he-man
    5. terror claws skeletor
    6. failmation teela
    7. oo-larr
    8. buzz-saw hordak
    9. laser power he-man
    10. laser light skeletor
    last year they gave us NA she-ra out of nowhere instead of a POP character from the cartoon (like melog, an easy figure to make).

they got the rights to all the cartoons & insted of giving us more of those guys they are making variants. how many more new variants are they going to make? it's a blatant ploy to get people who already own teela to buy another, instead of just re-releasing the originals for the people who missed out on them. i think this is a terrible way to end the line.
    it's like smash blade he-man & spin blade skeletor all over again.:twobad:

edited list, thanks Matthew!
    Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
    You forgot Oo-Larr, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor.
    Last edited by PhantomZodak; 02-26-2015, 06:44 PM.
    http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Why is Teela necessarily a "failmation" Teela? We haven't seen her upclose yet to judge. Many collectors never got her the first time around, so this is a good figure to refresh. If they end up packing an extra head with her (the one that came with the original figure), that would even be better for people who missed out the first time.

Spirit of Grayskull: I agree with you 100%. We never needed that figure.

Terror Claws and Flying Fists are essential in my book. Any character that had a variant in the original toy line was needed (and this includes the Laser figures). What we didn't need was King He-Man.

Snake Armor He-Man and "Battle Armor" King Hssss are OK with me, as both figures were part of the 200X lineup, and actually appeared in the cartoon.

I doubt we will see any "spin blades" in our collection. From 200X, I could only see a variant of Ice Armor He-Man, as he was in the cartoon. Disco Skeletor could be fun for a "bonus" subscription figure.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
      already announced/seen in 2015 [LIST=1]
      they got the rights to all the cartoons & insted of giving us more of those guys they are making variants. how many more new variants are they going to make? it's a blatant ploy to get people who already own teela to buy another, instead of just re-releasing the originals for the people who missed out on them. i think this is a terrible way to end the line.

it's like smash blade he-man & spin blade skeletor all over again.:twobad:
      Except for that translucent King Grayskull not being asked for, this is no way like Smash Blade He-Man & Spin Blade Skeletor, because those were non-canon variants Mattel thought up to get children buying variants at retail. The huge difference is that the fans of the various eras have actually ASKED for these variants over the years.

Comment

1- snake armor he-man (I love)
        2- battle armor king hiss (I love)
        3- spirit of grayskull (Don't care much about him, but at least he isn't part of the sub)
        4- flying fists he-man (He remains part of the vintage line, so I anticipate him)
        5- terror claws skeletor (Like FF He-Man, he's needed)
        6- failmation teela (Not a big Filmation guy myself, however, I'd like to see what she offers before I judge her)

Comment

You forgot Oo-Larr, Buzz-Saw Hordak, Laser Power He-Man and Laser Light Skeletor.

And wasn't the problem with Smash Blade He-Man and Spin Blade Skeletor more the unbalanced case ratios than the figures themselves?

But MGM is right--all of these figures, with the possible exception of the Spirit of Grayskull, have been asked for by fans. And I wouldn't be surprised if several of them wind up non-subscription items to ameliorate the sting a little.

Comment

I like variants, but they tend to appeal to a more niche audience. I don't care about 200x or Filmation variants. But I'd be all over Mark Taylor concept variants or Alcala variants. In general though I don't like to own two versions of the same figure, with few exceptions. So for me the right variant would replace the standard versions that I have.
            Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Yep variants generally suck donkey balls.
              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I like variants because some of us fans of other eras aren't held to the original versions. Imagine getting one look for a character when you wanted the other version of that character? It's like getting Filmation Tung Lashor in place of Vintage Tung Lashor.

Comment

I do have three Mer-Mans (Mer-Men?) though. That's my own exception (green cardback head, blue version, and a custom toy version). I wouldn't want a shelf full of multiples though. I don't have BA He-Man or Skeletor for that reason
                  Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
                    I like variants because some of us fans of other eras aren't held to the original versions. Imagine getting one look for a character when you wanted the other version of that character? It's like getting Filmation Tung Lashor in place of Vintage Tung Lashor.

i don't have to imagine, i keep getting failmation versions of all my pop girls, instead of the vintage versions the way we were promised at the beginning. even though fans have asked for toy versions of pop girls (yes, i'm not the only one) we aren't getting them. i have to customize the pop girls i get.

2015 was supposed to finish vintage, so i'm ok with some of these variants, but non-vintage variants are half of that list. this is the last year, we could have gotten 5 more characters from the cartoon like lord masque or dylamug or 5 more NA guys like lizzor or tuskador or 5 more 200x like horde wraith or illumina, or even major header & bubblor.

but those slots have been used

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
                      Croc-O-Bite! commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great job on that Glimmer by the way!

I am OK with essential variants. The ones from the vinatge line should be made.
                    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                      I am OK with essential variants. The ones from the vinatge line should be made.
                      Agreed, however if I would like to see one exclusive variant, it would be this guy:

Comment

• Dark Horse
                        Dark Horse commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This gets all my like.

I always thought the same but like many have said they were all part of the 'vintage' line and if we are to complete that we need them. Not big on them but acceptable of it.

Comment

I'll be honest: Some of the variant figures have been some of my favorite figures in this line. NA She-Ra was my favorite figure from last year, hands down.

Comment

i am ok with the 5/10 we knew were coming. & even though i also think the variants look amazing. i'd rather get new characters that haven't been made yet. like the ones i listed. people are going to get burnt out on smash blade he-man. i mean, there are people asking for ice armor he-man. & the only reason people liked the original ice armor was because he was bulkier than the standard 200x he-man. there's no need for him but people want ice armor.

this year alone there are 10, enough to be their own "club infinite eternias"

Comment

i am ok with the 5/10 we knew were coming. & even though i also think the variants look amazing. i'd rather get new characters that haven't been made yet. like the ones i listed. people are going to get burnt out on smash blade he-man. i mean, there are people asking for ice armor he-man. & the only reason people liked the original ice armor was because he was bulkier than the standard 200x he-man. there's no need for him but people want ice armor.

this year alone there are 10, enough to be their own "club infinite eternias"
                            People like Snake Armor and Ice Armor because they were featured on the show. Filmation Teela is wanted because that look was featured in Filmation (and alot of fans missed out on Teela, so this is a surrogate version).

The fans might like new characters more, but that doesn't mean that they aren't asking for variants too.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post

People like Snake Armor and Ice Armor because they were featured on the show. Filmation Teela is wanted because that look was featured in Filmation (and alot of fans missed out on Teela, so this is a surrogate version).

The fans might like new characters more, but that doesn't mean that they aren't asking for variants too.
                              a lot of the silly 200x variants were on the show. snake & ice were the bulky ones that looked like vintage. that's the only reason. nobody is asking for stilt walking man-at-arms.

teela is wanted because there are some late-comers who don't want to pay over 100$US for a teela. so matty decided to squeeze money out of everyone by offering a variant instead of just re-issuing her.

these variants are 1 step closer to barbie dolls, except instead of changing their clothes, we have to buy an entire figure. it's not star wars which were little & relatively expensive. these are a lot of money. they can't make underwater teela at the expense of hawke.

fans are also asking for chef allen. i just hope they don't make everything fans ask for.

Comment

• Crespo
                                Crespo commented
                                Editing a comment
                                to be fair, I have the 2009 Teela (my first MOTUC) and I still want Filmation Teela because THAT is MY Teela.

Vintage variants are cool (except Buzzsaw Hordak), the rest I couldn't care less about.
                              "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                                MegaGearMax commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Personally, I'm not too crazy about the remaining Vintage variants.

• Draego-Man
                                Draego-Man commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Me neither, but I want them simply because I have the vintage versions. Don't really care about the Laser figures either since I never had them.

a lot of the silly 200x variants were on the show. snake & ice were the bulky ones that looked like vintage. that's the only reason. nobody is asking for stilt walking man-at-arms.

teela is wanted because there are some late-comers who don't want to pay over 100$US for a teela. so matty decided to squeeze money out of everyone by offering a variant instead of just re-issuing her.

these variants are 1 step closer to barbie dolls, except instead of changing their clothes, we have to buy an entire figure. it's not star wars which were little & relatively expensive. these are a lot of money. they can't make underwater teela at the expense of hawke.

fans are also asking for chef allen. i just hope they don't make everything fans ask for.
                              Which Hawke? If we get 200X Hawke, then Filmation fans will want a variant. They make Filmation Hawke, 200X fans will want their Hawke. It's like what happened to Evilseed. Now Filmation fans will want their version.

I wouldn't see variants as trivial as Barbie changing dresses. I'd see variants like comic book variants from Marvel or DC. Electro Superman, Brown and Orange Wolverine, Gray Hulk, Black Spider-Man, Silver and Red Iron Man. That's not even mentioning modern and classic versions of certain characters.

Comment

I'd buy all the 200X variants without any hesitations.

Comment

2015 was supposed to finish vintage, so i'm ok with some of these variants, but non-vintage variants are half of that list. this is the last year, we could have gotten 5 more characters from the cartoon like lord masque or dylamug or 5 more NA guys like lizzor or tuskador or 5 more 200x like horde wraith or illumina, or even major header & bubblor.

but those slots have been used
                                  Word, ****ing, up! You just named 8 figures I would rather see than a NA She-Ra or DARE or Skeleteen. So much easy low hanging fruit, but Trollgollum and Matty have to dig up onions and stick them in our asses.

“Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                                  Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• JimPansen
                                    JimPansen commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Trollgollum-ROFL!!!!

• MegaGearMax
                                    MegaGearMax commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Toyguru is gone. It's a new day at Mattel now! Let's hope they are better at managing the line than TG was.

Vintage Variants are a must have (except Buzz OFF! Hordak). Snake Armor He-Man was a personal favorite of mine, so im happy with him. Failmation Teela got butt, so alright bring her on Oo-Larr is from the minicomics -everything from the vintage minicomics should be prio number 1!!!
                                  Spirit of Grayskull is for the trash can , especially for that price ,lol!

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                                    Battle Ram Man commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Agreed. There is so much unproduced cool stuff from the mini comics left.

I'd rather have any from that list over those spinning twats.
                                  "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

now they are talking about making variants from the new DC comic book. as if we don't already have enough variants.

sure, the new goddess/teela & the new evil-lyn look good so i would be ok with those being sold through comic book stores & toy stores, like the old VS line, but not on matty & not if they take away slots from other characters.

Comment

now they are talking about making variants from the new DC comic book. as if we don't already have enough variants.

sure, the new goddess/teela & the new evil-lyn look good so i would be ok with those being sold through comic book stores & toy stores, like the old VS line, but not on matty & not if they take away slots from other characters.
                                      The most popular are Despara and Goddess Teela.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X