Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemisythe
    commented on 's reply
    DUDE you don;t like Stratos???? Oh man, I guess the way I'm looking at him is this would be how he looked after the Horde claimed his 'dead' body after the Second Ultimate Battleground and 'modified' him; I mean if he ever got a figure made in this look. Yeah I know I'm working off that awful Neitlich canon but this was something I thought of in order to maintain Stratos as a character and not being killed off like he wanted.

• MegaGearMax
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post

Those are my two top picks as well. I wouldn't be interested in the alternate versions of the main characters (i.e.: Iron Man He-Man). Most of the designs I find boring.
    Yeah, I don't like EVERY New 52 DC design (like Stratos, Trap Jaw, Evil-Lyn or Moss Man) but there are a few good ones thrown in.

Despara - Not so much as a female Hordak (I'd use her alternate short haired head), but I like the idea of Adora not wearing her Princess Adora "Prince Adamette" costume when she's working for the Horde.

New 52 Original Teela and Battle Armor Teela - I'm a Teela fan (especially of Blonde Teela), so ANY costume she's wearing is good for me. Her original New 52 costume and her Battle Armor "Teela-At-Arms" costumes are winners in my book.

Goddess Teela - A Green Goddess that isn't translucent, has her own design and doesn't look like a Green Teela? Sold!

New 52 Yellow Cross He-Man - My favorite looks on He-Man tend to be his default barbarian look, whether it's his original costume, his 200X original costume or his New 52 Yellow Cross original costume. Furry boot, furry loincloth, chest harness, bracers...the actual details might change, but that's what I think looks like He-Man.

New 52 She-Ra - I like her DC design better than the original.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post

The most popular are Despara and Goddess Teela.
    Those are my two top picks as well. I wouldn't be interested in the alternate versions of the main characters (i.e.: Iron Man He-Man). Most of the designs I find boring.

Leave a comment:

• MegaGearMax
    replied
    Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
    now they are talking about making variants from the new DC comic book. as if we don't already have enough variants.

sure, the new goddess/teela & the new evil-lyn look good so i would be ok with those being sold through comic book stores & toy stores, like the old VS line, but not on matty & not if they take away slots from other characters.
    The most popular are Despara and Goddess Teela.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomZodak
    replied
    now they are talking about making variants from the new DC comic book. as if we don't already have enough variants.

sure, the new goddess/teela & the new evil-lyn look good so i would be ok with those being sold through comic book stores & toy stores, like the old VS line, but not on matty & not if they take away slots from other characters.

Leave a comment:

• Battle Ram Man
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed. There is so much unproduced cool stuff from the mini comics left.

• Dark Horse
    replied
    I'd rather have any from that list over those spinning twats.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Horse
    commented on 's reply
    This gets all my like.

• Crespo
    commented on 's reply
    to be fair, I have the 2009 Teela (my first MOTUC) and I still want Filmation Teela because THAT is MY Teela.

• MegaGearMax
    commented on 's reply
    Toyguru is gone. It's a new day at Mattel now! Let's hope they are better at managing the line than TG was.

• JimPansen
    commented on 's reply
    Trollgollum-ROFL!!!!

• JimPansen
    replied
    Vintage Variants are a must have (except Buzz OFF! Hordak). Snake Armor He-Man was a personal favorite of mine, so im happy with him. Failmation Teela got butt, so alright bring her on Oo-Larr is from the minicomics -everything from the vintage minicomics should be prio number 1!!!
    Spirit of Grayskull is for the trash can , especially for that price ,lol!

Leave a comment:

• GREP-A-TOR
    replied

2015 was supposed to finish vintage, so i'm ok with some of these variants, but non-vintage variants are half of that list. this is the last year, we could have gotten 5 more characters from the cartoon like lord masque or dylamug or 5 more NA guys like lizzor or tuskador or 5 more 200x like horde wraith or illumina, or even major header & bubblor.

but those slots have been used
    Word, ****ing, up! You just named 8 figures I would rather see than a NA She-Ra or DARE or Skeleteen. So much easy low hanging fruit, but Trollgollum and Matty have to dig up onions and stick them in our asses.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    I'd buy all the 200X variants without any hesitations.

Leave a comment:

• Draego-Man
    commented on 's reply
    Me neither, but I want them simply because I have the vintage versions. Don't really care about the Laser figures either since I never had them.

• MegaGearMax
    commented on 's reply
    Personally, I'm not too crazy about the remaining Vintage variants.

• MegaGearMax
    replied

a lot of the silly 200x variants were on the show. snake & ice were the bulky ones that looked like vintage. that's the only reason. nobody is asking for stilt walking man-at-arms.

teela is wanted because there are some late-comers who don't want to pay over 100$US for a teela. so matty decided to squeeze money out of everyone by offering a variant instead of just re-issuing her.

these variants are 1 step closer to barbie dolls, except instead of changing their clothes, we have to buy an entire figure. it's not star wars which were little & relatively expensive. these are a lot of money. they can't make underwater teela at the expense of hawke.

fans are also asking for chef allen. i just hope they don't make everything fans ask for.
    Which Hawke? If we get 200X Hawke, then Filmation fans will want a variant. They make Filmation Hawke, 200X fans will want their Hawke. It's like what happened to Evilseed. Now Filmation fans will want their version.

I wouldn't see variants as trivial as Barbie changing dresses. I'd see variants like comic book variants from Marvel or DC. Electro Superman, Brown and Orange Wolverine, Gray Hulk, Black Spider-Man, Silver and Red Iron Man. That's not even mentioning modern and classic versions of certain characters.

Leave a comment:

• Draego-Man
    replied
    Vintage variants are cool (except Buzzsaw Hordak), the rest I couldn't care less about.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomZodak
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post

People like Snake Armor and Ice Armor because they were featured on the show. Filmation Teela is wanted because that look was featured in Filmation (and alot of fans missed out on Teela, so this is a surrogate version).

The fans might like new characters more, but that doesn't mean that they aren't asking for variants too.
    a lot of the silly 200x variants were on the show. snake & ice were the bulky ones that looked like vintage. that's the only reason. nobody is asking for stilt walking man-at-arms.

teela is wanted because there are some late-comers who don't want to pay over 100$US for a teela. so matty decided to squeeze money out of everyone by offering a variant instead of just re-issuing her.

these variants are 1 step closer to barbie dolls, except instead of changing their clothes, we have to buy an entire figure. it's not star wars which were little & relatively expensive. these are a lot of money. they can't make underwater teela at the expense of hawke.

fans are also asking for chef allen. i just hope they don't make everything fans ask for.

Leave a comment:

• MegaGearMax
    replied
    i am ok with the 5/10 we knew were coming. & even though i also think the variants look amazing. i'd rather get new characters that haven't been made yet. like the ones i listed. people are going to get burnt out on smash blade he-man. i mean, there are people asking for ice armor he-man. & the only reason people liked the original ice armor was because he was bulkier than the standard 200x he-man. there's no need for him but people want ice armor.

this year alone there are 10, enough to be their own "club infinite eternias"
    People like Snake Armor and Ice Armor because they were featured on the show. Filmation Teela is wanted because that look was featured in Filmation (and alot of fans missed out on Teela, so this is a surrogate version).

The fans might like new characters more, but that doesn't mean that they aren't asking for variants too.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomZodak
    replied
    i am ok with the 5/10 we knew were coming. & even though i also think the variants look amazing. i'd rather get new characters that haven't been made yet. like the ones i listed. people are going to get burnt out on smash blade he-man. i mean, there are people asking for ice armor he-man. & the only reason people liked the original ice armor was because he was bulkier than the standard 200x he-man. there's no need for him but people want ice armor.

this year alone there are 10, enough to be their own "club infinite eternias"

Leave a comment:

• Barbecue17
    replied
    I'll be honest: Some of the variant figures have been some of my favorite figures in this line. NA She-Ra was my favorite figure from last year, hands down.

Leave a comment:

• Nemisythe
    replied
    I always thought the same but like many have said they were all part of the 'vintage' line and if we are to complete that we need them. Not big on them but acceptable of it.

Leave a comment:

• Croc-O-Bite!
    commented on 's reply
    Great job on that Glimmer by the way!

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    I am OK with essential variants. The ones from the vinatge line should be made.
    Agreed, however if I would like to see one exclusive variant, it would be this guy:

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X