Homecoming: Fall of Eternia - part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Horse View Post
    he best thing to do is just ignore his fking BS and carry on as if anything he ever put forward never existed.
    This argument always perplexes me. Because I personally would love to think "oh it's just one made-up canon at the back of cards and some minis". But then I'm reading the new DC He-Man which_I_like_a_whole_lot_more_then_motuc.... and lo and behold suddenly Grizzlor is referred by his "real name".
    I'd love to ignore certain parts from MOTUC canon. I really would. But that may not be possible sadly. :/

Comment

Originally posted by zombihamma View Post
      This was really bad (sorry Scott) really really bad
      Just like everything he ever wrote.
      “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by Jukka View Post

This argument always perplexes me. Because I personally would love to think "oh it's just one made-up canon at the back of cards and some minis". But then I'm reading the new DC He-Man which_I_like_a_whole_lot_more_then_motuc.... and lo and behold suddenly Grizzlor is referred by his "real name".
        I'd love to ignore certain parts from MOTUC canon. I really would. But that may not be possible sadly. :/
        Questionable ideas tend to fall out of favor as time goes forward, while good ideas get retained. Keldor was a mini-comic concept that eventually became canon. I think Despara is going to be Force Captain Adora going forward. New Adventures being merely "off-planet" adventures was a great idea (I would have made NA more like casual space adventures rather than going away from Eternia for 15 years.

We keep the good ideas TG had and discard his crappier ideas.

Comment

• MegaGearMax
          MegaGearMax commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope. Not a hostage at all. Stockholm Syndrome is accepting ALL of his ideas.

While fans tend to think that most of his ideas were terrible, but there are a few things that he came up with that the fans actually like. Most fans like Despara (who placed within the top 20 on the official He-Man.org poll), but hate He-Ro and Skeleteen.

• Captain Atkin
          Captain Atkin commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know if I would give him too much credit for NA taking place in the same time as the regular MOTU adventures. That was an idea discussed for years on the forums before Toyguru came around. He made it happen in the bios, but he certainly didn't come up with the idea. He just latched on to it.

• MegaGearMax
          MegaGearMax commented
          Editing a comment
          LOL! In that case, his good ideas dwindle down further, then.

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
        We keep the good ideas TG had and discard his crappier ideas.
        He had a good idea? Even more than one?
        Max, put down the bottle....

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
          He had a good idea? Even more than one?
          Max, put down the bottle....
          Even a broken clock is correct twice a day. TG usually has some terrible ideas, but he did think up a few concepts that fans have enjoyed.

Like I said, there's Despara and getting rid of the whole future aspect of New Adventures. While fans might have wanted Starburst She-Ra first, adding She-Ra to NA added a much needed familiar face to NA.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
            GREP-A-TOR commented
            Editing a comment
            You know that April Fools is over, right, Max?

This was the worst MOTU mini comic that I have ever read. If I were the President of Mattel, I would destroy the next 2 issues planned to be released this year. Just burn them. This crap is bad for the brand. The art looks good, but that isn't enough. You can't just put lipstick on a pig and expect everyone to be impressed. Chances are, these comics have already been printed, but if they haven't been printed out, I really think Mattel needs to scrap the story and just write a new one. Use the art Axel did where appropriate, and just hire him to draw a few new panels where needed.

This story was a complete travesty. It's time to kill the Neitlich story arch. Mattel.... please don't give that ex-employee any more press. All he does is cheapen your brand.
          Last edited by Black Zodac; 04-05-2015, 02:05 AM.
          “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Amen to that...

• MegaGearMax
            MegaGearMax commented
            Editing a comment
            Even worse than that Leech mini-comic? LOL!

By the time any new version of MOTU will come out, Mattel will have gotten the message that the Neithlichverse stuff should be forgotten. I don't know about the Mattyboards, but even most fans on the .org hated this comic.

Originally posted by Dark Horse View Post
          Fk Nutlick.
          With Mermista's trident! So that he can learn that tridents are used to pierce and not to chop people's heads off...
          “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

The best thing about the Mighty Spector is that you can use him to eliminate any or all of the new canon the way i do with my chrono guards. so that these stories get wiped out as if they never happened.:hemanrocks:
            http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
              GREP-A-TOR commented
              Editing a comment
              those are cool too, another neat army builder design that I like.

• Crespo
              Crespo commented
              Editing a comment
              The only GOOD Use for Spector is Scapegoat for continuity errors thanks to him messing up with the timeline.

• Nemisythe
              Nemisythe commented
              Editing a comment
              I'd even suggest that Spector's final sacrifice would be to absorb all this continuity crap into his system and implode taking it all away!

At least it was pretty. ...lol. I much prefer DC continuity to this hodgepodge. Hopefully the last two can redeem the arc but I won't hold my breath. I do however want a Dare and Despera figure. Note I said Dare and not He-ro2 which is what we will probably get.

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
              GREP-A-TOR commented
              Editing a comment
              Why? Dare is pointless?

• djaro
              djaro commented
              Editing a comment
              Because I like him. I'm a sucker for passing the torch stories and I think he will look good on my shelf with King He-Man. But I like the 200X style Dare better than NA looking Dare.

• Crespo
              Crespo commented
              Editing a comment
              and if we were to get "Prince Dare" people can repaint his vest, pop in the SA He-Man head and have 200X Adam!!
              Sadly, I expect Ginger NA He-Man to arrive in early January.

Click image for larger version

Name:	11181338_10205337023159297_2478279218030191572_n.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	39998

aren't you excited!!? i know i'm not.
            https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...786.1059837338
            http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• Captain Atkin
              Captain Atkin commented
              Editing a comment
              I weep for the children.

• deano_ue
              deano_ue commented
              Editing a comment
              god they really are pushing this, i know they have no choice really but this is it folks this is your official cannon. a rejected pitch and a pissed off orko are your big final battle.

i can just picture he-man and skeletor off to the side eating tacos

• Dark Horse
              Dark Horse commented
              Editing a comment
              Speechless about how truly atrocious this is. I feel insulted on every level that this utter Fing garbage got the green light.

Dare vs Gorpo. Exactly what we all wanted when we hit year three into MOTUC, right, guys?

At least Trollgollum is not around anymore, or we would have "Skeletor has actually been the Sorceress this whole time". "Hordak is actually Prince Adams REAL dad". "Man-At-Arms dies and Spector becomes the new king of Etheria after he marries Teela and defeats Skeleteen."

And Red Tornado would have been added to the mythos, but "someone" forgot to do the paperwork.
            “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
            Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Well, we've already heard that He-Ro kills Illumina in Part 2, and "Dare vs. Gorpo" seems just as anticlimactic for Part 3.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                Captain Atkin commented
                Editing a comment
                For me, the cover featuring Dare Vs. Gorpo looks like a grown man fighting a small child. It just looks... wrong. This looks like David Vs. Goliath in reverse.

If anything, it should be Orko Vs. Gorpo. At least that would look like a fare fight. This just looks silly.

Dare vs Gorpo, only one will survive!!!

I think not, not after I burn my copy!

Comment

Now isn´t that fun, huh?

Comment

i cant wait for these to be released, the shits gonna hit the fan. the back peddling will be amazing lol

Comment

DARE is the December figure

Comment

Originally posted by teemu81 View Post
                      DARE is the December figure
                      Yippee!:stinkor:

Comment

Yep very crappy, even corn boy from the horse men was shocked to find out the unnamed one was Gorpo, I prefer Emiliano's take were the unnamed one is Horde Prime.

Comment

So I was reading a thread over at the org last night about TG's latest interview over at AFI, on the thread someone (can't remember who, sorry) quoted Emiliano about how the idea for Illumina was to have her as the person who hid Prince Adam in the faraway jungle tribe to protect him from Hordak, mixing the original mini comic idea with the Filmation canon.

This morning I had left my browser open and reread it, I refreshed and low and behold... it was gone!

Why would Val/admin/whoever delete this? It just blows my mind.

Here's the quote.....

She was already in my thoughts since Homecoming. She was nothing more than a plot device back then. At that time, I wanted to merge the original Don Glut minicomic with the Filmation cartoon, so I had He-Man living in a tribe, but secretly being Prince Adam, hidden far from Eternos when he was an infant, to escape from the Horde invasion. I needed someone that took the kid out of the royal palace and traveled with him to these remote regions of Eternia, where she left him to the care of this tribe. And for some reason, I wanted this person to be a woman. She was not a Gar back then of course, but she was already dressed in white and with white hair.
                          Why would this be a problem? Is it because Emiliano was mentioned by name?... Shouldn't be as he is mentioned several times in the thread, so why delete it ?

Comment

Yeah, someone had posted that, which, however, is the preMVC idea I had of the character before she became Illumina.

Val probably don't want to contradict his buddy and he fears facts could rile up fans against Scott.

Illumina official story was posted on an old comic catch-all thread and here it is again
                            Mat, feel free to post this one too if you want, hopefully that won't cost you an infraction, or worse.

"Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At one point in her life, Illumina was known as one of the strongest proponents of anti-Eternian sentiments amongst her fellow Gar. Accordingly, she was a fierce proponent against efforts to integrate the Eternian and Gar peoples. What remains unknown, however, is what (if any) role Illumina had in the ruination of Captain Miro’s planned union with the mother of Keldor and the subsequent Gar massacre instigated by Count Marzo and other segregationists. Whatever the cause, with age Illumina’s views changed and she eventually sought atonement and repentance past for misdeeds.

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Fortunately, in addition to being a great strategist and possessing formidable fighting skills (especially with melee weapons), she has the power to control light and can even blind her opponents when those other talents are not enough. Prior to being caught on Dark Hemisphere she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded. Also, a common misconception is that she is in some way related to Keldor; however, beyond their shared Gar heritage there is no connection between them. Similarly, many believe that Sleetah, her mount, is a descendant of the Battle Cats of old, while, in fact, her white-furred companion is an entirely different species that is genetically closer to the blood-thirsty Panthor."

Comment

Well I reposted it over at the org and so far so good no one has deleted it .....

Comment

Probably Val leave it now to just contradict me. I called him out via email, so he usually has to do the opposite to prove I was wrong.

Comment

Ha! Poor guy, love the write up man very cool, I truly would love a box set of her and cat they would be front and center of my display

Comment

This one made me laugh my ass of......

SDN: The thing with a 3 parter is that the first part is a lot of set up. I know many fans commented on issue 6 that it felt like a lot of new characters were being introduced and they don’t do much beyond stand around. Well some of that is due to this being just the first part of the story. It’s a lot like watching the first 30 minutes of Star Wars and noting that Luke doesn’t really do anything.

Scott narsasist strikes again, man he's got a lot of nerve making a Star Wars comparison

Comment

• Crespo
                                      Crespo commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      But what about the Third Mini Comic from the "Powers of Grayskukll" mini Series that was 6 Splash Pages and 1 page had the cover art without titles or logos. That leaves only 5 pages to move the story forward. He has no excuse for the bad pacing on these comics.

WTF is wrong with Mattel? Seriously, Nutlick has gone. Delete that little hater from history. He's probably sitting in Jakk's basement laughing his diseased little ass off at how he trolled a franchise.
                                    "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                      Mechanizor commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I couldn't agree with you more here...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X