Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MattyCollector Shopping Cart Trick No Longer Works...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattyCollector Shopping Cart Trick No Longer Works...

I guess it was only a matter of time before this happened. Now we won't be able to see when they lie about product quota. At least it's been exposed and brings more validity to the conspiracies.

Oh the irony... they can fix this but can't seem to make anything else work properly.
    Last edited by Anti-Guru; 01-18-2014, 02:15 AM.

The company probably put Work order in for it over 2 years ago. They're just getting around to it. It supersedes anything else that deals with their customer service.

Comment

Well Well, look at that. This is because Scott became unglued when he was caught talking the numbers of Castle Grayskulls left. People told him, lol, no, you have like 800 left. He finally looked into the trick and lo and behold, it's "Fixed" within a month.

Everything about the fix just turns my stomach. Who are these sheeple who still believe that Scott is a fan and not out to make cash hand over fist.
      “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
      Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

The reason why this was addressed so quickly, is because it's an integral part of Scott's sales strategy. Without it, he wouldn't be able to create fake sell outs, artificial demand, and use the secondary market as a means of persuading customers to sub up.

Comment

What exactly was this 'shopping cart' trick, and what happened?

Comment

I personally never did it... but fans were able to get a rough idea of the stock quota on any given product via the shopping cart page by systematically checking out using different item amounts... or something like that. That's how people were able to see how many Castle Grayskulls are left for example... which last I heard was in the mid 800's.

Comment

Figures... Most important thing about that website is to maintain Scott's ability to lie and not get caught as easily doing so.

Comment

The shopping cart trick is a pain to explain, but I will try:

1. For any figure or item with a purchase limit, enter a quantity above that limit and attempt to add that quantity to your cart.

2. If that quantity exists in stock, the website will automatically correct the cart downward to the purchase limit number -or- if the quantity does not exist stock, you would get an error message and nothing added to the cart.

3. If your initial number is available in stock (the website auto-corrected your cart quantity), you can begin adjusting the amount you attempt to add to cart upward from there, until you get the error message. Given sufficient time and patience, you can get an theoretically exact number on what they have in stock available for sale.

...or, at least, you could.

Now, I absolutely despise the current management as much as anyone, but I have to be absolutely fair: The cart trick has been around since at least the 2011 Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales. That was when I first heard of it. So the plug didn't get pulled for a good, long time. Now, whether it was even on the manager's radar (he doesn't really pay attention to the fans even when asked direct questions, that's well established) is a good question, and it certainly appears that the castle situation was the straw that broke the camel's back...we can't know. Lies and obfuscation abound with this...person. But ultimately, it is very interesting that this one thing can be "fixed" by Digital River when nothing else can...
                Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...o-Longer-Works!

Someone at the other site posted about this, and I gotta wonder just how mindless people can actually be. I remember reading a thread there a few weeks ago where TG had his panties in a twist because people knew inventory levels. He started lying, as he always does, about how the inventories people were quoting were not correct, and yet within the same breath as this lie he started asking about how people were figuring it out, exposing that the numbers were in fact correct. If they were wrong, why would he want to know? He asked very detailed questions, and the automatons that populate that other website starting giving him explicit instructions on how to do it. Now low and behold that ability to check inventory levels has been removed from Matty.

You can always count on Scooter to be looking out for the fans. He most definitely isn't a wolf in sheep's clothing or anything. Seriously, how does anyone trust this guy anymore? He is about as honest as a politician.
                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

That is one of the most damning threads showing LieGuru at is finest. Shows that #1 the inventory does not match his artificial sell outs. #2 That he can make change happen in DAYS on MattyCollector when it suits his own selfish needs. #3 He was caught lying about inventory.

I think I am the absolute most peeved about #2.
                    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

And as you will notice on that other page virtually nobody is saying anything about how this exposes what a blatant and boldfaced liar Scott is. I don't know how that guys sleeps at night. It is utterly pathetic, and yet in the deep ocean of all the lies he has poured onto the fan base people still continue to defend him. To be perfectly honest I can't even look at photos of the guy because I am utterly revolted at the sight of him. It is absolutely shameful the way he conducts himself, and yet he is so arrogant that he seemingly has no shame. Seriously, has he ever made a genuine gesture since starting as brand manager of this line? If so, I've not seen it.
                      "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I'd just like to go on record as saying that I absolutely and utterly despise Scott "Lie-OR" Neitlich.

Comment

So the shopping cart trick was fixed but the geo blocking stroke again today... priorities. I think TOYSUCKER should ask the question again, just for fun.
                          “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• Anti-Guru
                            Anti-Guru commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Toysucker was banned from mattycollector.

• barrasco
                            barrasco commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Seriously? Those suckers at matty...

It actually shows how great it is to be able to have a place were people can speak the truth without being castrated...

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Probably an angry hacker could hack Scott's Matty account and ban him and ban his other Matty accounts all together. :-b
                            Last edited by Mechanizor; 02-14-2014, 12:16 AM.

I hate Scott Neitlich. But I hate his apologists even more. Even when confronted with watertight concrete proof of his lies, they still defend him. At this point I am almost convinced that these apologists are just Mattel employees paid to side with him. The alt accounts don't get banned because the admins of a certain site are under orders... and probably run alt accounts to defend Scott's lies as well.
                          "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, those apologists are certainly the worse! They attack everyone who has a legitimate concern about the direction of the brand! And sadly, they've been given the green light at the Org to harass anyone who disagrees with the old mighty shithead Scott.

To be fair, Some of the Negators don't move on though. Some of them also repeat the same issues over and over again in as many different threads as they can. That is annoying too. Also everyone is guilty of stating opinions as facts, when they are clearly opinions. It's a good thing there aren't that many of either here...
                          “Censorship always defeats it own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion." ― Henry Steele Commager

Comment

The way the "apologists" try to reduce anything to a supposed battle of "negative vs positive" is what opens the way for all the blunders in MOTUC. If people didn't demand quality for their product then you would still be getting reversed limbs, black plastic, etc... and that's the truth because right now, regardless of all the legit complains, you are still getting beefy armors, fake skirts and reduced deco... so you can imagine what would happen if we were all "happy with what we got" and didn't dare to question Mattel/Matty/***guru's decisions.

The "negators" at least drive their focus at Mattel's blunders, while the "apologists" only intent is to complain about complainers... it's ironic how those viewed as the "negators" are the ones having a positive influence in the line, by raising the quality level of the product, while the said "apologists" are rather worried in justifying each and every mistake... and while some of them are legit mistakes, in a way that mistakes will always happen, others are just indefensible...
                            Last edited by barrasco; 02-15-2014, 05:01 PM.
                            “Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech that you like, freedom of speech protects speech that you hate." ― Ron Jeremy

Comment

• Widukind
                              Widukind commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You totally hit the nail on the head with this post, barrasco ! Two thumbs up !

• barrasco
                              barrasco commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It boggles my mind whenever I think that Mattel was able to release a figure like Frosta... a figure which had the style and looks of a low quality bootleg. If it wasn't for the demanding costumers - and I want to believe that the 4HM also have some input on the quality of the figures, though not much - I can easily assume that the standard quality of MOTUC would be that of Frosta... maybe a little bit better, but still atrocious.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X