Oo-Lar: Reviews and Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oo-Lar: Reviews and Discussion

I finally got around to reviewing Oo-Lar. While I'm glad to have this character (he's an important part of the development of he He-Man character) he does feel a little less impressive than I hoped he would be. Still, he's a pretty solid toy. What do y'all think? Has anyone else reviewed him here? it'd be nice to collect a number of links to written reviews in this thread for the sake of a more well rounded discussion.

Oo-Larr is awesome. I gave him the Grayskull weapons for when he becomes He-man

http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• Barbecue17
      Barbecue17 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! That looks really good!

He's a cool figure. I wish they would have made him kind of a dress up figure, where you could somehow swap the bare feet for boots, a removable belt to switch between primitive loin cloth and the standard look, removable bare arms/gauntlet arms. But that's probably not practical.
    Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'm both ecstatic and meh over this figure. This is essentially the He-man I grew up with. I love the loincloth plus the amazing alternate head.

The grimacing faced standard does give options but something seems off to me. The spear is definitely not comic accurate. I also agree that the shins/feet seem awkward. (I used a classics jimmy superfly snuka for my custom and i noticed the difference right away.)

Mattel could've spruced him up a bit by these suggestions. Swappable hands (an open/gripping pair or aloft set for instance; see evilmike's shapeway store), then the bracers could snap in place, a belt like battle fist possibly could've given him the other version, and snap-on boots like vykron would've completed the faze.

oh well...guess we got a mini comic, a generic sword, and a new battle ax (sorta') instead. :twobad:
      “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Nice review!
        “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
        Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Barbecue17
          Barbecue17 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you!

Just received my figure. I love the two heads. The vintage style He-Man head looks great on Battle Armor He-Man.
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I love both heads, they are awesome
          Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X