X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDCC: Rotar vs. Twistoid

From MattyCollector.com:

Masters of the Universe® Rotar™ vs. Twistoid™

Recreate the Second Ultimate Battleground as Rotar™ and Twistoid™ go head to head!

A former palace guard wounded in battle, Rotar™ was merged with an android body resulting in fists of fury fueled by his hyper spin powers. He now protects Eternia® as one of the Masters of the Universe®!

Rotar’s nemesis Twistoid™ is a Gyro Robot who serves Skeletor®. Using super spinning action, Twistoid™ wields a ball and chain, whirling sword, and terror gears to defeat his enemies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rotar vs Twistoid.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	39939
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Looks like someone was paying attention to our poll from last year

re: Should Twistoid and Rotar come with removable legs?

These figures look awesome! Easy to tell that these were inspired by Emiliano's designs. Very happy with how these guys turned out!

:dorko:
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Neat. I like the way they turned out.
      I'll definitely get a set. Might be tempted to get a second set, but based on Mattel's overpricing this year I doubt I'll be able to justify it.

Comment

something HUGE as coming at SDCC....................SNAKE MOUNTAIN!

Comment

These are nice.

Comment

WOW, those are amazing IMO, Emiliano's inspiration was definitely respected here.

Comment

Originally posted by teemu81 View Post
              something HUGE as coming at SDCC....................SNAKE MOUNTAIN!
              I hope the MOTU Gods are listening, I better redesign my tiny apartment's settings to accommodate a space for it.

We still could use more vehicles though...

Comment

Cool, I guess if there wasn't gonna be a Despara figure these guys would properly fill that SDCC SKU and slightly higher price tag. They look great and glad they adopted the concept designs. But one thing... THOSE DAMN TRAP JAW LEGS!!! I wish they would've mixed in the Horde Trooper legs a bit... or mix up a lil more color in there.

Comment

Happy with this reveal. I hope we get more. Snake Mountain would be great!

Does anyone else think Rotar looks a bit like Tuskador with that mask?

Comment

Flogg's Thighs + Mosquitor Boots would have given Twistoid some angular looking legs... Damn the Trap Jaw Boots! They should retire those legs for at least 2 years!
                    I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                      Battle Ram Man commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Agreed. Big time lack of imagination to use the same thing again and again for anything vaguely technological looking

These guys look pretty good. I like the inclusion of legs. I have vintage twistoid but not rotar

Comment

I like them but they are missing some vintage accessories and the stands. I wonder if they just haven't shown them.

Comment

Rotars humanform looks very MotU and Twistoid has a nice Kirby vibe as gyroscope. So thats the way i´ll display them

Comment

Fking Trap jaw legs. F off.
                          "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

...meh.

Still though, it will be nice to hear Mattel, the Horsemen and etc. all give much-deserved props to Emiliano for his design ideas!

...oh, wait...that's never gonna actually happen, is it...?
                            Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Yes, clearly They used Emiliano's ideas and design for these two characters. Only my small critic is weapons should have bit more colors than just single one.

Comment

Now that I've had some time to think things over; Mattel chose Poorly the SDCC Item. Now, don't get me wrong. It's that we're getting 2 He-Man Variants and 2 Skeletor variants in Q4. Also, these guys are the MOTU Beyblades (long before Beyblades were cool) and they're the SDCC Item. In a year where we have 3 He-Man variants and 2 Skeletor variants, they could have easily done ONE Variant for SDCC and allow extra stuff to pad the set. I mean Rotar and Twistoid could have fit the Normal sized 2 Pack easily!

New pieces:
                                Rotar:
                                Head
                                Armor
                                Ax
                                Top Bottom

Twistoid
                                Head
                                Armor
                                Scythe
                                Top Bottom
                                Bicep (x2)
                                Forearm (x2)
                                Hand(x2)

Overall new pieces is 14. (around the same number of new parts on the KH vs SAHM pack)

Now if the rumors of a "New He-Man line" in 2016, then having people be able to take A HE-MAN and A SKELETOR from SDCC when the new line is announced might help newcomers hop on the 2016 bandwagon (or help bring back some fans who left due to ♠ antics.) Obscure vintage figures are fine, but not having a form of the big two at a San Diego Comic Con is almost sinful...(No, Mo-Larr and Orko do not count. I mean He-Man and Skeletor on a two pack.)
                                I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

• teemu81
                                  teemu81 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I agree,one of the He-man/skeletor variants 2 packs should of been the SDCC exclusive

Originally posted by Crespo View Post
                                Flogg's Thighs + Mosquitor Boots would have given Twistoid some angular looking legs... Damn the Trap Jaw Boots! They should retire those legs for at least 2 years!
                                yes! those legs would have been way better than the trap jaw legs.
                                http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Crespo View Post

Yep, that would have been great! These TJ legs being used again is bloody outrageous! What a joke. It makes it pointless to include legs for Twistoid at all because NO ONE will pose him this way.
                                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Well, these are not going to sell out, so there is not reason for me to pick up a couple of these at the Mattel booth at SDCC. I bet these will sell like ROCK MEN.

Trap Jaw lower half is lazy, so many more options to use now. Overall, underwhelmed.
                                    “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                                    Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

I don't mind the Trap Jaw legs on Twistoid, but they have been used more times then I can count. I'm a little surprised they didn't use the Flogg legs for him (or at least the feet used on Flogg).

Comment

I wonder if the leg design decision on Twistoid was made by the 4HM or by Mattel's engineering, because let's face it, it's a little lame and lazy?

Comment

I like the way these came out. I never cared for these characters but they looks great as MOTUC. The Trapjaw legs do feel really lazy and they don't match the angular aesthetic of the rest of the figure. What upsets me more is Rotar's belt being the wrong color. If you look at the classic toy or nearly any depiction of him his belt (in top mode) is red, but here they left it the same grey as the rest of the spinning top piece.

Comment

Someone did a mock up.... not mine. I think He should still have the crotch piece he currently has, but these legs do look better...

Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizerender0_full.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	40062
                                            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                                              Someone did a mock up.... not mine. I think He should still have the crotch piece he currently has, but these legs do look better...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n40062[/ATTACH]
                                              Most of the legs in that mock up look awkward with the character. I get why people wish they hadn't used the Roboto legs again, due to them being overused. For me, the top part of the leg looks fine. It is mainly the boots that I feel should be switched.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X