2015 what's left?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 what's left?

So we know that Dragstor and Saurod are 2 of the 4 figs left and Dare is heavily rumored for Dec so will Perfuma get the last regular spot? Also the quarterlies it's easy to assume Flying Fist and Terror Claws are the remaining 2-pack is Lasor He-Man the stand alone variant? Is Point Dredd our $60 holiday item?
    What's your thoughts?

What's left that hasn't been announced:

September - Saurod
    September - Flying Fists He-Man vs. Terror Claws Skeletor ($52 two-pack)
    October - Dragstor
    October - Buzz-Saw Hordak with top of Norem King Hiss snakes (quarterly variant)
    November - Perfuma
    November - Point Dread with Talon Fighter (out of sub item)
    December - Lizorr
    December - Laser Power He-Man vs. Laser Light Skeletor ($60 holiday item)

Comment

Originally posted by Y2Greg View Post
      What's left that hasn't been announced:

September - Saurod
      September - Flying Fists He-Man vs. Terror Claws Skeletor ($52 two-pack)
      October - Dragstor
      October - Buzz-Saw Hordak with top of Norem King Hiss snakes (quarterly variant)
      November - Perfuma
      November - Point Dread with Talon Fighter (out of sub item)
      December - Lizorr
      December - Laser Power He-Man vs. Laser Light Skeletor ($60 holiday item)
      What an interesting list, but didn't they insinuate that Dare is the December figure?!!!

Can't wait for the Point-Dread/Talon Fighter though!

Comment

• Y2Greg
        Y2Greg commented
        Editing a comment
        I know of the Dare rumor, but there was also one about Lizorr awhile back, instead of Crita as some hoped.

If Dare comes out this year, it also would go against all Mattel promised that he'd be held for 2016.

I think Lizorr makes sense as he's one of the original Mutants, and would fit with the Laser figures who were the last of the vintage.

As far as I know, rumors state that He-Ro II is the December item. I just hope the 2016 Snake Mountain Rumor is true... We haven't received a Snake Mountain since the 80s and that is wrong!
      I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

• teemu81
        teemu81 commented
        Editing a comment
        we'll find out at SDCC for sure

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post
      What an interesting list, but didn't they insinuate that Dare is the December figure?!!!
      yeah, everything else seems about right though. although i'd rather have a lizzor than dare
      http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Don't forget Snake Mountain in 2016 (oh it's coming)

Comment

Just can't remember where I read or heard in SDCC all remaining Classics line figures will be told to public.

Comment

Dare may have been delayed for fear of negative reactions after Mattel promised "all Classics" for 2015. Y2Greg, I hope your list is accurate.

Comment

• Y2Greg
              Y2Greg commented
              Editing a comment
              Me too!

Mattel owes all the subbers a better selection than Dare/He-Ro II.

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              I sure would hope so that guys are right...

Lizorr would be a way better choice than crappy Dare

Comment

• Mechanizor
              Mechanizor commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely...

• GREP-A-TOR
              GREP-A-TOR commented
              Editing a comment
              agreed. He is a must have for NA to round out the crew.

**** Dare.
            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

More thoughts ....

Buzz-Saw Hordak, being far and away the lowest-tooling character left (even the other variants will require more work), is the natural choice to pit Hiss' torso in. Besides, Hordak and Hiss have a long history together.

I think Dare was probably intended to be the December figure at one point. But two key things have changed: a) the line's looking like it will have legs to go at least one more year, if under a different name and package design, and b) Neitlich is no longer in charge. Those two factors--last figure in the line and being a personal favorite/goal of the manager--no longer apply. Mattel may want to forget the "Fall of Eternia/Son of He-Man" stuff altogether (and since the figure was probably just going to be a recolored NA He-Man with some minor changes, no real loss of investment), test-market it with the fans a bit more, set it up as its own thing, or at least not want to infuriate fans with receiving it as 'blind'.

I really do think that there will be a lot less anger among fans if they say up front "Hey, we're doing Dare in 2016" when they announce the figures than if he shows up as the December figure months after everyone's committed to a subscription.

And isn't Lizorr kind of special in that he never had a US release? I wonder if they'll be able to use some Saurod and/or Lizard Man parts for him, too.

Comment

• Crespo
                Crespo commented
                Editing a comment
                On BS Hordak:
                I agree on tossing the Hsss buck on him. They need some Oomph! to move the 5th Hordak Variant and seeing that this one is basically Hordak 1.0 with a flap on his chest; he'll need all the help he can get.

On Dare/He-Ro II:
                I'm not a fan of the little brat, but I can see why Mattel would follow through with him (the NA He-Man repaint of He-Roi II) in 2015.
                -NA He-Man repaint He-Ro II requires little to zero new Tooling (The only new pieces being his head and gun holster.) Theoretically speaking, this would be less expensive than say, Lizorr (who'd need a LOT of new Tooling to be made properly).

Although if we go SUPER PARTS REUSE MODE We could kinda get a Lizorr-looking character:
                New Head
                Man-E-Faces shoulders with Normal Biceps, Goatman Forearms and Lizardman hands
                Clawful Torso
                New Armor and backpack
                Kobra Khan Loincloth
                Trap Jaw legs with Duck Feet

-Now while Neitlich is no longer in charge, it KINDA makes sense to end the Classics line with He-Ro II. The twerp is the Son of He-Man and the Line Started with the ANCESTOR of He-Man, so there is a bit of logic in there. But on the other hand IF I were to be "forced to swallow" Dare, I'd rather get a He-Ro II vs Skeleteen (blegh!) 2 pack because part of me will complain about not having his nemesis. She-Ra has Hordak, He-Ro has King Hsss, He-Man has Skeletor, and Dare would need Skeleteen (blegh!)

ANYTHING (aside Chef Allen or Crackers) would be better than He-Ro II, but I'm prepared to see Ginger NA He-Man among the SDCC Reveals... (expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't happen and all that)

I don't see the 2016 Sub going through.....2015 barely made it as it is..

I know my 2 subs buying days are over in which I am officially done with subbing.My friend is also not subbing after this year and we both subbed for every sub from the very 1st one offered.

If 2016 somehow goes through,I will cherry pick regardless that they will be revealing the entire 2016 sub names...but higher prices,rip off shipping costs and taxes,I just can do it anymore...I don't feel these figures are worth $40-43 a piece

Comment

I'm not subbing in 2016. I'll definitely cherry pick if there are figures for 2016. There is nothing really left that I want so subbing would be stupid.
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I just don't know what they could push for 2016? They shot their wad with the 200X sub, along with the headpack bonus.

I mean, they could roll out some evil giant size baddies and go pure villain - but they always put in some fluff to make everyone regret that they subbed. It will have to be a solid, fluffless sub for all the fatigued collectors at this point.

Or maybe I'm wrong and the fanbase will buy anything - and in multiples.
                  “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                  Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

But what is left that isn't fluff? Does anyone really care about enough Filmation characters that haven't already been made to sub? Just put the nail in the coffin and call it done after 2015. That's what I'm hoping for. I really could care less if we ever get a King Dipwad, Colonel Butlips, or Queen Nipplefart figure. Let's face it Filmation had a LOT of filler characters that you'd have to be a fool to want in figure form. Just look at how lame Nepthu turned out.

Comment

There are some characters I wouldn't mind having though in which I would cherry pick for

Major Header
                      Ra-jar
                      Hans Hammer Holder (2016)
                      Bubblor
                      Lady Slither

Granita (pretty sure she will be in 2016)
                      Dylamug (pretty sure he will be in 2016)
                      Delora (Stratos sister)
                      Lord Masque (2016)
                      Lodar

Comment

• GREP-A-TOR
                        GREP-A-TOR commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Teemu, bro, we have nearly the same exact idea and taste when it comes figures.

I am not big on Granita, but wouldn't hate her. Lady Slither - I would just use her as a generic Snake Man faction figure.

I still want
                        Horde Mummy
                        Sand Demon/Colossor
                        Tuskador
                        Vultak

Consider:
                        Anti-He-Man
                        Fangor
                        Red Knight
                        Quake
                        Artilla - but not if they are going to cheap out like with Blast Attack and Dragstor.
                        Bellatron (maybe)
                        Bandwidth (maybe)

It's also entirely possible that Mattel is not going to make the subscription model quite so central going forward--changing market, changing management, changing branding.

After all, the line did pretty well without subscriptions when it started seven years ago. Does anyone else remember that those came about from fan demand due to repeated and rapid sellouts?

It may be that a combination of revamped characters and new figures for the hardcore would be able to sustain things on a DoS model.

Comment

In my opinion, if they need the serious fans to subscribe again, they need to revamp their site and get rid of Digital River and replace it with a much better vendor with reasonable shipping costs!

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post
                          It's also entirely possible that Mattel is not going to make the subscription model quite so central going forward--changing market, changing management, changing branding.

After all, the line did pretty well without subscriptions when it started seven years ago. Does anyone else remember that those came about from fan demand due to repeated and rapid sellouts?

It may be that a combination of revamped characters and new figures for the hardcore would be able to sustain things on a DoS model.
                          AS much as I abhor Digital River, Mattel loves how much money they save/make outsourcing their e-commerce/payment/customer service to the industry's leader in low-bids. Even though it is obvious that Digital River fails Mattel's customers on almost every level, Mattel must have a sweetheart deal and Digital River would probably love to get out of the contract. DR's only way to increase their profit is to overcharge for shipping, in fact, this may be the only way they actually make money from this "partnership". I am sure Mattel stipulated that DR what percentage and ceiling to what fees they can charge, something like, "total fees, surcharge, handling will not exceed 20% of item sale value and 5% postal charge, to increase at 2%-7% per year, to be re-evaluated every two years".

TLDR: Mattel is greedy and Digital River is the Walmart of E-Commerce outsourcing, a recipe for customer dissatisfaction.

Unless there is a movie, I don't think we are going to see any in-store sales - like Target/Walmart.

Mattel's proposed Re-Branding is mostly just contract/legal verbiage to renegotiate/re-order/terminate any contract with it's employees, contractors, and business partners.

“Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                          Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

they've already shown failmation teela & a rumored failmation evil-lyn so if they think they can do a bunch of variants they will find out how wrong they are.
                            http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

I really can't wait to see what Saurod looks like! If Lizorr gets a figure too I will be very happy
                              "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

The line could easily carry on. Cool figures will always sell. The trouble in the past is Nutlick pushed what he wanted over the requests of his customers. Hopefully that is a thing of the past after this year.
                                "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X