Power Con Exclusives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Con Exclusives

So they are only making these to be available at Power Con?

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...lability/page2 Click image for larger version

Name:	camo khan.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	41350
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Beast Man.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	41351

Name:	Granamyr.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	41352

If this is actually true, that is just unacceptable. What a slap in the face to us completists who would never pay to be in the same room as certain people running this event.

Anyway, if anyone is going please let me know as I want to ask that you please pick up all three items for me. I'll make it worth your while.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

...not trying to be a wiseass (well, not any more than usual), but in light of his whopping three or maybe four paint apps, if anyone really wants a red Beast Man they just need to get a spare figure and some of this. Even a newbie customizer could do it in less than a day...
    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• Matthew L. Martin
      Matthew L. Martin commented
      Editing a comment
      Problem is, Beast Man's pretty expensive on the secondary market, last time I checked.

Doesn't matter. I want the real deals, not one that I've made. Sorry, it's a completist thing.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I need to get all three, but it looks like the secondary market is my only option at the moment.

Comment

Pro
        -
        it's great to see Mattel backing a MOTU specific convention like this

Cons
        -it sucks that it's this particular convention run by such a ****ing scumbag who doesn't deserve any of our support
        -really crappy if these are as limited as said scumbag claims they're going to be and those who want these 3 items will have to resort to scalper prices in order to get them
        -too bad these are not traveling exclusives with people getting a shot at them at multiple conventions

Our best hope is that the known liar who runs this convention is simply lying yet again about the availability of these items in order to drum up ticket sales, and then after the fact, the remaining stock will show up on MattyCollector later that year in November/December.

Comment

What a load of crap! We're being punished for not being able to go to a small con in California.
          I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

• Dark Angel
            Dark Angel commented
            Editing a comment
            ...a small, unreliable con that, if history means anything, could be cancelled with little to no notice.

Well it certainly isn't a good thing that these will be exclusive to this show, but I guess Mattel feels the show has supported the product and worthy of a deal. As a completist, I do not like being forced to have to go thru extra measures to get things I would like especially when my investment and money have kept the line going for so long too; but see there I start sounding like a entitled prick which may be but I simply don't mind putting money into Mattel's pocket yet when told I can't unless I do this, I wonder "How does that really do you guys good?" Anyway from what I've read Fantastic Plastic have begun to offer a method to purchase these figures and I will seek them for them assist. I'm just wondering if the charge will be figure only, or the figure and fee for attending the show...

Comment

• teemu81
            teemu81 commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually it's the subscriber's who ultimately supported the product and Fantastic Plastic is just another Scalp-or

• Nemisythe
            Nemisythe commented
            Editing a comment
            No arguments there about who really supports the product, but I hope you got this 'gist' of it. There are many strange 'bedfellows' and yet we as fans find us chasing only more product. And trying to get into the bed as well.
            Last edited by Nemisythe; 10-29-2015, 01:24 AM.

I'm no great fan of exclusives, but if they must be done--and it seems to be the expected thing--this is the way I'd do them. These are pure repaints based on relatively obscure sources or differences, with little or no distinct character or story reason.

I wouldn't want to count on them being available outside Power-Con, but if they don't sell out at the convention, I expect they'll make it into online sales.

Comment

• Nemisythe
            Nemisythe commented
            Editing a comment
            Well as you are right, that red Beastman has been a very discussed figure and Power Con wasn't dumb to snag that one and make it their own, especially after last year's failed attempt to move the show somewhere else (amidst the internal battles between former colleges which turned fans off) they needed to have that thing that would try to force people's hands and these weren't strategically the ones. Granamyr, hmmm maybe Camo Khan I have no idea of him and lukewarm interest,

There is now a petition going to get Mattel to smarten up...

https://www.change.org/p/mattel-make...ion-reason_msg

Comment

• teemu81
            teemu81 commented
            Editing a comment
            I doubt this will do anything.Corporations do what what they want regardless of someone petitioning or standing outside with a sign over your head.In fact,they laugh at all of useless eaters aka "consumers"

Just came across this on Facebook. Easy to tell that international fans are not happy.

Name:	Power-Con Ebay Re Beast Man.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	41420
          “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

This is totally unacceptable for those of us who supported the line all these years and already have spent thousands of dollars on it, and Mattel should acknowledge that!
            Hopefully all those exclusives get repackaged or relabeled and get released to all fans after such conventions.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
              Captain Atkin commented
              Editing a comment
              That is a good idea. I would be more than happy with a Red Beast Man and Kobra Khan "two pack" that could be sold on Matty. There should be another way for fans to get those figures. Not everyone can afford to fly out to California.

• Nemisythe
              Nemisythe commented
              Editing a comment
              That would be a cool suggestion in order to legitimize the production run as well!

No kidding. It is an insult, and yet Val is perfectly content with pissing on all of us because it serves him. What else is new?

Comment

What crap. I really want a Red Beast, but not enough to pay a scalper premium. I don't mind an exclusive here or there. But it's a little messed up that both this year and last year's con exclusives were stuff the European guys wanted for years and talk about all the time... yet they're exclusive to American conventions. Let's hope Anti-He-Man isn't a Power-Con exclusive - that would be an ultimate slap in the face to the German fans.
              “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Originally posted by Skeletor's Love Child
                Honestly we saw this as a good opportunity to support the He-Man.org crew and Power Con, and help promote the Masters brand to a wider audience. While I know this does not make everyone happy, this is simply one of those times where we will have to “agree to disagree.???
                in other words, "F you" customers.

a wider audience? he-man fans who can go to little con in LA is a "wider audience"? oooookay
                http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

Same verbal diarrhea that Scooter was feeding us. Matty hasn't changed a bit. What a load of BS. So how about we get a He-Man World exclusive too then? Maybe Illumina can be our exclusive figure and the ORG people who miss out can simply "agree to disagree".

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post

in other words, "F you" customers.

a wider audience? he-man fans who can go to little con in LA is a "wider audience"? oooookay
                    So sad to hear that coming from that young lady, and I thought she was a little smarter and more understanding than her predecessor Neitlich! I hope she would realize that she was wrong with that comment...

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                    Same verbal diarrhea that Scooter was feeding us. Matty hasn't changed a bit. What a load of BS. So how about we get a He-Man World exclusive too then? Maybe Illumina can be our exclusive figure and the ORG people who miss out can simply "agree to disagree".
                    Honestly, this started to sound like that old broken record we've accustomed to from Matty!!! When are they going to realize that the Org doesn't represent most of the MOTU fandom anymore!?!

Comment

• teemu81
                      teemu81 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      yep! just like "collector's choice" Sub....I didn't ask for NA 'Gem' wanna-be Crapta,more NA crap like Darius,Horde Wraith (what for???),Despara....won't be subbing because of these Poor choices

• Crespo
                      Crespo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They may have not been for you, teemus, but I actually want those figures you're dissing. (and probably so do others.) It's not like we're getting a Spector themed sub.

• teemu81
                      teemu81 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Who picked the figures? He-man.org? because majority of them certainly were not any of my choices...looking forward to Cherry picking

i read through the whole thread,its amazes me how blind some people still are when it comes to the org.

no im gonna admit not everything is a screw you to the fans and some "negators" ( i hate that word but tis the best i can think of ) are going overboard but the attitude of the con organizers and the supporters are down right insulting

Comment

I mean I get the sentiment from Matty, I don't think they understand the shenanigans that have been going on. He-man.org and power con isn't the same as 2010 no matter how you see the drama. Will power-con do as well after a year downtime, after all the bad drama? Doubt it, but to each their own.
                      “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

SLC is an utter and complete dunce. And Fk Valerie, the geasy little worm. It's clear that all that transparency talk at SDCC was complete BS.
                        "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

what those idiots at mattel don't realize is that now we'll know what the minimum number of items are necessary for production. that's right, now the power-con people know just how many sales are needed for a production run.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that neither Val nor anybody outside of Mattel has any insider knowledge on production numbers.

I'd also be willing to bet that come Nov/Dec next year, these figures will be easily attainable on the Matty website. Just like all the traveling con/chase figures that have come out the last few years.

...I also predict that when that happens there will be people complaining about that. They'll say "This is like a slap to the face to all the people who spent the money to make it out to Power-con". Lol

Comment

Originally posted by DrPAYNE View Post
                              I'd be willing to bet that neither Val nor anybody outside of Mattel has any insider knowledge on production numbers.

I'd also be willing to bet that come Nov/Dec next year, these figures will be easily attainable on the Matty website. Just like all the traveling con/chase figures that have come out the last few years.

...I also predict that when that happens there will be people complaining about that. They'll say "This is like a slap to the face to all the people who spent the money to make it out to Power-con". Lol
                              Hard to say at this point since Toy-Guru was lying through his teeth over the years, and now we have a new management which we don't know much about at this point! I still hope you're right about the availability of these exclusives after the Power-Con...

Comment

Originally posted by DrPAYNE View Post

according to power-con, they pre-paid for those 3 exclusives themselves (don't ask me where a defunct con that failed last year got the money) so that's why those 3 are even being made in the 1st place. which means that power-con purchased the minimum number of items necessary for them to be produced.

and now that we know rotar & twistoid were NOT easily attainable, these power-con exclusives will create more bad-blood.

and yes, after all this talk, if the suddenly appear on matty it will be a slap to all the people who spent the money to go there. there are tons of conventions a year & people go despite the exclusives or lack thereof.

Comment

• Andy
                                  Andy commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Regular Beastman and Kahn go for crazy secondary prices, imagine what these are going to go for on eBay.

If you go to the con you purchase 9 figures total, if you pay a non attendee price you can only get 3 figures total.

I feel sorry for our international brethren and already know that Scalpor is licking his chops.

Just got an email today with the prices for the Power-Con figures. Holy Mark-up Batman!!

Are you ready for the power to return on June 4th and 5th!? Tickets for the 2016 Power-Con show in Los Angeles, CA will be available for pre-order on Saturday, August 15th at 9:00am Pacific / 12:00pm Eastern.
                                Also available to attendees who pre-order their tickets is the ability to pre-purchase the Power-Con Masters of the Universe Classics Exclusives:Each attendee may pre-purchase up to three of each exclusive for every ticket pre-ordered. We anticipate the exclusives to sell out during the ticket pre-order period so please plan accordingly!
                                Attendees may not purchase multiple tickets for themselves; you may only purchase additional tickets for others who will be in your party, in attendance, at the convention. Attendees and everyone in your party for whom you have purchased tickets must be present at the time of ticket pick-up. Attendees must be present at the convention to pick up their exclusives; they will not be shipped.
                                “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

And they wonder why so many people have left He-Man.Org to join other forums. People don't like to be censored and they sure as hell don't like to be ripped off.

Power-CON, indeed.

“We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X