• Show
Clear All

• The King Hssss Torso Discussion Thread

Click image for larger version

Name:	King Hssss torso.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	41624

"I know you guys have been wondering about King Hssss and now that I have some concrete answers I can share what’s going on. Yes, the new torso was scheduled to be released with Buzz Saw Hordak. However, when we tried to combine the two we found out that it wouldn’t be possible to do so due to costs. We tried a few different options (alternate packaging, higher price point, etc.), but none of these choices made sense (business or common).

So here’s what we’ve decided to do: King Hssss will still be released in 2015 but he will arrive as a complete figure. Accessories, alternate head, another set of legs…it will all be there. After reviewing all the different factors that went into making this product this was the only thing that made sense as well as the right thing to do. We know that promises were made regarding how you were supposed to receive this figure but ultimately…it just wasn’t possible. It didn’t sit well with any of us to force you to pay a premium for this item so we decided to put the power in your hands.

As a sub holder you will not be locked in to purchasing this figure. King Hssss will be offered during the month of November as an add on item. If you want him, he’ll be available during Early Access; if not, you won’t be obligated to purchase. All remaining stock not purchased will be offered during our November All Access sale.
    There will be pictures posted of the bendy headed Snake Men leader at a later date, but I didn’t want to wait any longer to give you a heads up.

Transparently Yours,
    Skeletor’s Love Child"

What utter and complete bullshit yet again! Now they are making us buy a whole new figure, when really this should have been included in the original package!!!

TG is gone but it's still the same shit show. This company really has no shame.

"Transparently yours". Yeah, now they'll lie to your face, admit they lied and then not give a crap.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Unreal!!

First, Rotar and Twistoid don't get early access for subscribers and sell out in seconds and now this?!?

What are the perks of subbing again?

This is crap, on top of crap, on top of more crap!! The torso, which was a selling point, will now cost over $40 in November. I bet this is part of TG's legacy on some level!!

And I'm pissed because I didn't get my Energy Zoids!!!
    Last edited by Beastmangler; 07-28-2015, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Seriously, they wanna let us purchase it as a full figure and pay a full price for it when it suppose to be offered for free with another item!!! So much for me for purchasing two of the 200X He-Man vs King Hssss... They're sooo pathetic at running an ethical business practice!!!

Looks like we're back to the Nutlich days!

Comment

I'm confused? so Snake Armor He-Man/King Hsss is no longer a two pack?

What about Snake Armor He-Man?

Comment

Well so much for all the goodwill they had been building. They knew this back, when the 2-pack was released,and hid it knowing peeps buy multiples to display different molds. Totally unhappy with this.

Comment

Originally posted by MIDOR View Post
            I'm confused? so Snake Armor He-Man/King Hsss is no longer a two pack?

What about Snake Armor He-Man?
            Snake Armor HM vs Hssss was released a few months ago, and the initial idea was to include Hssss's snake form in a future release for FREE!

Comment

Looks like there's a new contender on the block for jackass in the MOTU fandom....
              Check out this gem regarding King Hssss:
              Originally posted by Frightmare
              This is what it is, and I like it. Stop whining with your hand out because you were "promised"......"waaah we were promised!" Grow up. Nobody owes you anything.
              Now obviously we should all know by now anything coming out of Neitlich's mouth is a ****ing lie, but Mattel did let that scumbag speak on their behalf and they should have to make good on the promise they let that POS make.
              There is absolutely nothing wrong with taking Mattel to task for that.

Frightmare, **** off and go crawl back under Neitlich's desk.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                Frightmare is clearly a zombie consumer or a low life troll.

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
              What utter and complete bullshit yet again! Now they are making us buy a whole new figure, when really this should have been included in the original package!!!

TG is gone but it's still the same shit show. This company really has no shame.

"Transparently yours". Yeah, now they'll lie to your face, admit they lied and then not give a crap.
              you said it. this woman is showing more contempt for us than trollguru ever did.
              http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                MegaGearMax commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't agree. We have better Q&A responses that are actually worth reading, revealing the entire years' worth of figures to subscribers, reducing prices and no subscription scares?

The new team has made some screw-ups, be we are nowhere near Toyguru level trolling. Making vanity figures of yourself? Sneaking in pet projects and figures only you want? Hiding questionable figures to make sure fans subscribe? Pitting fan against fan? Dividing the community? Those were the Dark Ages.

• PhantomZodak
                PhantomZodak commented
                Editing a comment
                i said contempt for fans, which she has shown with her dismissive "agree to disagree" comments. those things you listed are a brand manager increasing sales & taking advantage of his position. not nice things, but they aren't contempt for us. the Q&A responses are exactly the same with a little more tact.

WTF! I hardly ever bitch about anything on these MOTU forums, but this right here is a bunch of bullshit! I'm not paying for this shit, and I just wanted the snake torso more than I even wanted the SA He-man or the 200X Hiss.

You know what else blows about this? After the Failmation Hordak letdown, everyone said BS Hordak should come with that Filmation head, and Scott said they couldn't do that because they already had other plans for BS Hordak. Now BS Hordak doesn't come with this, AND they cheaped out on him so bad they didn't even make him a new belt like the vintage BS Hordak had. So now we have to pay full price for a BS Hordak that's the biggest cheap out ever, and the price of another figure plus shipping for something we were supposed to get at no additional cost. What a bunch of ****in bullshit!

Comment

I'm glad DR cancelled my sub in 2015. They brought up enough red flags with my bank that it was enough already.

I feel for you guys but now that I'm out of the collecting game I can just sit back and relax.

(You won't hear the word entitled come out of my posts like that other forum)
                “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Its a Breach of Contract. Neitlick clearly says were are getting the Snake form with another figure and we will get it IF YOU SUB! tempted to just cancel the rest of my 2015 Subs

STARTS AT 10:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RWThtMcnyc

Comment

• Mechanizor
                    Mechanizor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Me too, but my credit card is funding my 200X sub as well, so if I call and cancel, I'd also lose on my favorite 200X sub characters.... That being said, I've decided to call off on the 2016 subscriptions.
                    I'd rather deal with the secondary market next year and cherry pick the units I want than keep dealing with Matty/DR's constant BS...

This is a total kick in the teeth for subscribers, and SLC's 'transparently yours' sign off was reminiscent of the snarky comments Scott used to make. The only way I can see of putting this right is to make the rest of the King Hiss figure Norem inspired.
                  Last edited by Kel-Ton; 07-28-2015, 11:03 AM.

Comment

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/1981046788
                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

This is a load of crap! If "it couldn't cost out" then they should allow the Subscribers the option to PRE-ORDER the figure. Based on # of subs. ie: if I have one sub I'm entitled to preorder ONE Snake Torso. If I have 35 subs then I'm allowed to preorder up to 35 Snake Torsos.
                      I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

No, they should polybag them and send one to ever sub holder, free of charge!!!
                        Last edited by Draego-Man; 07-28-2015, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• Crespo
                          Crespo commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That would be the best solution, but if that one "is impossible" then they should AT LEAST guarantee that subscribers WILL GET their Snake Torsos. The preorder idea is a lesser evil than the free for all they are proposing on Point Dread sale date.

• Draego-Man
                          Draego-Man commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It is not impossible. They will take a loss of course, but too bad for them. As a poster on the Matty forums said, when they make a profit they don't pass that benefit on to the consumer, so when they take a loss this isn't the consumer's problem either.

• MegaGearMax
                          MegaGearMax commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I think they'll take an even BIGGER loss by trying to make the torso into an outright figure. Marketing, paint masters, child testing, packaging, etc. Just polybag the torso and pack it with Buzzkill Hordak.

What's really terrible is that the new Mattel had built up all of this goodwill since Toyguru bounced last October -- only for all of those clear answers, full reveals and other un-Neitlich moves to get knocked to alot of the fandom not trusting Mattel once again.

This is a SUPER bad move. Just polybag the snake torso and include it with Buzzsaw Hordak. Wouldn't packaging a whole new figure, going through testing, paintmasters and all of that jazz cost even more than polybagging?

Comment

I think the worst part about all this is it's included in another King Hiss figure I sure as hell ain't gonna buy. So now I have to play the "find it on ebay loose" game. $60 to Europe... argh.

I think it's been said a few times Mattel "needs" all their products to have legit packaging and copyright marks. But at this point it's kind of gotten ridiculous! Just put it in a bag like the 200x Skeletor Sword from a few years ago. If doing the snake form w/ a figure was cheaper than just the snake form by itself, that might indicate some dishonesty on the prices- 6 years of the same buck has got to be super profitable no matter the sales/quantity at this point.

I mean, this type of thing is why it never has been such a great idea to subscribe, because they can do whatever they want once they get you to agree to the sub, and this is exactly what they do, every year.

The new Matty team should take note:
                          You can't do this Neitlich say-one-thing, do-another crap anymore, and still have a He-Man toy line to sell.
                          Take a look at the Matty forum, the entire first page is all serious complaints about it, and what, 5-6 people threatening to sue. Who cares if it's legit, the fact your customers are threatening to sue is always a huge sign of dysfunction no matter what size the company is.
                          If your superiors are the ones making these bad calls, it's time to tell your customers the truth- tell us it's "Bill", or "Heather", or "Frankie" or the CEO, or whomever made the call. They can take responsibility for their actions. And then let their gatekeepers deal with it.
                          Because otherwise, the blame will fall squarely on all of the people on the new team, starting with the Matty forum mods and working its way up. I honestly forgot all about that snake form until SDCC when the Mattel guys were promising up & down that we'd get it included in another figure. Matty's coming off an era where the two best known members of the MOTU team were known as lazy or a liar. Matty's got a very short window to make this right before it kills all the goodwill they won at SDCC.

“What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

• Draego-Man
                            Draego-Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Preach it brother!!!

simplest thing to do in CANCEL YOUR CURRENT SUBS to make any kind of real statement.....Mattel will listen then when they see people bailing! They have breached verbal contact which is grounds to end your 2015 subscription

Comment

If they can poly bag an Imp chest they can poly bog the fking snake torso.

Plus we have paid for the snake torso already. Nutlick's videos are promotional tools. That shit holds up in court. It was in the sub we paid for. We have to get it for free. It is clear Matty and their new dunce mouthpiece are still a bunch of inept, crooked trolls.
                            "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

• Draego-Man
                              Draego-Man commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Exactly. They have a legally binding verbal contract. Sub sales were made on the premise that we were getting this item for free. They are in breach of contract, and I for one will be complaining to the BBB about this, asking for a full refund on my sub if they do not make this a free item.

If this new King Hsss figure will be the same cost as other standard figures, maybe they could put him in the sub and take out Dare, making him a non-sub item instead. I actually do want the Dare figure, but the Snake torso was promised to be part of the sub... but when we were being told the type of figures that would and would not be in the 2015 sub, Dare was used on more than one occasion as the go-to example of the type of character that wouldn't be in the 2015 sub, and now he is.

I'm sure some fans who want Dare wouldn't be thrilled with this solution, but it would be more in-line with what we were being told when the sub-drive was going on last year.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                              Captain Atkin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I think that would really depend on how many King Hssss figures get produced. Also, King Hssss is a popular character. Dare is a risky unknown, and might not sell well on his own outside of the subscription model.

• Dynamo of Eternia
                              Dynamo of Eternia commented
                              Editing a comment
                              True enough, but IMO they should take the hit with Dare to make things right with King Hsss. It's probably the most reasonable and cost-effective solution under the current circumstances.

• Captain Atkin
                              Captain Atkin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It might be good to move Dare to the 2016 sub, and put a new King Hssss in his place. That could work, and I don't think many people would be upset by Dare getting pushed back a few months.

Man, when they screw up, they screw up big
                            Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                              MegaGearMax commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Tell me about it. And they were doing so well too...

thank you.

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post

Snake Armor HM vs Hssss was released a few months ago, and the initial idea was to include Hssss's snake form in a future release for FREE!

Comment

The "King" has made a proclamation over there. It's not surprising at all.

Comment

Look at this bloody scab... http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/4121076788

Always someone willing to stab the community in the back. Total asshole.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                  Mechanizor commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Yeah, I saw that earlier and I almost punched my screen monitor! A lowlife scumbag with no morals.

Lol!!!! How long do you think this post will last?

I think the He-Man community should unite and make multiple complaints to the Better Business Bureau regarding the 2 examples of "breach of contract" that Mattel has just made.

1) The denial of Early Access to sub-holders, which was promised as a perk of purchasing a sub.

2) The fact that sub-holders were told the King Hssss snake torso was part of our subscription, only to now renege on that promise and try and charge us for something we've clearly already paid for.

Here is the link to the Minnesota BBB where Digital River is located so you can file your complaint... http://www.bbb.org/minnesota

Maybe after being flooded with complaints Mattel will actually listen. Sad that they have to be forced into doing the right thing.
                                http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/3031076788

Comment

• teemu81
                                  teemu81 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  sounds like a great idea...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X