Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 2016 Collector's Choice subscription is a GO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
    are you guys voting in the polls?
    What polls may I ask?

Leave a comment:

• PhantomZodak
    replied
    are you guys voting in the polls?

Leave a comment:

• GREP-A-TOR
    replied
    I look forward to buying these on EBAY for less than I would pay for a sub.

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    I won't give Neitlich the benefit of the doubt not until I see actual data that supports his claims! There will always be lots of (maybes and ifs) about his statements, and wether he is telling partial of the truth or not, his history doesn't support any of his claims as actual facts.

Your analogy of the blue sky doesn't cut it, for me at least, not until I see factual data, or a very reliable source that supports some of his numbers and statements!

Scott is't your typical naive MOTU fan, he is a salesman, twisted, hateful and got caught lying on numerous occasions, and that alone should discredit his remarks automatically, not until we see an actual proof to claim otherwise. Until then, I'd remain skeptical and go with my guts and say he was BSing us all along.

Cheers

• Dynamo of Eternia
    commented on 's reply
    I understand that. I'm not saying that Scott never contradicted himself in the past and said things that weren't true. He most certainly have, and I've stated my own criticisms of him in the past.

But, and I genuinely mean this with all due respect, it gets kind of ridiculous how far some people take the assumption that EVERYTHING SINGLE WORD he says is the EXTREME POLAR OPPOSITE of the truth. I understand taking most things that he says with a grain of salt and questioning it to SOME extent, but how far some people take it is absurd.

If he said "the sky is blue,"... something that is generally true under normal day time conditions when the weather is good... there are some who would try to find a way to twist that as much as possible to accuse him of lying. I can see the comments now...

"He probably said that at night when the sky was black! Lying scumbag!"

"The sky isn't ALWAYS blue... sometimes when the sun is settings it is shades of orange, red, and purple... and stuff! What a dirty liar!"

"Technically the sky is LIGHT blue. He needs to get his facts straight and stop spreading LIES!!"

"When he posted that, it was storming where I live and the sky was dark! He should look at the weather before spreading LIES about the color of the sky! LIES BLAHHHHH.... LIES!!!!!"

It just gets kind of ridiculous.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; 08-14-2015, 12:59 AM.

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    There is always a possibility that the "new upper management" has found a cheaper manufacturing vendor like what you've proposed here, having said that, Neitlich has been lying from day one, about almost everything, especially if you've followed his answers and remarks over the years like some of us here did, which also makes his past statements about the sub numbers, quotas and sales very questionable!

I remember when he used to say on one of the RGD episodes that the subs are doing great; above and beyond Mattel's expectations, then he comes in a year or so later saying due to the manufacturing higher costs, the subs are now barely hitting the minimum!!! And he started using that marketing BS tactics to even push more sub sales until the very end making fans believing the numbers aren't there yet! And after the sub closes, lo and behold, we see 20-30% increase in sub numbers in the last hours!

Give me a break!!!!...

• Dynamo of Eternia
    commented on 's reply
    My main point is that I'm wondering if maybe they switched to a manufacturing vendor who:
    1. Is able to produce the figures at a lower cost
    2. Will allow for a smaller total quota of figures to go into production at that cost.

So, for example (and these are numbers that I am completely making up to illustrate the point), let's suppose the 2015 subs needed a minimum of 6,000 subscriptions to hit the "100%" that they needed to hit (or at least come very close to) for the sub to move forward. That is the amount they have to make in order for the cost per-unit to work out correctly. If they make significantly fewer figures, the cost per-figure would be more because of the cost and labor of just setting them up for manufacturing, etc.

Now, let's suppose, hypothetically that they switched to another manufacturing vendor who will allow the minimum quota to be smaller AND result in each figure costing less. And suppose the new quota for 2016 is 3,000 subscriptions. It means that once they get 3,000 subscriptions (half of the hypothetical number from the 2015 sub), that is they have hit 100% of the new goal line. And if that is the case, then 175% of the goal would come out to 5,250 subs sold. So (using these hypothetical numbers) fewer in actual total than what was needed just to hit 100% last year, but more than enough to shoot well past 100% this year.

Now, again, the numbers that I used are just made up to illustrate the point. I have no idea what the actual quotas are, if they are now lower for 2016, and (if lower) how much lower the quota is. But IF the minimum changed (whether from switching manufacturers, or the same manufacturer lowering their prices and quotas), then that could partly explain why the PERCENTAGE (and not necessarily the total amount being produced) is so much higher this time around.

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    What about the the POP/Etheria and the 200X subs? They were small enough (even more so smaller than the 2016 sub) for people to commit to, not to mention both have had more or less very interesting and probably more demanded characters!!!

I don't think the lower price factor per figure in the 2016 sub has contributed to push the sub sales up to 50-75% more than what Neitlich used to claim!!! Remember that, the main vintage characters are almost done by the end of 2015, and the majority of the collectors are almost done collecting this line!

• Dynamo of Eternia
    commented on 's reply
    I think the fact that it is a smaller sub (therefore less of a financial commitment), and that we were told the entire line up from the get-go likely helped.

I also wonder if their minimum "quota" of how many subs they sell has been reduced. This is a complete guess and speculation on my part, but since we were told that the cost of figures next year will be going down instead of up, I wonder if maybe they switched vendors that actually produce the figures. Maybe they were able to offer producing them at a lower cost per unit, and with a smaller minimum quota. I could be completely wrong on this, but it's something that I wonder about.

I'm not saying that the numbers that we've been told in the past were completely accurate, but I suspect that there are reasons, possibly akin what I said above, that factor into this beyond them simply selling the same amount of subs that they did last year, plus an additional 75%.

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    I know, it just shows you that he was lying about it all this time, and still many airheads at the other site keep kissing his ass!

• Black Zodac
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think Scott was ever worried about the MOTUC subscriptions not going through. He always knew those would sell. I think he was more worried about not getting his bonus. The more sales he made, the bigger the bonus.

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    175%!!! Wild.
    Strange isn't it? Especially after we're lead to believe by Nutlich that we barely made it through the other subs he used to run!

Leave a comment:

• MIDOR
    replied
    Um. No. To soon. Besides Mattel should have a decent idea what the fans want. If they don't then they should have a decent idea of what's left.
    Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    175%!!! Wild.
    Time to start campaigning for the 2017 figures now!

Leave a comment:

• MegaGearMax
    replied
    175%!!! Wild.

Time to start campaigning for the 2017 figures now!

Leave a comment:

• Dark Angel
    replied
    [ sarcasm ]*Gasp!*[ /sarcasm ]

Leave a comment:

• MIDOR
    replied
    Good to hear.

Yes. Bring on the submation figures

(see what I did there? feel free to use it)

Leave a comment:

• MrCellophane
    replied
    w00t! Bring on the Filmation Sub or whatever the hell they're calling it

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    This is great news! Glad the subscription went through

Leave a comment:

• The 2016 Collector's Choice subscription is a GO!

Here comes the good news from the Matty:

And now you shall receive them! [ATTACH=CONFIG]n42124[/ATTACH]

The sub passed with flying colors and we surpassed our goal by 75%!

If you subbed in you can expect to receive Lord Masque in January 2016 with Vultak, Crita, and the rest of the gang following throughout the year (Day Of stock will be available in limited quantities).

As always, thank you for your continued support of the brand. Things are always in a perpetual state of change but when YOU demonstrate your love and passion for MOTU it makes it that much easier for the team to continue to deliver you guys quality products.

Congratulations once again, back to the salt mines I go.

Skeletor's Love Child
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...5/m/2031047788
    Attached Files

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X