Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Failmation" Teela Revealed

Thanks to Jukka from Grayskullcon!

It looks like Mattel dropped the ball super hard on the "Filmation" Teela that comes with Point Dread. One fan on the .org mentioned that this might be the reason why we haven't seen very clear pictures of her until this point. Did the 4H sculpt this or was this done in house? The original Teela from 2009 is still the best!

The first thing that's off is the waist swivel. If this is the way that it would have looked, then Mattel should have kept it to one piece, as too much articulation can ruin the sculpt if it's not done right. The next thing is that headsculpt...Failmation Teela's face looks like it sits too low. And from another angle, it looks fat.

Now I think I'm going to wait on Point Dread. Since vehicles don't really go too fast, I think I can wait on this one.

At least it will be good to get her Filmation weapons...

I kind of like her.

Comment

This isn't suppose to be Filmation Teela

Comment

She looks like a chimp. Horrible, horrible face sculpt. Good god that is UGLY!!
        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

she looks terrible, her face doesn't even look like the cartoon. sorry failmation fans, i feel bad for you. when i get her she'll be keeping that helmet with the visor on.
          http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

O my days she got slapped with the ugly stick. It would only take me one day to create a accurate head from only pictures on Google. How can this happen when they have archived artwork. They need to make neck smaller and head bigger.

Not that I buy figures at all but I know what teela looks like I be vexed if I was a collector like most of you , that pokemon syndrome is a killer

Comment

Originally posted by teemu81 View Post
              This isn't suppose to be Filmation Teela
              We'll most likely get a real "Filmation Teela" in the HATMOTU line. This version was supposed to be a Classicized version, much like MAA with the Battle Ram last year or Failmation Hordak.

Comment

• teemu81
                teemu81 commented
                Editing a comment
                look for her filmation look in 2017

What the heck is that!!! :trapjaw:

She looks like a bootleg from the early days!... Even Madam Razz might be laughing her big ass off once she sees her!

Comment

Ok, I'm officially naming her "Chimp Teela".
                "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

• teemu81
                  teemu81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  she does have a planet of the apes female ressemblance

Yuk, I'm not a filmation fan, but I was interested to see her as I think F T is a nice design ,
                But as I've said many times before the female buck is just too big,

the idea of doing a armour overlay was a bad call ,Should have been a new torso

Look at the proto, the leotard connects under the crotch,
                The production is still suffering from granny pants ( not as bad in the past but still not good) it amazes me that every other figure manufacturer out there can make a aesthetic female crotch)

The face looks bad, but as others have pointed out, it could be factory warp,

The waist turn had the ideal opportunity to be under the gold armour but was missed, creating a ugly cut join,

In short, she was added to the box set as a way to secure sales as Teela is a high demand figure,
                It should have just been in the filmation sub were it would have got the proper budget to do the figure right ,

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                  Ok, I'm officially naming her "Chimp Teela".
                  I don't know about that!!!... To me, her face looks like an ethnic drag queen that went for a terrible facelift!
                  ... Her eyebrows are way too high for such a flat looking profile!

Besides, her torso and armor look simply awful!
                  Last edited by Mechanizor; 09-12-2015, 09:40 PM.

Comment

MOTHER OF GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE!
                    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Least you can change her Head to another Head what Who have already for her other version
                      Last edited by Jyrki; 09-12-2015, 10:30 PM. Reason: Corrected my view, sorry.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                        Mechanizor commented
                        Editing a comment
                        But her torso is screwed up as well!!!

• Matthew L. Martin
                        Matthew L. Martin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If you _have_ another Teela ...

I'm of the opinion that characters who got appearances on the covers of the BCI CD sets should be evergreen.

Whoever was in charge of letting this figure get to production needs their job evaluated and/or their eyes checked.

Comment

It took me a while to grok to it, but I finally figured out what this thing reminds me of - Beatrice from American Mary, a stripper who has had a lot of ill-advised plastic surgery in an effort to look like cartoon character Betty Boop:

Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• Dark Angel
                          Dark Angel commented
                          Editing a comment
                          ...actually? Beatrice looks better.

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
                        MOTHER OF GOD KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Indeed.....

Comment

On the back of the box she looks better.

Somewhere through the process mattel turned her into a chippette.

“Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Y2Greg
                            Y2Greg commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Something happened. That box art should be reflecting the figure, and probably did when the Four Horsemen sculpted it. Can't wait to hear the explanation.

Maybe the price drop in 2016 has to do with a new and less talented vendor in China?

• Draego-Man
                            Draego-Man commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You mean CHIMPette.

As if the abomination that is Teela wasn't enough, check out how much they shrunk Point Dread.... Click image for larger version

Name:	IxDUlkM.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	42828

This isn't a playset, it's a bloody sick joke.

Does this new team really think this kind of garbage is acceptable? It really is unreal just how shitty everything went in a real hurry. I hate Scooter, don't get me wrong, but good god, evidently they let a bunch of even bigger morons loose on the MOTUC line. Where is the quality control? Were is the passion? And most of all where is the "transparency"? Enraged fans are blowing up the ORG and the Matty Forums, and so far this new team is just remaining silent. The fact that they hid Teela for so long just demonstrates how shady they are willing to be too. Unbelievable.

I likely won't be buying this piece of garbage set now, unless we see some pictures that show tangible improvement. I'm also seriously considering bailing on 2016 subs too given how piss poor the quality control has become.

Way to drive the entire line into the ground. What a damn shame.
                          Last edited by Draego-Man; 09-14-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• Beastmangler
                            Beastmangler commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Unacceptable!!!!

• Dark Horse
                            Dark Horse commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I hate the new BS as much as the next guys, but that first shot of Point Dread was never promised, and for good reason. You can see where it splits in half to sit on top of CG, it's far too big. So in this instance there had to be a size constraint due to the size of the CG parapet.

• MegaGearMax
                            MegaGearMax commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Holy crap. I was so focused on Teela that I didn't look at Point Dread itself!

As if the abomination that is Teela wasn't enough, check out how much they shrunk Point Dread.... [ATTACH=CONFIG]n42828[/ATTACH]

This isn't a playset, it's a bloody sick joke.

Does this new team really think this kind of garbage is acceptable? It really is unreal just how shitty everything went in a real hurry. I hate Scooter, don't get me wrong, but good god, evidently they let a bunch of even bigger morons loose on the MOTUC line. Where is the quality control? Were is the passion? And most of all where is the "transparency"? Enraged fans are blowing up the ORG and the Matty Forums, and so far this new team is just remaining silent. The fact that they hid Teela for so long just demonstrates how shady they are willing to be too. Unbelievable.

I like won't be buying this piece of garbage set now, unless we see some pictures that show tangible improvement. I'm also seriously considering bailing on 2016 subs too given how piss poor the quality control has become.

Way to drive the entire line into the ground. What a damn shame.
                          WTF!!!

This is utterly ridiculous, none of the figures can fit into that shrunken Dread-Point other than Orko and the other goofs in his size!... Now I'm really pissed!!!

Comment

I'd already traded my Teela in advance for another figure, so I'm at least good there. It's a shame that Point Dread was size reduced. I'd rather pay the same price (without the figure) for the bigger version of Point Dread
                            Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Does this new team really think this kind of garbage is acceptable? It really is unreal just how shitty everything went in a real hurry. I hate Scooter, don't get me wrong, but good god, evidently they let a bunch of even bigger morons loose on the MOTUC line. Where is the quality control? Were is the passion? And most of all where is the "transparency"?
                              they were so quick to throw him under the bus & now we see that they are worse than he was. power-con exclusives, king hiss, failmation teela, mini-dread, what will they screw up next?

Comment

• MegaGearMax
                                MegaGearMax commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I think TG's tenure was worse. The in-fighting over him split up the He-Man community and divided our most notable fans. Not to mention the stuff that was stolen from Emiliano.

But this new team is screwing up oh so badly! All of this ever since July!
                                Last edited by MegaGearMax; 09-15-2015, 09:00 PM.

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post

they were so quick to throw him under the bus & now we see that they are worse than he was. power-con exclusives, king hiss, failmation teela, mini-dread, what will they screw up next?
                              Looks like Mattel in general is a screwed up company to begin with, and the MOTU brand (in particular) from the NA era to this day, has always suffered from its miserable management!

The 4 Horsemen and their associates did a great deal to bring back MOTU to the market and to its fandom, and yet Mattel has always found a way to screw things up with its bad decisions, shady customer service, QC incompetence, marketing strategies, and of course with their irrefutable greed!

Comment

They basically just made sure Snake Mountain will never be made. This item is going to be an abysmal flop and upper management will completely loose faith in the line, making Snake Mountain a nonstarter.

Thanks Team "Transparency" for being such total screw ups! I also love how they are completely ignoring the backlash. What a bunch of charlatans!!!!

Comment

• teemu81
                                  teemu81 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  why should they care? people keep giving them their money.....couple of us complaining is not enough for them to warrant caring.All those Org members that are complaining will still buy it

Holy Cow!!

Forget the "Beast" Teela figure, that scale is inexcusable!!

Count me out of this one for sure!!!

Comment

they should have just re-released her with the new head like BR-MAA. or use the original face with new hair & adora body. but as usual, the females get the short end of the stick.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X