Thundercats Classics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thundercats Classics

So who is planning to get a Thundercats sub? I'm in.

That said, I'm not so pleased with the recent changes they made to Lion-O who I think looks worse than he did before.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Not me, subbing has become an act of defiance for me!

Comment

I'm with you on that Draego-Man. I definitely prefer the first Lion-O shown.

I went from definitely subbing, to now being on the fence. We'll see.......

Comment

I'm subbing for sure, but I echo the above sentiments Loin-o looked way better before

Comment

I'm definitely going to be subbing.

As for Lion-O, I personally prefer the way he looks now over the reveal.

Comment

Probably will be cherry picking these instead of subbing,of course depending on the price too.

Comment

depends on the price...
              I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

For me, depends on the selection. I haven't watched Thundercats since I was a kid, so I don't want real unusual characters (at least not yet). I really like the two reveals so far, especially the updated Lion-O.

Comment

I'm in! Finally these figures will get some long overdue justice from their original line and since I never picked up the revised line; these will be a welcomed addition to the possible crossover fan fic of mine "When Swords Collide (working title)"!

Comment

I'm impressed with the designs. Having a ThunderCats line in scale with MOTUC is awesome.
                    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I want these very badly. A dream come true.

I just can't deal with digital river. Secondary market here I come.
                      “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Cant wait to sub. Thundercats will look great on my shelves

Comment

This looks to be a really awesome line. I can't wait!
                          “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Sub opens up on January 11th! Thundercats Club Third Earth
                            http://www.clubs.mattycollector.com/...0#.VpHb26NOlpX

Here is the full lineup:
                            • Lion–O™ (07/16)
                            • Jackalman™ (08/16)
                            • Pumyra™ (09/16)
                            • Club-exclusive: Mumm–Ra (09/16)
                            • Panthro™ (10/16)
                            • Grune™ (11/16)
                            • Jaga™ (12/16)

Comment

I can't subscribe but man I hope these go well.

I imagine a snarf or thunderkittens 2-pack as con exclusives.
                              “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

These are going to be tough for me to turn down...... even with (IMO) Lion-O looking worse now than the original prototype.

Comment

Yeah, I'l be subbing... but I agree about the changes to Lion-O. Not good at all.
                                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Grune and Panthro!!!!! Cant wait !!!!!!

Comment

starts in july huh?

well, that gives plenty of time to get it all done and all done right.

I'm ok with the line up.

I need to see pictures of mock ups, 2nd ups, something to help me decide if I'm going to get the sub.

Comment

...OK, I'm gonna have to get on my high horse yet again...

-They actually want to sell this sub, presumably - so where's the wide announcement that it even exists? Did they announce all this via one or two specific channels that not everyone reads like FB? Again?

-I, for one, need more details. It goes on sale today and will not be extended. Extended past what? Today? Next week? Next month? Or can we just sub at any old time between now and the collapse of the universe? Does that mean they will automatically ship these figures to everyone in the known world during the last 6 months of this year just in case they sub at some point during their natural lives?

-Mumm-Ra exclusive! Mumm-Ra exclusive! OK, OK, I get it. Mumm-Ra is the subscription exclusive. Which Mumm-Ra? Because surely the traditional, powered-up, buff Mumm-Ra is not the exclusive. It would be utterly insane and ridiculously stupid to limit that version in that way...so, actually, a classic Mattel move. Huh. Well, let's presume they aren't going to be be quite that dumb this time. So what is the sub exclusive Mumm-Ra? Mummy Mumm-Ra? Red Lion-O Mumm-Ra? Pumm-Ra? King Arthur? A swarm of locusts? A female sprite/fairy thing? A female fairy/plant thing? All that stuff and more happened (seriously). So which is it?

-There's that resculpted Lion-O again. Great. Unlike a lot of folks, I actually prefer this version, so fine. But what does he come with? The original version specifically showed multiple accessories, but this one has only been seen with the fully-extended Sword of Omens and a glove that may or may not be permanently attached to the figure.

-For that matter, where is Jackalman? We have only ever seen a proto. And there really should be protos of a least a few of the others to show at this stage of the game.

-Again, for that matter, what accessories do any of these come with? Are we going to be forced to buy additional accessory packs for this series like we were for MOTUC?

Show me something worthwhile, Mattel. A picture of Lion-O whilst holding your hand out palm up is not nearly enough...
                                        Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

• teemu81
                                          teemu81 commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          they already showed the Mumra they are offering at SDCC....mummy form mumra like the original mail-away

• Dark Angel
                                          Dark Angel commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Don't take this the wrong way, but that is not what that sub page says - and if there is one thing we should have learned from last year, it is that if they do not specify in writing, they consider themselves free to do whatever they please...

• Crespo
                                          Crespo commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          They showed the depowered Mumm-Ra as a Sub Exclusive.

This isn't even listed on the Mattycollector website, and subs were supposed to open this morning, but they are still not available. What are they doing? Do they want this to sell or not? I've seen almost ZERO advertising for this.

Comment

• Dark Angel
                                          Dark Angel commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Sub page now says 'The enrollment period begins TBD.'

It really is as if they don't want to actually sell it...and, in my case at least, they just about have made up my mind in the negative.

I'm not seeing anything on mattycollector regarding Thundercats...

Comment

Grief...man, this is marketing 101. All of the toy sites should have been informed and hyped awhile ago. We should see videos telling you why you should subscribe.

It's like Mattel is deathly afraid of the fans.

Comment

• Crespo
                                            Crespo commented
                                            Editing a comment
                                            I blame the reaction to Skeletor's Love Child rant on Matty that has them afraid. I'm worried that they'll stay mum about it and open the sub for a small window and we don't get the numbers needed for it to go on. A part of me feels like Matty is trying to fail on purpose and shift the blame on us...

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
                                          Grief...man, this is marketing 101. All of the toy sites should have been informed and hyped awhile ago. We should see videos telling you why you should subscribe.

It's like Mattel is deathly afraid of the fans.
                                          Come on man, you know how Mattel works......

It's clearly OUR JOB to promote Matty Collector pruducts.
                                          If you're a fan of a particular franchise that Matty is selling product of, you must promote the crap out of the line. Start threads. Hashtag the shit out of the sub. Mention it to everyone including your mother on Facebook.

It's the Matty way!

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                                            Come on man, you know how Mattel works......

It's clearly OUR JOB to promote Matty Collector pruducts.
                                            If you're a fan of a particular franchise that Matty is selling product of, you must promote the crap out of the line. Start threads. Hashtag the shit out of the sub. Mention it to everyone including your mother on Facebook.

It's the Matty way!
                                            Looks like Neitlich has set some standards for them to follow! ... I hope MattyCollector get their act together before they implode on themselves indefinitely, especially after one of their major scumbags is no longer working for them.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                            Working...
                                            X