No announcement yet.

Who is buying the Talon Fighter today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is buying the Talon Fighter today?

Just curious as to how many of you are buying the Talon Fighter & Point Dread today. I plan on getting one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Point-Dread-and-Talon-Fighter.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	44017
    “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Talon Fighter was always a "one of a kind" aircraft in MOTU, so I don't plan on buying more than one like I did with Battle Ram. One will be enough for me.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

• Y2Greg
      Y2Greg commented
      Editing a comment
      Me too. First vehicle in the line I've only got one of.

I am buying one.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

buying one when it goes on discount....I feel foolish paying the new Matty prices and then watch it go on discount later,just like battle Ram did!

Comment

I had the original but I'm not getting the classics version. I don't know how much it costs but I imagine it's expensive. And I don't feel like dishing out big bucks for it. Not even for Teela.

Comment

I'm getting one today, and maybe a second one when it goes on sale.

Edit: I just bought one, however the shipping cost was $19.79 for both standard and USPS here in California!!! That's just insane especially for USPS!... I don't if it was a glitch on DR's part or just a highway robbery even after reloading the page several times!

My order went to a whopping $157.46 with shipping and taxes! :joker:
          Last edited by Mechanizor; 11-16-2015, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I'm doing JUST as TG suggests:

"I'm waiting until next year when it goes on sale like all the other past vehicles and playsets. No reason to pay full price if you can wait a few months." I'll probably get one during Tax season.

Boy, did he get taken to task for those comments on the .org.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...y-access/page2

Comment

• rothsauce
              rothsauce commented
              Editing a comment
              Until He-Dad stepped in - and magically no one made mention of the issue after his last post.

Amusing that HD wants people to stop derailing the subjects, but half the time instigates them.

Originally posted by MegaGearMax View Post
            I'm doing JUST as TG suggests:

"I'm waiting until next year when it goes on sale like all the other past vehicles and playsets. No reason to pay full price if you can wait a few months." I'll probably get one during Tax season.

Boy, did he get taken to task for those comments on the .org.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...y-access/page2
            I hope his current employers at Jakks see what that idiot they've hired is all about!

Comment

I was really tempted to wait for it to go on sale. My lack of patience got the better of me and I ordered one today. Almost $20 in shipping charges though, yikes! I did like Mechanaizor and refreshed the page by choosing different shipping methods and it was still the same. Shipping costs are getting so bad. I truly feel for my international brethren and the costs they must be incurring.

Comment

just wait folks....it will be cheaper later on

Comment

Originally posted by teemu81 View Post
                  just wait folks....it will be cheaper later on
                  I'm afraid if everyone waits, it would give a message to Mattel that vehicles aren't in demand, and they would stop making them anymore!

Comment

I picked one up.
                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

i bought one, but i don't think anyone should worry, all the other vehicles are still sitting on the site. It's just a scare tactic.

& people hating on toyguru is nothing new. he didn't say anything we all haven't said. they have sales, if you can wait, you should.
                      http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

I got one, but it stung!
                        Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

Like others I'll wait. But all should remember Snake Mt may be on its way next fall. So just another big purchase at the end of the year.

Comment

Being more interested in statues and busts, this is one that will be passed on completely.

Comment

I am waiting. Part of it just has to do with this time of year, between holiday gifts, property taxes (outrageous taxes I might add) and vacation in December (I will be on a beach Christmas day) I need to exercise some kind of fiscal responsibility.

Plus...if I was going to get a big item, it would be the Black Series Force Awakens Tie Fighter. That thing is just beautiful. I don't collect the 6 inch series but I am a huge Star Wars fan.

Also...considering I held off on the Battle ram for the same reasons last year, and then got it for a great price a year later, I can afford to wait. If the Teela would have been better I think that would have made me want it more urgently. Well that and after I saw reviews I don't know that I care for how it looks on Castle Grayskull.

Comment

Yeah, when I get the set, I'm keeping my Talon Fighter and Point Dread separate. I don't like how Point Dread looks unaligned atop the castle.

Comment

• Battle Ram Man
                                  Battle Ram Man commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Same here. Although I am going to see if I can get it to sit straight somehow.

• Battle Ram Man
                                  Battle Ram Man commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Nope, it can't sit on there straight.

Against Better Judgement, I caved... Like the TF, but PD is too small and the less we talk about Teela, the better.
                                I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

...they finally put that thing on sale? I haven't been paying attention.

...the answer to your question, then, is an emphatic no.
                                  Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

It "Sold Out"... Whether real or false, we do not know yet. I expect them to find a crate full of them sometime in December,
                                    I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                      Mechanizor commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      Are you sure? I was able to add it into my cart...
                                      Last edited by Mechanizor; 11-18-2015, 05:16 PM.

It's NOT Sold out...

Comment

It was sold out, but it suddenly came back up...
                                      http://imgur.com/a/HtWgc
                                      both pics were taken today.
                                      I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

Originally posted by Crespo View Post
                                        It was sold out, but it suddenly came back up...
                                        http://imgur.com/a/HtWgc
                                        both pics were taken today.
                                        Interesting, so either it was a software glitch while updating the site, or someone at Matty made the wrong a decision then backed out on it by voiding it!

I doubt very much that someone has put a huge order and then their card didn't go through!

Comment

• Crespo
                                          Crespo commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          to be fair, when it was gone it was Early in the Morning (around 4-5 AM Pacific Standard Time), so it's a "mystery"...
                                          I do wonder if they will pull it out on Black Friday (assuming they make a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale)

• Mechanizor
                                          Mechanizor commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Hmm, probably it was a glitch while updating the site, since DR operates from the Philippines...

I saw it as sold out earlier. So not true. lol.
                                        "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X