Dragstor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragstor

I just got mine and I gotta say I really like him. The sculpt is fantastic! Sure, he probably should've had a working wheel, but still this is a great figure. The lack of action feature doesn't bother me nearly as much as Blast Attak. Overall I don't get all the hate that I've seen for the figure. I love this character and I think they pulled it off really well. The head sculpt in particular is awesome.
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

I agree! I think he turned out great!

Comment

I never cared much for him in the past, not until I got him in hand. He's very cool looking for what he is, but I still think he should've had a new torso with a working wheel.

Comment

Dragstor is definitely one of my favorite figures to get released this year. I really like his weapons too.
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

1. his torso is the wrong color. how they screw up something so basic as torso color is inexcusable. it doesn't even make sense. what is he wearing, a muscle shirt? it's just stupid. they have no excuse the way they did with hydron.
          2. his legs are skinnier than everyone else's, it looks bad.
          3. they included a stupid fake hole for the ripcord. there is no action feature so stop ruining the sculpt with useless things. nobody thinks it's cute anymore.
          4. his whip is too rigid. it should have been made out of soft plastic like catra's whip.
          5. his crossbow is too soft, it's warped in the package. this should have been rigid.

http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• Dark Horse
            Dark Horse commented
            Editing a comment
            All very valid points.

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
          1. his torso is the wrong color. how they screw up something so basic as torso color is inexcusable. it doesn't even make sense. what is he wearing, a muscle shirt? it's just stupid. they have no excuse the way they did with hydron.
          2. his legs are skinnier than everyone else's, it looks bad.
          3. they included a stupid fake hole for the ripcord. there is no action feature so stop ruining the sculpt with useless things. nobody thinks it's cute anymore.
          4. his whip is too rigid. it should have been made out of soft plastic like catra's whip.
          5. his crossbow is too soft, it's warped in the package. this should have been rigid.
          1) I think it was a design choice by Mattel/4HM. IMO it looks better this way as it makes his body look more cybertronic and mechanical. I don't get the muscular shirt observation, the muscles are protruding underneath the costume just like any other muscular characters who wear costumes.
          2) I think this was also done on purpose much like his vintage counterpart!
          3) I agree, but in his case it's not that prominent like the other figures who have had playing features.
          4) I agree.
          5) I think if it was more rigid, it could've been a little more brittle and more prone to breakage... I simply hate the packaging choices by Mattel, almost always warp and damage the softer parts.

Comment

• PhantomZodak
            PhantomZodak commented
            Editing a comment
            i mentioned the muscle shirt purely in regards to the color, as in, he is wearing a black sleeveless shirt (aka muscle shirt) because it doesn't make sense that his chest is black while his arms & legs are blue unless he has blue skin & is wearing a black sleeveless shirt.

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh, now I see what you meant there... However I think the designers were after having the armor and the "sleeveless" shirt act as one unit/piece instead of wearing a harness that has a wheel and an engine!

I didn't get him, but overall he looks pretty cool to me. I don't think a real wheel would have worked because it would have run into the crotch area.
          Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            True; if they've kept the design as is, however I think they should've redesign the whole torso section and relocated the wheel a little higher or made it a little smaller!

I never had the vintage Dragstor, so I'm really looking forward to getting him now, inaccurate colour scheme and all. Got my billing notice for my quarterly shipment so it shouldn't be too long now.:kinggrayskull:

Comment

I still love him. I think he turned out great. I could care less about that little slot for the ripcord. It could be anything, use your imagination! Legs look fine to me, torso colour looks better to me. The whip should have been soft, I'll give you that.

Not to sound like a Matty Apologist, but I just really like this guy. He was a personal favorite as a kid, and I've been waiting a long time for him. Turns out I wasn't disappointed. All good for me. Sorry to hear some fans are disappointed though.
            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

It would have been cool if he came with an unmasked face. I bet the 4HM could come up with something cool for that.
              Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

I like him. If he had a working whell, he might have been my favourite of the entire line, like his vintage counterpart.
                "The first condition of progress is that there is no censorship"

Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the devil...

IDH Custom toys

Comment

He's one of my favorites and as much as the wheel would've been cool, He still is! And I know they tried to stay away from the action feature, but this is a figure that along with Rio Blast could;ve used that torso from Buzzsaw Hordak where upon opening the cavity you could flipped a non-spinning wheel and click into place for his speed out mode... Just an idea

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X