Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fwoosh Laser Power He-Man & Laser Light Skeletor review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fwoosh Laser Power He-Man & Laser Light Skeletor review.

You can read it here:
    http://thefwoosh.com/2015/10/first-l...light-skeletor

I must say from someone who never had the chance to own the vintage counterparts, these are very impressive in hand! And even though Skeletor's head might be a little on the large size, he retains even more of that sinister look as if he was demonized with further evil powers! The light feature (or gimmick) on both of the figures makes them even more special!

I was going to order these guys, but they sold out too fast. I think they both look cool for what they are.
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Now that I have them in hand, they are worse in person than the photos. Stupid Ginormous backpacks that make them fall! They also went ULTRA CHEAP on Skeletor by cutting so much Articulation... The legs have nothing to do with the light up feature but they lost Articulation... Brandon has become Ruben Jr.
      I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

I was looking forward to them, but changed my mind after Dan's review. I think they were too faithful to the originals, actually, including the limits of 1980s technology.

Comment

• Crespo
          Crespo commented
          Editing a comment
          Pretty Much This.

I guess since I was already pretty removed from the toy line at this point these figures were never a want for me (despite some slight interest) but looking at these even less (although I did pick them up) as I see at least the He-man figure a possible custom candidate for a new character or possibly a Dare variant. And BTW the comic was HORRENDOUS, sorry for being so blunt but considering it's an 11 page or so limit, some stuff dragged on more than half a page too much where it could've been summed up in a panel with and narrative. Then there was Snake-Armor She-Ra...

Comment

the leg articulation really does suck. it was really hard making him stand up.

http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

I ended up picking up another set of these guys from the final Matty sale a few weeks ago. Overall I like them; especially Skeletor.
            "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I like motuc laser power he-man better than laser light skeletor, which is the reverse for how i feel about my vintage laser figs. I'm not really a fan of his hands, even though I know it's for the cartoon pose.

Comment

They're such weird figures the old ones. They don't really even feel like part of the original series. I guess they were - and are - so hard to find makes them feel even less a part of it all. Still hard to find even these days - weren't these figures the subject of that Toy Hunter TV show? Did he go hunting for some?

Comment

Originally posted by Eterni-or View Post
                  They're such weird figures the old ones. They don't really even feel like part of the original series. I guess they were - and are - so hard to find makes them feel even less a part of it all. Still hard to find even these days - weren't these figures the subject of that Toy Hunter TV show? Did he go hunting for some?
                  I've never seen that show. but you are right, they were completely different. on the plus side they don't have the rubber bands for the legs. my original beastman just lost his legs.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X