Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dare I say that Dare looks awesome as a figure?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    For anyone still wanting him, he is on sale at the official Mattel Store for $14.00.

Leave a comment:

• PhantomZodak
    commented on 's reply
    I also gave him vykron's arms

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    Those Icarius boots look great on him. I plan on adding those same boots to my Hydron figure.

• PhantomZodak
    replied
    finally took pictures of my Dare:

Slide1 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

Slide2 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

Slide3 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

Slide4 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

Slide5 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

Leave a comment:

• MIDOR
    replied
    After seeing your comment and taking a couple extra seconds, he does look like he's got a small head.

Let this be a lesson to Bettlejuice, Dare and you.

Don't mess with magic. It will give you a small head.

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Well, I finally got Dare. Sadly, I don't think he looks very good at all. He suffers from "small head" syndrome. This is especially noticeable when he is wearing the NA He-Man amor. A good replacement head for the character is the Icarius "Val Kilmer" head.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    It is hard to argue with that. But still... Skeleteen? C'mon. They can do better than that.

• Dark Angel
    commented on 's reply
    SkeleDORK!

• Draego-Man
    replied
    I think the name is kind of hilarious. What about Buzz Off, Fisto, Stinkor, Man-E-Faces, Snout Spout, Clawful, Mantenna, or Sssqueeze? Those are also absurd names. *shrugs*

Leave a comment:

• Black Zodac
    replied
    As far as bad names go, Skeleteen is still the worst. I hope someone at Mattel has enough common sense not to call him that if he gets produced as a figure.

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    replied
    The name of skeleteen is ridiculous, what's he going to be called when he's 20...skeledult?!?

Imagine him being 19 and the conversation going something like this....

Skeleteen: "Dad, can I be Skeletor 2 now, since in like a few days..you know...I'll be.."

Skeletor: "No son"

Skeleteen: "Well, how about Skele-man then?"

Skeletor: "Nyet!!"

Skeleteen: "And you wonder why I'm rocking a mohawk...fine...I'm just going to tell everyone to start calling me Skele-punk behind your back.

Skeletor: "More like Skele-brat, right Evil Lyn!?"

Leave a comment:

• Draego-Man
    replied
    LMAO!!!! I love it!!!

And yes, I've definitely jumped the shark in terms of my infatuation with Classics figures. lol.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    replied
    Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Bring on Skeleteen!!!!
    Here ya go!

Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Jump_the_Shark.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	45113

Leave a comment:

• Andy
    commented on 's reply
    I have to agree that he'd be kinda' cool as an action figure...though customizations may vary.

(Besides, I can think of at least one worse figure already made)

• Draego-Man
    replied
    Lol! Well, I'd still like to have him... mohawk and all!

Leave a comment:

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
    Bring on Skeleteen!!!!
    Everyone, after him!!! :manatarms:

Seriously though, they need to change that dreadful name and the mohawk design before even considering him as a figure!... I have nothing against mohawk hairdos BTW, but it's becoming a little redundant to associate mohawk wearing characters with being evil and whatnot.

Leave a comment:

• Draego-Man
    replied
    I finally have mine in hand, and I actually quite like him. Cool figure. He looks like a MOTU hero and works well. I think the head size is fine too. No issues at all for me, just a solid figure all around.

Bring on Skeleteen!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    Croc - I may try to customize him and fix him up.

• Croc-O-Bite!
    commented on 's reply
    Any chance you'll be selling that puny head then Cap?

• Mechanizor
    commented on 's reply
    I understand where you're coming from, especially the length of the neck, but most of the comic superheroes already suffer from this "the three heads wide shoulder" proportion look,more or less.
    I haven't tried the NA armor on him yet, but most armors as of late are a bit too fat and big to begin with!

• Captain Atkin
    commented on 's reply
    I have to disagree. When I look at that head, I almost wonder if it was made for a smaller 'Prince Adam 200X' buck (I doubt it was, but it would work better on a smaller buck). It just looks awkward on the figure's neck, and the NA armor does it no favours.

• Mechanizor
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    Well, I finally got Dare. Sadly, I don't think he looks very good at all. He suffers from "small head" syndrome. This is especially noticeable when he is wearing the NA He-Man amor. A good replacement head for the character is the Icarius "Val Kilmer" head.
    Come on, a bunch of the figures already suffer from the small head syndrome including Jitsu and Fisto, while other figures suffer from the giant head syndrome! I don't think it's a big issue for Dare to be labeled as a bad figure here!
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 01-13-2016, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dark Angel
    commented on 's reply
    The one I have seen IRL not only has a slightly small head, but the head sits way too high on the neck, adding to the sense of disproportion. This could be remedied by making the ball socket deeper and removing some plastic from the "cup" around that ball socket (the part that would end up resting on the torso's "neck" , but its an awful lot of work for a rather marginal result...

• Dark Angel
    commented on 's reply
    I think you mean the CHINA Sword. And yeah, thanks to that stamp, it's pretty much trashed.

• Captain Atkin
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MegaGearMax
    commented on 's reply
    Except for that Pre-Filmation Power Sword...

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X