• Show
Clear All

• Classics 2.0 is now Club Grayskull

Taken from Matty's News Page:
    http://news.mattycollector.com/blog/...fits-new-name/

Classics 2.0 is Now Club Grayskull™:
    Same Figures, Same Benefits, New Name!

By Tara Z.

MOTU Classics, New Adventures, Giants, Minis… we love ‘em all. But when we saw how awesome the six new Filmation-style figures turned out, we felt like kids on Christmas morning!

These new figures took us right back to where it started for many of us… the animated ‘80s series! There’s He-Man® posing with the Power Sword, ready to take on arch-nemesis Skeletor®. (“I have the power!”) But watch out for Beast Man® and Trap Jaw®! It’s a battle for Eternia® and the fate of Castle Grayskull hangs in the balance…

And that’s when it hit us. This series cries out for a name worthy of the legend. And so we bring you… Club Grayskull™!
    The best part? If you’re a subscriber to Classics 2.0 you don’t have to do a single thing. You’ll get all six figures you’ve already signed up for, the club-exclusive Evil Seed™, and all the benefits of your subscription. You’re already in!
    Not a subscriber? No problem. Join us for our All-Access sales around the 15th of each month for a chance to score these bi-monthly figures. (Sorry, the club-exclusive Evil Seed™ figure only ships to subscribers!):
    • He-Man® (2/16)
    • Trap Jaw® (4/16)
    • Skeletor® (6/16)
    • Evil Seed™ (Subscription-only figure, 8/16)
    • Beast Man® (8/16)
    • Evil-Lyn® (10/16)
    • Clawful® (12/16)

They forgot to mention the "ankle-gate" phenomena!

Comment

*waits patiently for Matty to make an actual point*

Oh, wait, do they actually expect to do this for another seven years with Filmation designs? SMH
      Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Club Grayskull is a better name than Classics 2.0, but I do wonder why they didn't just go with Club Filmation again.
        "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
          Club Grayskull is a better name than Classics 2.0, but I do wonder why they didn't just go with Club Filmation again.

Given that the figures are all still available for 25% off, Club Filmation doesn't appear to have done so well for them.

Comment

Just got the figure today and it is great. I cant even tell the difference in the ankles. But i also dont use i microscope to inspect my figures

Comment

• Captain Atkin
              Captain Atkin commented
              Editing a comment
              Displayed on the shelf I don't really notice the new cut. It doesn't stand out the way it did in those pictures.

Unless the feet are pointed sideways, the ankles arent really noticeable. Ive never posed my figures sideways. I think people just like to complain. Can the gap be lessened, sure it could but its not as bad as some have made it out to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsting View Post
              Unless the feet are pointed sideways, the ankles arent really noticeable. Ive never posed my figures sideways. I think people just like to complain. Can the gap be lessened, sure it could but its not as bad as some have made it out to be.
              Suit yourself, as for me, I'd like sometimes display the figures in an action pose, and those substandard looking ankles would've bothered me if I had subscribed!

Looks like He-Man, Skeletor and Beastman are suffering from that awful ankle syndrome!

Comment

I like the name it's much, much, better.(no sarcasm)

As for the crappy ankles I now call them "crankles".

Originally posted by Mechanaizor View Post

Suit yourself, as for me, I'd like sometimes display the figures in an action pose, and those substandard looking ankles would've bothered me if I had subscribed!

Looks like He-Man, Skeletor and Beastman are suffering from that awful ankle syndrome!

Comment

Crankles, that fits it perfect!!

Comment

I finally have my He-Man 2.0 in hand and I have to say that the ankles are even worse in person. It is just inconceivable how bad they look. Like seriously ****ing ridiculous! Totally not passable on any level whatsoever. Mattel should be bloody ashamed of themselves for selling this piece of plastic crap to the public. To say they look horrible is an insult to things that look horrible because they are so far beyond that. I'm pissed!!!

Oh and that sword they packaged with it is a fricking joke too. Garbage. But even worse, garbage that doesn't even fit in his hand properly. What an embarrassment to the MOTU legacy this figure is.
                    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

I just got my figure yesterday, and I also don't like those boots. The ankles look bad compared to what came before. They should go back to the original boot cut.
                      “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Originally posted by Draego-Man View Post
                        I finally have my He-Man 2.0 in hand and I have to say that the ankles are even worse in person. It is just inconceivable how bad they look. Like seriously ****ing ridiculous! Totally not passable on any level whatsoever. Mattel should be bloody ashamed of themselves for selling this piece of plastic crap to the public. To say they look horrible is an insult to things that look horrible because they are so far beyond that. I'm pissed!!!

Oh and that sword they packaged with it is a fricking joke too. Garbage. But even worse, garbage that doesn't even fit in his hand properly. What an embarrassment to the MOTU legacy this figure is.
                        You usually become passive or forgiving when you get your controversial figures in hand, so if you say this one is bad, it must be really bad!!!... Too bad they've started this sub on a such bad note, and I hope their upcoming figures are a lot better in quality!...

I also hope the quality in the Collector's Choice Club sub doesn't degrade in such a scary way...

Originally posted by RoboSteveo View Post
                        I just got my figure yesterday, and I also don't like those boots. The ankles look bad compared to what came before. They should go back to the original boot cut.
                        I still wonder who came up with such a crappy design for the new ankles? It's hard to believe the 4HM went with this one!!!

Comment

It is official: Vultak also has the fugly cankles. Which probably means any new mold foot going forward is going to look like this.

Comment

Great, they've just ****ed the entire line. Idiots.
                            "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
                              It is official: Vultak also has the fugly cankles. Which probably means any new mold foot going forward is going to look like this.
                              Oh crap, that's not good!...

Comment

Just wait for production images of the Thundercats - I bet they will all have the cankles since they all appear to have new sculpt feet.

Comment

• Black Zodac
                                  Black Zodac commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I will be majorly bummed if they do. Those cankles are a major fail.

I have a serious question. How do you guys keep getting fed shit and going back for more?

There are figures here and there that I like and will pick up - but just set an alert on EBAY and pick up for the same or less cost (For the most part). Subbing is insane, unless you are a masochist and are into that sort of thing.
                                “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
                                Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

• Dark Angel
                                  Dark Angel commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  I did jump ship. I came back because this half-ish sub consists almost entirely of things I actively want. I had no idea things would go steadily downhill - honestly, I thought we'd hit rock bottom already.

• GREP-A-TOR
                                  GREP-A-TOR commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Fair enough - but it's like dating an abusive schizophrenic with a whole slew of ex's and people who want to **** with you if you say anything negative about the abuse.

I got so mad last year I would just look at the empty post box full of rage with absolutely nothing constructive or funny to say to release my steam valve.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X